Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Noel not getting away without telling Ray what age he is. Height next, then kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Well over a half hour on pubic hair now, every pay cheque he gets must be considered a bonus.

I know its been said time and time again, but I really think this was a new low. absolute pits, to give airtime to such rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    I know its been said time and time again, but I really think this was a new low. absolute pits, to give airtime to such rubbish.

What time was it on?

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Neeson wrote: »
    What time was it on?[/quote

After the eleven o clock news for pretty much the rest of the show

What time was it on?

The crack of dawn.....................couldn't resist, sorry:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,014 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Ray reminds me of those parents in the savage eye the other night!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

What did he apologise for?

Ray didn't apologise, today fm did.
    Ray just read out the statements.
    He didn't sound contrite anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Addle wrote: »
    Ray didn't apologise, today fm did.
    Ray just read out the statements.
    He didn't sound contrite anyways.

Wasn't that MND item on ages ago - like before Christmas?
    Maybe the offending piece was on another day - But I can't remember him saying anything very wrong that particular day - and I am sure Today FM will have lifted the offending piece from their podcast library long ago. I'd say Ray has spent months protesting that neither he nor the station should have to apologise - and now he's been forced to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭sillysmiles

It'd be nice to know what he said that he had to apologise for.

I am going to listen to the pubic hair discussion later. Can't wait to hear how Raymond grooms himself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

It'd be nice to know what he said that he had to apologise for.

Nah, it's pretty much standard practice to just read out a clarification or correction or whatever. Sure, if he were to say, "Hey, remember that time I said *ya-de-yada?*", he'd be in very hot water as he'd be repeating, and re-airing the offending remarks. Not cool, as far as radio bosses and/or legal peeps are concerned.

So we learned that Jenny is like a forest since she pushed out the sprog and Ray's manscaping and the stubble that returns soon after has caused her great irritation in the past.

Delightful.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

So we learned that Jenny is like a forest since she pushed out the sprog and Ray's manscaping and the stubble that returns soon after has caused her great irritation in the past.

Delightful.

It's like hearing about your parents having sex.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 24 Bart Mars

I think what killed Tom Dunne originally on Newstalk was having Joe Donnelly as producer.

How so?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

Ray be careful now remember who pays your wages, Denis O'Brien might be calling Ray into his office after this interview.
    Mick Wallace playing a clever game here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

5 minutes in and he mentioned running again. He has to shoe horn it into EVERYTHING he talks about.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

Yet another really stupid concept of a competition.

A couple of mindless comments about Alan Shatter and Nuala Carey.

I did enjoy the Mick Wallace interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Mick Wallace interview was crap, what about giving himself a massive wage increase when company was fuc**d, Wallace is a s*****g period.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Mick Wallace interview was crap, what about giving himself a massive wage increase when company was fuc**d, Wallace is a s*****g period.

What's that last swear word?? I can't figure it out!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,014 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

What's that last swear word?? I can't figure it out!! :D
    S********g

• Advertisement

totally agree about Mick Wallace interview...... Ray doing all the licking up again in his starstruck way "Mick this Mick that" like they are best buddies. I find it hard to take when Mick Wallace got away with so much. We have short memories.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Wow, I wasn't expecting Ray to be so openly critical of the Eurovision entry this morning between 9-10. It was sort of nice to hear him say it as opposed to just saying the usual "Ah we were unlucky." or "Didn't she do us proud?" plámás.

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭buster180

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Wow, I wasn't expecting Ray to be so openly critical of the Eurovision entry this morning between 9-10. It was sort of nice to hear him say it as opposed to just saying the usual "Ah we were unlucky." or "Didn't she do us proud?" plámás.

Mairead must be off on a Friday so, come Monday he will be back with his expert opinion on the waste of tax-payers money that is the Eurovision…

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Vorenus400

buster180 wrote: »
    Mairead must be off on a Friday so, come Monday he will be back with his expert opinion on the waste of tax-payers money that is the Eurovision…

Yea mairead wasnt there, she was part of the Mentor program a couple of years ago so expect a very different tune when she is back. In my opinion she is the weakest part of the team, she is reality TV, no talent barring fame itself. Will is bad jokes and random knowledge. Jenny kelly seems to try and roll back ray these days but Mairead is vapid idiot tv star.

She will find some way to defend the Selection process and Ray will agree so long as Mairead is part of it.

The best you can hope for is that Ray will give out about it and nothing will be saidd about Mairead's input in the whole as its the RTE process as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭denishurley

"Isn't it mad as a country that something like Donald Trump arriving in Ireland would be on the news?" Ray asks, after interviewing a member of the band who played to greet Trump at Shannon Airport

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Ray is deffo trolling a few people in here! Asking the member of the band is Donald Trump tall. I spat lucosade all over the site I'm on

He just explained what BBQ means

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Thank God for the show or we'd have absolutely no way of knowing what the weather is like in Dublin city centre every twenty minutes!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    He just explained what BBQ means

Thank god he did, I thought BBQ was BB Kings, wife's initials. Thanks Ray.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Thank God for the show or we'd have absolutely no way of knowing what the weather is like in Dublin city centre every twenty minutes!

That irritates the life outta me, I couldn't give a shiny one what the weather is like there!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement