Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

Ray : "So you've written a book about Mullingar"

Man: "No."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭nc6000

He has just said to a woman whose husband died and was an organ donor that "they cut him up and gave him away"

Unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

nc6000 wrote: »
    He has just said to a woman whose husband died and was an organ donor that "they cut him up and gave him away"

Unbelievable.

Did he actually say that??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭nc6000

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Did he actually say that??

Yes he actually just said that. It was about 10 minutes ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Unbelievable.

Heard that too, what a ghastly way to word such a sensitive subject. That's straight out of Alan partridge! The man is clueless

• Advertisement

Just when you think he cant get any worse, the man is a worse clown than I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,589 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I've heard it all now. Did he apologise in any way?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Surely a complaint could be made about that? That's disgraceful.

Surely a complaint could be made about that? That's disgraceful.

I'm going to call Joe Duffy later:D

PJ Gallagher..........again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭mr bungle.

PJ Gallagher..........again?

Well in fairness it must have been a week or two since pj was last on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Unbelievable.
    Heard that too, what a ghastly way to word such a sensitive subject. That's straight out of Alan partridge! The man is clueless
    Just when you think he cant get any worse, the man is a worse clown than I thought.
    NIMAN wrote: »
    I've heard it all now. Did he apologise in any way?

What was actually said was, RAY: "your Husband always said 'just cut me up and give me away' [as he was an advocate of Organ Donor cards], WOMAN: <laughs> "yeah, that's what he used to say", RAY: "And that's what they did, cut him up and gave him away...", WOMAN: "Yes..."

Now Ray said it with a bit too much of a jovial tone for my liking the second time, but the woman had laughed previously when he mentioned it and didn't seem to have an issue. It was something her deceased husband used to say himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

What was actually said was, RAY: "your Husband always said 'just cut me up and give me away' [as he was an advocate of Organ Donor cards], WOMAN: <laughs> "yeah, that's what he used to say", RAY: "And that's what they did, cut him up and gave him away...", WOMAN: "Yes..."

Now Ray said it with a bit too much of a jovial tone for my liking the second time, but the woman had laughed previously when he mentioned it and didn't seem to have an issue. It was something her deceased husband used to say himself.
    This is the context it was said in! Much different too how the OP tried too make it seem!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

MrMac84 wrote: »
    This is the context it was said in! Much different too how the OP tried too make it seem!

True enough if that's the way it happened, no harm in bringing a bit of levity to the situation if the guest brought it up first, we can be very quick to get on our high horses on this thread.

I really enjoyed the few minutes of PJ Gallagher that I heard today to be honest, Bray to Belmullet on a BMX sounds mental.

True enough if that's the way it happened, no harm in bringing a bit of levity to the situation if the guest brought it up first, we can be very quick to get on our high horses on this thread.

I really enjoyed the few minutes of PJ Gallagher that I heard today to be honest, Bray to Belmullet on a BMX sounds mental.

In that case, I withdraw what I said earlier ( still reckon repeating what the woman said was not the smartest thing to do)

Remember, PJ only wanted to go to Galway....RD said that was not cycling across Ireland, you have to go to Belmullet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

In that case, I withdraw what I said earlier ( still reckon repeating what the woman said was not the smartest thing to do)

Remember, PJ only wanted to go to Galway....RD said that was not cycling across Ireland, you have to go to Belmullet.

I felt sorry for PJ and his buddy sitting outside(not sure if they spoke to him for a finish), D'arcy was acting the prick there to be honest, it's east to west on a BMX FFS, it's not a lash off the Guinness book of records or anything, as well as that neither Bray nor Belmullet are the eastern or westernmost points in Ireland. (Here I am getting on my high horse even after what I wrote about ten minutes ago:o)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,015 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

They should surely be cycling to Slea Head if they want to go to the most western point in Ireland.

Although on second thoughts, its PJ Gallagher so keep him out of Kerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Great Dathi in for a chat with Ray about babies, the show is sooo very tired at this stage. Seriously how can they be so oblivious to how stale and repetitive they have become.

After the last JNLR figures were released surely they must have discussed how to freshen things up!! The only change I have heard is the odd one out quiz has made way to shoe horn in more baby and running talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Duggie2012

donnacha o'callaghan must be due another call.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭sonic85

This show is beyond sh! t

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Just turned on there after 11...with ann Doyle he asked if she was in the nip under the desk while reading the news, got her to say sexual and asked her if she got a package from willy, reading a text asking her would she be "UP" for it. Is that what the show has become? It all sounded very seedy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 36 D Weasel

LowOdour wrote: »
    Just turned on there after 11...with ann Doyle he asked if she was in the nip under the desk while reading the news, got her to say sexual and asked her if she got a package from willy, reading a text asking her would she be "UP" for it. Is that what the show has become? It all sounded very seedy

Would say sex at ray's home is non existant hence the dirty old man syndrome

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

Da fuk, today is nothing but a 2 hour advert for Newbridge

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

He always gets Anne Doyle to say sexual.
    Its Rays' little erection section .

Glad I changed that dial before it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Dathi the minute I heard he was on, the radio station was changed.. can just imagine the constant baby talk between Irelands only 2 dads......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Vorenus400

Did anyone hear Mairead on this morning talking about the wrestling she went to over the weekend. She said a lot of the wrestlers were chubby and had muffin tops. It sounded mean and kind of petty. I know she didnt want to be there as she was just bringing the son to the event but I cant imagine her saying that about a woman or any Irish celebrity

Vorenus400 wrote: »
    Did anyone hear Mairead on this morning talking about the wrestling she went to over the weekend. She said a lot of the wrestlers were chubby and had muffin tops. It sounded mean and kind of petty. I know she didnt want to be there as she was just bringing the son to the event but I cant imagine her saying that about a woman or any Irish celebrity
    I like the little jab "I go too the gym more them" she'll disapear up her own arse soon enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭HooohRaaah

Mairead tweeted last night that the wrestlers sweat was fake. Absolutely ridiculous comment to make. Fair enough everyone knows it's predetermined (WWE admit that themselves) but when they're picked up and thrown down on the mat there's no way to fake gravity. The sweat certainly isn't fake. :rolleyes:

Mairead commenting on the "muffin tops". Here's a few that appeared in the o2 last night that she was probably referring to. She was probably jealous seeing them.

bellat.png

RAW_1051_Photo_057.jpg

Let's not be too harsh on Mairead I mean she must be in the know, she told Ray that Sheamus's real name was Stephen so she must be double wide ha ha!! Ha ha!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

MrMac84 wrote: »
    I like the little jab "I go too the gym more them" she'll disapear up her own arse soon enough!

That happened years ago!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement