Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭HooohRaaah

How come Ray & Mairead constantly fawn over rugby players? Ray comes across like a 10 year old around a member of One Direction when he interviews a rugby player. Mairead probably never watched a rugby match before 2009. It's now fashionable to gush over the "rugby heroes"

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

They seemed totally un-prepared for the Cian Healy interview.
    It was as if it was a last minute arrangement.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Duggie2012

was donnacha not available this morning..................

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

I am not sure how many times the show has jumped the shark now, but the insightful question about which rugby players have dogs was a highlight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭TBP

sydthebeat wrote: »
    awful interview with cian healy

hes a very interesting character..... but ray came over as condescending (not knowing the model number of his decks?? FFS Ray). Also, who cares how many calories a rugby player eats... anyone with half an interest know professional athletes eat more to sustain their lifestyles.

No question as to who he respects as an opposition prop, no question as to the "dark arts" that happen in a scrum.
    no question as to his 3 heineken cup medals. no question as to dj'ing 2 sets at Oxygen.
    no question as to the heart ache of injury causing the end of his lions tour.
    no question as to the biting allegations on the tour....

disappointing, cant even call if a fanboy interview... more like a wikipedia interview

I bet he knew where the stop and eject buttons were though.

Terrible interview and a terrible radio presenter. It's time for him to hit the road now and play house full time with his little ankle biters. The games up...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

I'll wager a few quid that Ray will be getting on the auld high horse about the David McSavage religious sketch that has been banned by RTE

I cant believe it - its 9.40am and they have Jenny out in the house of someone who has triplets!! She's talking about the soft toys all over the floor! I mean this kind of stuff is broadcast on almost a daily basis - Jenny "thought people who love to know" what a house with triplets is like? Eh.... NO I dont. I'm a 51 year old - 18 months older than Ray - but I have a 28 year old and a 22 year old - both who emigrated in the last month - Canada and Dubai. We're not all middle aged parents of babies - we dont all want to listen to baby talk every day. Grow up Ray!!!!!
    There are so many other topics to talk about - this show has no imagination anymore.

Thank God I start a new job tomorrow (with no radio at work !) - but for this morning its back to Newstalk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

I cant believe it - its 9.40am and they have Jenny out in the house of someone who has triplets!! She's talking about the soft toys all over the floor! I mean this kind of stuff is broadcast on almost a daily basis - Jenny "thought people who love to know" what a house with triplets is like? Eh.... NO I dont. I'm a 51 year old - 18 months older than Ray - but I have a 28 year old and a 22 year old - both who emigrated in the last month - Canada and Dubai. We're not all middle aged parents of babies - we dont all want to listen to baby talk every day. Grow up Ray!!!!!
    There are so many other topics to talk about - this show has no imagination anymore.

Thank God I start a new job tomorrow (with no radio at work !) - but for this morning its back to Newstalk.

My sentiments exactly. Bet Ray is raging he's not stuck in the middle of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

20 mins of some guy talking about his little mickey, and now back to the woman with triplets.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    20 mins of some guy talking about his little mickey, and now back to the woman with triplets.
    i dont listen to darcy anymore, but seen this and couldnt believe it, i turned in. jenny was shouting, this baby made a poo, the mother said, no it hasnt come out now. then jenny said when she came in, she put her nose to the babys ass to smell it.
    now he has some looney on talking about how relaxing the world cup is. the guy is of his face, ray is just laughing away.

im not lieing, im actually alot more angry now after 5mins of the ray darcy show. never ever again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Good luck with the new job Maggie!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,014 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Just tuned into it now after having a look at this thread, Jenny is currently looking into a press in a woman's house.

17 packets of baby wipes.

25 packets of nappies.

OMG. OMG. (With her best drama voice.)

Now talking to crying babies. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Jesus, seriously? Back to Spotify again.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,009 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Enjoyed very much what the writers of damo and ivor had to say about Rik Mayall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭popolive

D'Arcy: I'd emigrate if Kenny was Taoiseach

Darcy doesn't keep his word.

herald.ie/entertainment/around-town/darcy-id-emigrate-if-kenny-was-taoiseach-27942078.html

I have been waiting and waiting and waiting. I am still waiting.

[boards disallows new users like me from posting links properly]

• Registered Users Posts: 17,014 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Enjoyed very much what the writers of damo and ivor had to say about Rik Mayall.

Feck it, I'd like to have heard that interview.

That's the conundrum, listen to 3 hours of D'arcy for the signs, the celebrity chefs, the rugby players, the comedians, the running, the obesity, the sugar, Kate, Tom and Jenny, the playing of wrong songs, promos & ad breaks, did I mention the running and then get maybe one decent 20 minute slot a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

i dont listen anymore but from reading on here its sounds like the show is getting worse and rays personal interests and agendas are driving the whole show.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

neris wrote: »
    i dont listen anymore but from reading on here its sounds like the show is getting worse and rays personal interests and agendas are driving the whole show.

Just like the Live Line :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Just like the Live Line :eek:

Nah had to go back to joe

Good luck with the new job Maggie!!

thanks Michael - I'll still keep an eye on this thread (for a laugh!) ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

neris wrote: »
    Nah had to go back to joe

Jesus Ray Farcy MUST be bad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

BPKS wrote: »
    Just tuned into it now after having a look at this thread, Jenny is currently looking into a press in a woman's house.

17 packets of baby wipes.

25 packets of nappies.

OMG. OMG. (With her best drama voice.)

Now talking to crying babies. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Jesus, seriously? Back to Spotify again.

Spotify must be getting hella traffic in Ireland mid-morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭reg114

ivytwine wrote: »

That segment where they sent Jenny out to a listener who had triplets was fairly pointless. You've got 3 of them? What's that you're run off your feet love? It had no context and wasn't insightful and was dragged out over the course of the 3 hours. I thought Jenny was leaving the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

ivytwine wrote: »

Well this morning was particularly bad, when the triplets thing came on I just had to switch over so I tried the Pat Kenny Show where David McWilliams was interviewing June Rodgers. Incredibly this was even more annoying than the triplets topic so I decided I would try The Sean O'Rourke show where Marie Louise O'Donnell was on, incredibly this even exceeded the painfulness that is June Rodgers. It was like they were competing to see who has the s*itest radio show. Now any of the above would annoy the pope but to have them all on at exactly the same time truly was remarkable.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭petronius

I have long since moved away from listening to TodayFM in the mid morning - Ray he was ok on the Den (showing my age) but his time/and style of show, has long past - much better to listen to SOR or PK or even dare i say RT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭6781

The worst thing about that horsesh1te segment about the children was that geebag Darcy came out and said "I quite enjoyed that bit" when it was over.

The last thing I wanted to hear at work was some random persons crying kids over the speakers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Horse84

6781 wrote: »
    The worst thing about that horsesh1te segment about the children was that geebag Darcy came out and said "I quite enjoyed that bit" when it was over.

The last thing I wanted to hear at work was some random persons crying kids over the speakers.

I caught the very end of it, and if u listen closely he actually added "....we don't do enough of that...." Listen back and see.
    The man and the show itself at his stage has become so non self aware it is a complete and utter joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Joe Duffy..

Wonder were they dancing around the kitchen with the triplets?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

JM Skipton wrote: »
    Well this morning was particularly bad, when the triplets thing came on I just had to switch over so I tried the Pat Kenny Show where David McWilliams was interviewing June Rodgers. Incredibly this was even more annoying than the triplets topic so I decided I would try The Sean O'Rourke show where Marie Louise O'Donnell was on, incredibly this even exceeded the painfulness that is June Rodgers. It was like they were competing to see who has the s*itest radio show. Now any of the above would annoy the pope but to have them all on at exactly the same time truly was remarkable.

I was the very same - I ended up turning off the radio in despair.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,009 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

last time i heard june rogers on the radio she was telling a joke about "slanty eyes"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

More relationship bullsh!t and more Ray sounding pervy , also it's so annoying the way he brings people into studio to discuss their opinion on certain topics and then spends the time saying "in my opinion or from what I've heard ". Wish he'd shut up and let people just talk and stop trying to make everything about himself

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement