Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

RachaelVO wrote: »
    From all the different regions of the UK as far as I remember, kinda youth clubs from all their different regions.

WHY DON'T YOU was the name of it :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Ray slagging off someone this morning for sending in a letter to the Irish Time's about some trivial issue ( something to do with chocolate ) was a bit rich, sure 90% of his show is made up of the same stuff.

gazzer wrote: »
    WHY DON'T YOU was the name of it :D

Ant and Dec were little kiddies on that show!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭popolive

Dub13 wrote: »
    Ray slagging off someone this morning for sending in a letter to the Irish Time's about some trivial issue ( something to do with chocolate ) was a bit rich, sure 90% of his show is made up of the same stuff.

when is that balloon going to pack his bags and emigrate like he promised ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Had to laugh at Ray talking about Eamonn Dunphy and his promise to wear a dress if England qualify for the quarter finals of the World Cup. He was all giddy about it. He would be very one moaning if he chickened out of it. Not a thought about his whole "leaving the country if Enda Kenny becomes Taoiseach.

Then he spoke about Rik Mayall and how it is suspected that he died of a heard attack just after going for a run. Im surprised he even mentioned it considering how zealous he is that people must run the equivalent of a marathon every day :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭shanec1928

when will he get the boot. stale like the rest of today fm's line up

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

shanec1928 wrote: »
    when will he get the boot. stale like the rest of today fm's line up

When his figures stop being impressive.

He's been on a downward trend the past few books, but the figures are still over 200k.

Don't expect any movement until those figures dip into the 100K's.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Depression issues all day yesterday, obesity, diet and exercise today, will he complete the Trinity by doing a baby related day tomorrow!! Riveting stuff as usual

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Depression issues all day yesterday, obesity, diet and exercise today, will he complete the Trinity by doing a baby related day tomorrow!! Riveting stuff as usual

Just stop listening to him then!

Just stop listening to him then!

How has nobody thought of that before ???

• Advertisement

How has nobody thought of that before ???

And yet you're still on here constantly complaining about him. I think you must hate yourself as much as you do D'arcy…

And yet you're still on here constantly complaining about him. I think you must hate yourself as much as you do D'arcy…

Interesting diagnosis, did you get your psychology degree from the same college as Dr Ray?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Baby girl born and Ray cries....Happy now Michael. Sorry think her name is Afrig, only mentioned 50 times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Interesting diagnosis, did you get your psychology degree from the same college as Dr Ray?

Every post you've made in the last 5 months on boards has been in this thread. D'Arcey must have taken a gig off of you or beat ya in a race or something for you too be this petty, get over your self and stop listening too him.

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Every post you've made in the last 5 months on boards has been in this thread. D'Arcey must have taken a gig off of you or beat ya in a race or something for you too be this petty, get over your self and stop listening too him.

Ha ha sorry I didn't realise this thread is for Ray Darcy fans only, my mistake ;-)

Baby girl born and Ray cries....Happy now Michael. Sorry think her name is Afrig, only mentioned 50 times.

I honestly don't know if you're being serious in thinking they called the kid Afrig…

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

Gosh, I think Ray goes on a bit too, but I never realised a degree from Trinity was a disgrace...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

I honestly don't know if you're being serious in thinking they called the kid Afrig…

I know...the poor kid.

Ha ha sorry I didn't realise this thread is for Ray Darcy fans only, my mistake ;-)

Hardly, it's a circle jerk for the same 4 of 5 people to slap each other on the back and who are, ironically, as monotonous in their moaning about D'Arcy as the man is about sugar and babies.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

It's not, but in fairness they do have a point. Constantly moaning about the same things that the show does is not going to change anything.
    The show is what it is, and this thread is over 7 years old at this stage, so if they haven't changed it in that time they are unlikely to change it any time soon.

• Advertisement

I know...the poor kid.

Was it not Astrid? You're starting to make me doubt my ears…

Was it not Astrid? You're starting to make me doubt my ears…

Afric

BaZmO* wrote: »

Ah seriously… Here's Afric. She's very agreeable…

Ah seriously… Here's Afric. She's very agreeable…

I know someone called Afric so the name doesn't seem odd to me anymore......."Astrid" on the otherhand........

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I know someone called Afric so the name doesn't seem odd to me anymore......."Astrid" on the otherhand........

Ha, I've known a couple of Astrids in my life. They were all Johnny Foreigners, mind. I honestly never heard Afric before. I keep saying it in my head like Mark E. Smith. 'Afric… AH!'

ivytwine wrote: »
    Gosh, I think Ray goes on a bit too, but I never realised a degree from Trinity was a disgrace...

Who said it was?

Who said it was?

Well...you did...

"Interesting diagnosis, did you get your psychology degree from the same college as Dr Ray?"

Sort of implies that there's something wrong with his degree, no?

ivytwine wrote: »
    Well...you did...

"Interesting diagnosis, did you get your psychology degree from the same college as Dr Ray?"

Sort of implies that there's something wrong with his degree, no?

No not at all read it again , more implying that at least Ray has one!

No not at all read it again , more implying that at least Ray has one!

Ahhh ok. Carry on!

• Advertisement

What an absolute ársehole thing to do. He got a lot of stick the other day over giving out a Game of Thrones spoiler. Luckily I was up to speed on it but I thought it was bad form. As a result of the criticism they just gave away a load of spoilers for a lot of TV shows.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement