Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭dcrosskid

Horse84 wrote: »
    Nail on head there I said the same to the lads at work here when someone said it. They're just trying to put a spin on it now and she left before she was pushed. That show is a fast sinking ship

This thread is practically testament that it is far from a sinking ship, its 7 years old now and has the ratings really differed that much? Haven't much time for the show but id listen to him before Tubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

dcrosskid wrote: »
    This thread is practically testament that it is far from a sinking ship, its 7 years old now and has the ratings really differed that much? Haven't much time for the show but id listen to him before Tubs.

only 7?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    "Guess the models legs that are in my head"

I had to ask someone if that's what I had heard. How do they get away with crap like that. Whose legs were they by the way? I stopped listening.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

statto25 wrote: »
    I had to ask someone if that's what I had heard. How do they get away with crap like that. Whose legs were they by the way? I stopped listening.

I dunno, I kind of zoned out. It sounded like a contest a twelve year old would come up with......bit pervy too.

Yesterday he was talking to some model and she said she was "Obsessed with Miwadi" Ray jumps in with "yer obsessed with yer body?" I got the impression she was a tad uncomfortable after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭denishurley

Even the promo at the moment features Jenny saying to Ray, "You had that little thing out last night," and both of them gigging incessantly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Trebor176

Well, the big news is that Jenny has decided to call it quits after 14 years to focus on being a full-time mother:
    http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/tv-radio/jenny-kelly-quits-radio-show-with-hubby-ray-darcy-to-focus-on-family-30311473.html

When I read the headline, it sounded like both were quitting, but I can't see Ray hanging up his headphones for another while yet.

EDIT: I just noticed it was announced a couple of pages back. Apologies! But, there's no harm linking an article, I suppose :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Trebor176 wrote: »
    Well, the big news is that Jenny has decided to call it quits after 14 years to focus on being a full-time mother:
    http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/tv-radio/jenny-kelly-quits-radio-show-with-hubby-ray-darcy-to-focus-on-family-30311473.html

When I read the headline, it sounded like both were quitting, but I can't see Ray hanging up his headphones for another while yet.

EDIT: I just noticed it was announced a couple of pages back. Apologies! But, there's no harm linking an article, I suppose :)

Yes, she announced it a few days ago and poor Ray started crying. He's only going to be away from her for a few hours ffs !!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Synode wrote: »
    How do you know they only work until 1 or 2? As far as I know they have meetings and plan the following days show etc and don't finish that early

The show has more or less the same format every day/week. Those meetings would rarely last more than 15 minutes as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭HooohRaaah

The below has to be read in Ray's voice.

Ray - sigh "Ok, now time for our daily meeting. That was a great show we just did there. Well done Will. You made up some great text messages to be there about the woman who was in a wheelchair but got up dancing to a song i played."

Mairead - "Sorry Ray but i've to go to the gym because i'm a celebrity like and i've to stay in shape"

Ray - "Ok so, go on and do a bit of running. I have Jenny out running 5 nights a week. Right Jenny, Will, Pam and Siobhan or Sinead, whatever you name is. Tomorrows show. Pam, Can you get the newspapers on the way in tomorrow? I'll read them at the start of the show and preach to the people. We'll have a quiz throughout the show for a hamper of Denny's sausages. I'll also give Tommy Tiernan and my friends Gordon D'Arcy and Brian O'Driscoll a text for interviews tomorrow. I'll tell them how they're heroes to every man woman and child in the country. Jenny.. Can you sort out a woman who has breast fed her child aged 12? Between all that I'll talk about running as it's so important for the nation. We might get you to do your hilarious Cookie Monster impression too Will. Right that's everything sorted for tomorrow. I'm off to run home"

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

This Jenny leaving the show thing is rather tedious.

Without wanting to be bitchy, it must be lovely to be able to take some time out when your partner earns a decent amount of money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

Switched over to Pat Kenny

Christ things are bad

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Backwards running.... Yeah, I'm out.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

lambayire wrote: »

Without wanting to be bitchy, it must be lovely to be able to take some time out when your partner earns a decent amount of money.

I was thinking the same thing when I heard her talking about it the other day. I was half listening, but I heard her say that it was such a difficult decision that she'd wrestled with for a long time. FFS! As you've said, it's not as if they're a pair of struggling thirty-somethings battling to pay the mortgage and credit card bills. Sure she had a ridiculously long maternity leave anyway.

That_Guy wrote: »
    Backwards running.... Yeah, I'm out.

Think he's a poster here.. ..

The Backwards Man.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

lambayire wrote: »

In fairness to her, she did say she was very lucky to be able to do it and that she was aware that a lot of people were not fortunate enough to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

JM Skipton wrote: »
    In fairness to her, she did say she was very lucky to be able to do it and that she was aware that a lot of people were not fortunate enough to do it.

Ah, I must have missed that. That's fair enough for her to admit that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Real shame to hear Jenny is leaving.

I always thought she brought out the best in Ray. They have real chemistry on air and Ray seems to be more fun when she's around.

The show will be worse for her loss IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Real shame to hear Jenny is leaving.

I always thought she brought out the best in Ray. They have real chemistry on air and Ray seems to be more fun when she's around.

The show will be worse for her loss IMO.

I think the opposite, their banter is annoying. We don't need that kind of chemistry

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Joe Duffy..

Another texter bopping around the kitchen this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Another texter bopping around the kitchen this morning.

that was me :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Mr Probz - Waves playing straight across the adds a good 2 minutes now and no one has copped it. Amatuer!

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭reg114

Another cock up !! seriously with all the staff Ray has working on his show you would think between them there might be a day when he doesnt press the wrong button, for someone who has been in radio for so long its really unnacceptable. Honestly, Ray should tighten up what he's doing and focus on the job in hand, sometimes i think having jenny , pamela, will and mairead all there is just a distraction to him and adds to his chaos. Surely Ray needs a single producer and thats it, a team of two should be able to do that show ? no ?

Superb interview with the creator of the mobile phone. Top notch and well informed!

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Superb interview with the creator of the mobile phone. Top notch and well informed!

Yes, it was a very good interview,but fell down with the texts. All were about his sexy voice and Ray asking him to say , In A World.ffs. Only one intelligent one about the mast passed his producers. The man changed the face of communications on this earth and I don't know what height he is .

Yes, it was a very good interview,but fell down with the texts. All were about his sexy voice and Ray asking him to say , In A World.ffs. Only one intelligent one about the mast passed his producers. The man changed the face of communications on this earth and I don't know what height he is .
    I agree. The texts were poor I just wonder if Will was there would they have been different. Jenny and Mairaid couldn't give a monkeys about him I reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭murty01

Nialloooo wrote: »
    Does anyone know who sings the song played on the show today your going to miss me when your gone?? Class and didnt here ray announce the band

Riptide Movement--- Keep on Keepin On

murty01 wrote: »
    Riptide Movement--- Keep on Keepin On

Great song but the "I'm going too miss you when your gone bit" is allways going too remind me of Jenny!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

why the feck is that gob****e on the radio on a saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭6781

neris wrote: »
    why the feck is that gob****e on the radio on a saturday.
    To ruin your weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Great song but the "I'm going too miss you when your gone bit" is allways going too remind me of Jenny!!

Dont forget to pull over now when you get overcome with emotion every time he plays it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement