Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭redbuck

They have to be trolling us with the ballin' in the kitchen texts now.

redbuck wrote: »
    They have to be trolling us with the ballin' in the kitchen texts now.

so sickening.... so predictable :mad:

there are more things in life to be "bawling" about - its a song (yes a beautiful one that brings back memories) but its a song FFS!

(I simply cannot get over Ray D'arcy's immaturity these days and constant giggling - he's almost 50 )

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭redbuck

so sickening.... so predictable :mad:

there are more things in life to be "bawling" about - its a song (yes a beautiful one that brings back memories) but its a song FFS!

(I simply cannot get over Ray D'arcy's immaturity these days and constant giggling - he's almost 50 )

He even managed to get in the dancing around with the 4 year old kid in too.

Giggling galore here a bunch of middle aged people laughing at the humour of a 13 year old.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Did anyone else catch the piece on Saturday with Eleanor Tiernan(?) In my opinion it was totally inappropriate, it was about midday and the language was fairly strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

At this stage they should just give Ray a microphone, let him run to a creche while telling us how it's so healthy and we should be doing the same, then just let him sit there telling mother's how to breast feed and change nappies but do it his way because obviously that's the only right way!! That've basically what this show has become.

Totally devoid of ideas.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭6781

First time hearing the show show in a while today. Maybe I'm a cnut but I couldn't care less about other peoples babies and children and then reading out about a billion and one texts about how many children random people have. The show is so boring

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Duggie2012

At this stage they should just give Ray a microphone, let him run to a creche while telling us how it's so healthy and we should be doing the same, then just let him sit there telling mother's how to breast feed and change nappies but do it his way because obviously that's the only right way!! That've basically what this show has become.

Totally devoid of ideas.

don't forget to play one song relentlessly...is it still paulo nutini or has he moved on to another victim??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Sweet jesus....another quiz!!!

"Guess what fish is in me head?"

"Is it a smoked haddock?"

Is this the best the "team" can come up with?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,014 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

6781 wrote: »
    First time hearing the show show in a while today. Maybe I'm a cnut but I couldn't care less about other peoples babies and children and then reading out about a billion and one texts about how many children random people have. The show is so boring

What amazed me about that segment was that people other than Ray & Jenny actually have children. I thought they were the only people in the country with kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

I'm a fan of the show, but that 'Guess what ... I'm thinking of' thing is just ridiculous. It's obvious Mairead and Jenny don't like it either. Why does Ray keep doing it? :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

I'm a fan of the show, but that 'Guess what ... I'm thinking of' thing is just ridiculous. It's obvious Mairead and Jenny don't like it either. Why does Ray keep doing it? :(

Its like something from Father Ted............we could get a "Lovely Girls" competition one of these days:D

Because of his huge ego, it's ridiculous almost like something you'd hear at a children's party.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Had to change to another station today... Sick of him constantly talking about kids.... If 2fm got a proper morning show going then I think today fms morning show would be in trouble....... same old **** day after day........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Dunphy & Giles were great there

Catholic church in this country, government in this country, health services in this country, education in this country ,school tours in this country!! All on Rays moaning list, if he's so disillusioned with the country why doesn't he just leave it like he promised he would three years ago the preachy git . It'd certainly go someway to improving it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Catholic church in this country, government in this country, health services in this country, education in this country ,school tours in this country!! All on Rays moaning list, if he's so disillusioned with the country why doesn't he just leave it like he promised he would three years ago the preachy git . It'd certainly go someway to improving it.

I'll give you at least 200,000 reasons why not!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,589 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Catholic church in this country, government in this country, health services in this country, education in this country ,school tours in this country!!

HE left out the quality of radio in this country:P

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I'll give you at least 200,000 reasons why not!

You think the reason he's staying is his listeners? I could actually hear that conversation in his house.

Jenny, Kate Tom, get off the thread mills for a minute, I just need to put this salmon encroute with a creamy dill sauce in the oven and we'll have to talk. Look I know three years ago I promised we could leave this country and it's uneducated, overweight, God fearing population behind us, but, I can't do it to my listeners! They wouldn't survive without me, who would teach them how to keep their children alive ? Without me they'd be reduced to Curry eating obese slobs within a matter of weeks.

I know our sacrifice is great but for now we must be strong for my listeners. Someday we may actually leave but for now at least we have our Paulo Nutini collection and running shoes!!

Where the hell is that smoke coming from?? Oh sh!t the salmon!!! Stop stop eject.

Aaaah I dunno lads...

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭masalbeagdubh

I think the 200,000 was referring to his salary but I`d say he earns more than that.

I think the 200,000 was referring to his salary but I`d say he earns more than that.

That probably makes more sense now that ya say it ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Yup. I was talking about the $$$$

I doubt he earns more than that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

You think the reason he's staying is his listeners? I could actually hear that conversation in his house.

Jenny, Kate Tom, get off the thread mills for a minute, I just need to put this salmon encroute with a creamy dill sauce in the oven and we'll have to talk. Look I know three years ago I promised we could leave this country and it's uneducated, overweight, God fearing population behind us, but, I can't do it to my listeners! They wouldn't survive without me, who would teach them how to keep their children alive ? Without me they'd be reduced to Curry eating obese slobs within a matter of weeks.

I know our sacrifice is great but for now we must be strong for my listeners. Someday we may actually leave but for now at least we have our Paulo Nutini collection and running shoes!!

Where the hell is that smoke coming from?? Oh sh!t the salmon!!! Stop stop eject.

Aaaah I dunno lads...

I'm not sure if the dill sauce will work with the poached egg on top:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭buster180

I'm not sure if the dill sauce will work with the poached egg on top:pac:

Text Ray and ask ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

feck sake even alison curtis has listeners on a saturday morning who dance around the kitchen with their kids

Edit: Shes becoming the Saturday Ray Darcy. Lots of talk an mention of kids and every second request is for kids or someone having babies. time to find a new station for saturday mornings

When was the pole reopened?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Vorenus400

Oh God, Ray is currently gushing and fanboying over Cian Healy. Cian isnt saying alot but seems nice. He did a bit of DJing in his time.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭PIORUN

awful awful interview with Cian Healy...giving nothing away and Raymond fawning over him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

I think the poll should include an option for dancing around the kitchen, and truckers crying ;)
    I never hear Ray, thankfully, but I love reading the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,014 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

There should be a new poll.

Who is the bigger rugby groupie?

Ray
    Mairead

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,586 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

awful interview with cian healy

hes a very interesting character..... but ray came over as condescending (not knowing the model number of his decks?? FFS Ray). Also, who cares how many calories a rugby player eats... anyone with half an interest know professional athletes eat more to sustain their lifestyles.

No question as to who he respects as an opposition prop, no question as to the "dark arts" that happen in a scrum.
    no question as to his 3 heineken cup medals. no question as to dj'ing 2 sets at Oxygen.
    no question as to the heart ache of injury causing the end of his lions tour.
    no question as to the biting allegations on the tour....

disappointing, cant even call if a fanboy interview... more like a wikipedia interview

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement