Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bootsy.

I had to turn it off today, spending the entire show speculating and gossiping about Kanye West/Kim Kardashian, who gives a ****e, it's absolutely pathetic

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

Bootsy. wrote: »
    I had to turn it off today, spending the entire show speculating and gossiping about Kanye West/Kim Kardashian, who gives a ****e, it's absolutely pathetic

Getting a bit on my nerves too, I really could't give less of a rats ass about where either of them are!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

Just turned it off myself, the Kimye stuff was bad enough but the last straw was the love letter to Ray. Why you would read that out loud I cannot understand. Listening to my instrumental music playlist on Spotify and having a much better morning now!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,009 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Bootsy. wrote: »
    i'm not into that music at all, but i read something Rick Rublin said about kanye's last album and i had a listen.....it was f**ing mind blowing...i found it more akin with the original DIY norwegian black metal that with current trends, I just found a little more raw then stuff you would associate with mainstream music.

anyway....taking on board what i just said, how on earth does kanye find the time for all this celeb sh1t....

• Subscribers Posts: 41,586 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

ivytwine wrote: »
    Just turned it off myself, the Kimye stuff was bad enough but the last straw was the love letter to Ray. Why you would read that out loud I cannot understand. Listening to my instrumental music playlist on Spotify and having a much better morning now!

pink floyds "marooned" better be on that ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

My wife told me yesterday that Kimye are honeymooning in Cork, my solicitor has started divorce proceedings this morning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

sydthebeat wrote: »
    pink floyds "marooned" better be on that ;)
    It is now! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 41 Mr Steak

Ray Farcey the doctor now !

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭PIORUN

Egg Yoke and fish, good god shut up Ray...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,014 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Oh jesus, Jenny is announcing she is leaving the show and almost in tears. Ray voice is whimpering too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

BPKS wrote: »
    Oh jesus, Jenny is announcing she is leaving the show and almost in tears. Ray voice is whimpering too.

Wheres she going? The job I'm on has prenderville on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

I know the general trend here is to criticise every aspect of the show, some or it warranted. However, she'll be missed. She's great craic and really takes the mick out of mr opinionated himself. He's actually getting gradually worse but the competition ain't great either

• Registered Users Posts: 17,014 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

I wouldn't say Jenny is great craic. Yes she does occasionally take the pee out of D'arcy but remember she is also a producer on the show and is responsible for the food segments/same comedian segments/running segments/no sugar segments/blind date segment and last but not least, handing D'arcy the texts to read out of people in tears dancing around the kitchen.

A new producer who isn't married to the presenter might shake things up a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭redbuck

In fairness she doesn't be in that much it's hardly going to change the dynamic of the show that much with her departure.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

I wouldn't say Jenny is great craic. Yes she does occasionally take the pee out of D'arcy but remember she is also a producer on the show and is responsible for the food segments/same comedian segments/running segments/no sugar segments/blind date segment and last but not least, handing D'arcy the texts to read out of people in tears dancing around the kitchen.

A new producer who isn't married to the presenter might shake things up a bit.

Mairead and Will are also producers so don't expect any change to that usual muck

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭masalbeagdubh

Maybe there is a bit of spin being put on this story by the Darcys. She wants to spend more time with the kids but aren`t one of the kids at school the other is two and will be school age soon enough. Ray and Jenny only work till one or two each day so not like normal people working until 5 or 6 o clock each day. I think its more likely the suits in Today FM want to shake things up and Jenny would rather leave than accept the changes they suggested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Maybe there is a bit of spin being put on this story by the Darcys. She wants to spend more time with the kids but aren`t one of the kids at school the other is two and will be school age soon enough. Ray and Jenny only work till one or two each day so not like normal people working until 5 or 6 o clock each day. I think its more likely the suits in Today FM want to shake things up and Jenny would rather leave than accept the changes they suggested.

How do you know they only work until 1 or 2? As far as I know they have meetings and plan the following days show etc and don't finish that early

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Duggie2012

why dosen't ray and jenny just broadcast from there own house, talk about a cosy set up. give me a break, and stop reading all those txts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Horse84

Nail on head there I said the same to the lads at work here when someone said it. They're just trying to put a spin on it now and she left before she was pushed. That show is a fast sinking ship

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Synode wrote: »
    How do you know they only work until 1 or 2? As far as I know they have meetings and plan the following days show etc and don't finish that early

If this is planned I'd hate to see him do unplanned!! Currently discussing how he's not happy with his glasses after an hour of listening to him whimpering during texts about his wife leaving his workplace

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

RD: "I mean you are an optician, not a stylist.."
    Specsavers woman "Yes,I am a styist, we are all trained stylists"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭Heckler

That one from specsavers has the most godawful annoying accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Joe Duffy..

Couldn't be as bad as Kellys accent, grating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Maybe there is a bit of spin being put on this story by the Darcys. She wants to spend more time with the kids but aren`t one of the kids at school the other is two and will be school age soon enough.

maybe the third is on the way and thats why she's leaving :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

hoodwinked wrote: »
    maybe the third is on the way and thats why she's leaving :D

Is she constipated?

Couldn't be as bad as Kellys accent, grating.

Not as bad as the north side Dublin accent she adopts when she describes something nasty.

Good riddance to the stuck up snob

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭HooohRaaah

Not as bad as the north side Dublin accent she adopts when she describes something nasty.

Good riddance to the stuck up snob

Is that northside accent she does the same as the accent generally found in South Dublin areas like Tallaght, Drimnagh, Dolphins Barn, Fatima Mansions, Clondalkin etc or is it more northside like Clontarf, Glasnevin, Howth, Malahide and Sutton?

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Nialloooo

Does anyone know who sings the song played on the show today your going to miss me when your gone?? Class and didnt here ray announce the band

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭denishurley

Nialloooo wrote: »
    Does anyone know who sings the song played on the show today your going to miss me when your gone?? Class and didnt here ray announce the band

Is it the Cup Song?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

"Guess the models legs that are in my head"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement