Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭Heckler

raven136 wrote: »
    seriously your sex has nothing to do with liking any of those movie.Imagine someone in a hollywood movie about a smartass kid not talking like someone in real life.Hold the phone.at least 5 of those movie were massively popular and very good.

The show is terrible,but at least sportacus was good on it the other day

Eh yeah gender has a lot to do with it. A massively popular film doesn't make a good movie. Another example of hollywood shameless ****e, Titanic. I rest my case. Women fall for hollywood schmaltz ****e. Love actually, bridget joneses diary even 4 weddings. all movies where women sit around with a bottle of wine or two, lament the fact that all men are bastards (but still they yearn for Colin Firth to come around the corner), finger themselves to orgasm and wake up realising that the nerd who owned the bookshop is in fact their soulmate......................BOLLIX

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Heckler wrote: »
    Eh yeah gender has a lot to do with it. A massively popular film doesn't make a good movie. Another example of hollywood shameless ****e, Titanic. I rest my case. Women fall for hollywood schmaltz ****e. Love actually, bridget joneses diary even 4 weddings. all movies where women sit around with a bottle of wine or two, lament the fact that all men are bastards (but still they yearn for Colin Firth to come around the corner), finger themselves to orgasm and wake up realising that the nerd who owned the bookshop is in fact their soulmate......................BOLLIX

easy lad, easy! This is the radio forum, movies is over there somewhere --->

so back to talking about Ray, and let's keep it as clean as possible, mmmmkay?

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭RastaRed

Now thats funny, mainly because its the truth:D

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Someone asked Ray this morning if there was an Only Fools and Horses fanclub. He told the requester to google it !!! If he applied the same ruthlessness to Fix-It Friday, maybe the questions wouldn't be so stupid. Most of the questions asked could honestly be googled in seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

yet he spent an hour and a half getting people to text in saying why they are smiling. queue half the texts being "I had mindblowing sex last night" "Im getting married in a year" etc...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

I'm still confused as to the type of folk who use this Fix it Friday thing.

These people can use email but not google?

I understand if it's a 103 year old Peig Sayers writing a letter in to ask about something that puzzles her from the past, but the vast majority of requests still sound like they're from twenty/thirtysomethings who are either asking stupid pop culture trivia questions or looking for something easily available that they don't want to have to pay for, and hope that someone will give them free of charge if they feign ignorance.

What is the show's purpose, really?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I'd imagine quite a few of the questions are from people texting in. It'd probably explain why they don't just Google the question because let's face it, that's all Ray and the crew do.

Fix It Friday was relevant when the show first started almost 10 years ago and tbh it was quite a good idea, now it just seems stale and tired, like most of the show really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

show is childish and stale.
    at least gerry r has his own thoughts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭mcscrub

Sorry to get off the topic, but this is proabably one of the funniest comments I've read on boards. Well done Heckler. It's funny because it's true!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

mcscrub wrote: »
    Sorry to get off the topic, but this is proabably one of the funniest comments I've read on boards. Well done Heckler. It's funny because it's true!!

ahh feck sake mcscrub, I've already warned and infracted over this. Seriously, this is the last time I'll warn about this without banning. Don't make me do it lads :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭paul larry

ray is workin along with his missus (i think.......its been a while since i tuned in!!!!!!!!) the fun and amusement is now gone as i'm sure she restricts quite a lot of what he says!!!!!
    NEVER WORK WITH YOUR OTHER HALF!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

It's the baby (Kate?!) that has him screwed up - he's been too sensible ever since he's become a dad.

Wait til the presenter on the show after his starts having kids, then he'll calm down!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

an hour dedicated to what time people should change into their pyjamas today. conclcuded with them deciding to wear pyjamas in studio tomorrow. they is MAD!!!! :rolleyes:
    one text "OMG I do that too, I love changing into my jim jams when i get home from work"

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Arathorn

zuroph wrote: »
    an hour dedicated to what time people should change into their pyjamas today. conclcuded with them deciding to wear pyjamas in studio tomorrow. they is MAD!!!! :rolleyes:
    one text "OMG I do that too, I love changing into my jim jams when i get home from work"

Cringe :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Update: I have now been listening to Pat the Plank and Fido Dido for a while.

I do sometimes hate the uppity feel to Radio 1 but it beats the cringe fest that is Ray D'Arcy

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Cosmo K

Jayzyz, will they ever stop talking about Jenny Kelly's tits?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

Will they ever stop talking to jenny kelly is the real question! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Leaderbored

Im not best pleased about it, but Today FM is currently on in the office, and I couldn't help but hear a phone competition on the Ray D'arcy show which felt terribly like the set up of Colm and Jims home run, but with two contestants on the phone instead of one on skype.

That's disastrous altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Any catch the last half hour of his show today? He basically spent the entire time trying to work out whether the clocks were going forward or back this weekend. He then convinced himself they were going forward but we gain an hour in bed! Cringe radio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

The Ray Darcy is a juvenille waste of time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

keano_afc wrote: »
    Any catch the last half hour of his show today? He basically spent the entire time trying to work out whether the clocks were going forward or back this weekend. He then convinced himself they were going forward but we gain an hour in bed! Cringe radio.

Yup, he even managed to confuse the bejaysus out of me, DESPITE the fact that I'll NEVER forget my gran arriving at our front door for a lift to Mass one Sunday morning in March or April....she knew it was quarter to ten, while all of us (having forgotten about the change) were barely out of bed thinking it was quarter to NINE!

He said that if you set your alarm today for 8am then it'll go off at 7am on Sunday.....judging by the above it would go off at 9am, no ? :confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭patrickc

spring forward, fall back.

patrickc wrote: »
    spring forward, fall back.

Ah, poor old Autumn consigned to the rubbish tip (trash heap) of globaliZation and AmericaniZation ...... :(

I'm off to listen to Jeff Wayne and Justin Hayward to commemorate our fine third season...... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

keano_afc wrote: »

I was in the car yesterday, and caught the tail end of that bit. How can someone who has been doing this (time changes) for over 40 years still be confused by it? How does anyone think they will gain an hour when the clock goes forward?

It makes the mind boggle, especially all the idiots texting in. They have the necessary intelligence to operate a mobile phone, but not the cop on the realise that when the time goes from 1:59AM, to 3AM, that you've lost the entire hour between 2AM and 3AM, and not gained an hour :rolleyes: Why they were even entertaining this rubbish is beyond me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

jor el wrote: »
    IWhy they were even entertaining this rubbish is beyond me.

par for the course i'm afraid

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭sundula

I can't suffer Darcy or his crew. Drove me away from Today FM until 430pm. Listen to Newstalk now and much happier.

Today FM really need to shake up the Darcy Show, if they insist on keeping him then they should kick out Kelly, Farrell and replace Hanafin with a new producer. I still wouldnt switch back for fear of hearing his self righteous horse sh*t.

The Dempsey show could do with some changes too. I only hear bits of it now but I find that Rosenstock is running on empty. I find alot of the sketches stale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

I think every radio show gets stale after a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Jenny Kellys Tits again is the topic of the day.

Deedsie wrote: »
    Jenny Kellys Tits again is the topic of the day.

Ray's obviously heading in the same direction as that idiot on 2FM who used to apparently go on and on about Mrs Ryan.....

Sad thing is that Ray would be worse, considering she's right there in studio and joining in...

While Today still beats the pants off most of the others, its standards are definitely slipping, with TRDS and Gift Grub both shadows of their heyday....

Guess it happens.....it's the reason Cheers, Frasier, Friends, etc were all wound up....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

jor el wrote: »
    I was in the car yesterday, and caught the tail end of that bit. How can someone who has been doing this (time changes) for over 40 years still be confused by it? How does anyone think they will gain an hour when the clock goes forward?

It makes the mind boggle, especially all the idiots texting in. They have the necessary intelligence to operate a mobile phone, but not the cop on the realise that when the time goes from 1:59AM, to 3AM, that you've lost the entire hour between 2AM and 3AM, and not gained an hour :rolleyes: Why they were even entertaining this rubbish is beyond me.

yeah they basically had the same discussion in october when the clocks went back it annoyed the hell outta me when they kept going on about it! its not that difficult to understand like!:mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement