Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

BaZmO* wrote: »
    What an absolute ársehole thing to do. He got a lot of stick the other day over giving out a Game of Thrones spoiler. Luckily I was up to speed on it but I thought it was bad form. As a result of the criticism they just gave away a load of spoilers for a lot of TV shows.

What next Ray, "Now Tom and Kate, ya know the way at christmas, you get loads of lovely pressies from Santa........Well...'

He's that type of guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

He did say it was Wills idea. And what a stupid fücking idea it was. Absolute crap in fairness. What was the point??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Horse84

What happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

He did say it was Wills idea. And what a stupid fücking idea it was. Absolute crap in fairness. What was the point??

His reasoning behind it was that people should be up to speed with stuff, and he tried to rationalise it by saying that people will be complaining about them giving out sports results next. :rolleyes:

The way people watch tv nowadays is totally different due to the amount of channels and online viewing etc.
    I could understand giving out a spoiler after something big was aired like Love/Hate and then discussing it the next day, but to go out of your way to ruin a load of TV shows for people just for the laugh is a real sh1tty thing to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

They're not gonna hear the end of this!

• Advertisement

They're blaming Will on it, but it's not as if Will read it out. :rolleyes:

They're blaming Will on it, but it's not as if Will read it out. :rolleyes:

True! Where was the quality control from Ray and Mairead!?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

His reasoning behind it was that people should be up to speed with stuff, and he tried to rationalise it by saying that people will be complaining about them giving out sports results next. :rolleyes:

The way people watch tv nowadays is totally different due to the amount of channels and online viewing etc.
    I could understand giving out a spoiler after something big was aired like Love/Hate and then discussing it the next day, but to go out of your way to ruin a load of TV shows for people just for the laugh is a real sh1tty thing to do.

Sure I remember a good few times (back when I used to listen) where he said he had Sky-plussed stuff and wouldn't be watching it until later in the week, so it's not like he doesn't know people do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭crisco10

Ridiculous.

Was listening, heard the spoiler alert and I thought "it's fine, I've seen all of Game of Thrones". Then Ray just kept talking! Luckily I have seen the first 2 or 3 shows he listed and turned it off but what a sh!tty, useless thing to do. I mean what was the point?! It wasn't even good radio; even if you didn't care about the tv shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

Ray may have to adopt a vasectomy approach to all future spoiler correspondence.........the blocking of unwanted material coming into the open

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭Shelflife

What a truely dickhead move !!

Nothing to be gained by it except to piss off alot of people. As a poster said tv is watched in a different way now and alot of people myself included now watch a series in one go, there were alot of good series that i missed and am now watching.

Why would you spoil a series on people. Such a childish selfish thing to do.

What annoyed me was the fact I turned my radio down when they said they were going to do it. Then when I started listening again they were talking about all the angry texts coming in and Will started going on about Breaking Bad again and spoiled it for me. BB is one of the reasons I got Netflix and was planning on binge-watching it all when my new baby is a small bit older and I will have a bit more free time. I had purposely avoided chats with my mates, online articles etc up until today. It really pissed me off, just pure acting the díckhead.

In better news, the LauraLynn House is able to expand and offer new services thanks to the money raised from and around the Half Million, Half Marathon. Well done to all involved!

What annoyed me was the fact I turned my radio down when they said they were going to do it. Then when I started listening again they were talking about all the angry texts coming in and Will started going on about Breaking Bad again and spoiled it for me. BB is one of the reasons I got Netflix and was planning on binge-watching it all when my new baby is a small bit older and I will have a bit more free time. I had purposely avoided chats with my mates, online articles etc up until today. It really pissed me off, just pure acting the díckhead.

Whilst you are green with anger now, all will be forgotten in a few months time when your texting Ray telling how you are dancing round the kitchen with your baby. :D

Will did prove to be a huge stupid muppet on todays show especially when he went on again about Breaking Bad. At least now we know why he cant get a job with all the qualifications he has.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Rookster

The show has stagnated. A new broom needed to sweep away all the deadwood.
    Also, why does'nt Will get a real job.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

What spoiler did he give about breaking bad? What time of the show was it on? Did they spoil any other shows?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Shelflife wrote: »
    What a truely dickhead move !!

Nothing to be gained by it except to piss off alot of people. As a poster said tv is watched in a different way now and alot of people myself included now watch a series in one go, there were alot of good series that i missed and am now watching.

Why would you spoil a series on people. Such a childish selfish thing to do.

buts Ray's an old man who doesnt like change and thinks that coz he watches tv the old fashioned way every one else should be doing it (its like running, having kids and not eating sugar)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Neeson wrote: »
    What spoiler did he give about breaking bad? What time of the show was it on? Did they spoil any other shows?

I think they spoiled EVERY show on tv, including Titanic(SPOILER!!! the ship SINKS) . About the only show they didn't give the ending to was the World Cup:-)

neris wrote: »
    buts Ray's an old man who doesnt like change and thinks that coz he watches tv the old fashioned way every one else should be doing it (its like running, having kids and not eating sugar)

Don't forget having a vasectomy live on air!

Neeson wrote: »

Well it'd be a bit stupid to give out a spoiler here as well.

He just launched into a load of spoilers starting with Breaking Bad, which unfortunately for myself I'm on the last series. Then I heard him saying something about House of Cards and realised what he was doing so I just turned the radio off.

5live wrote: »
    I think they spoiled EVERY show on tv, including Titanic(SPOILER!!! the ship SINKS) . About the only show they didn't give the ending to was the World Cup:-)

Yeah they mentioned Titanic and The Sixth Sense too, as if to make light of it all. Hardly the same giving a spoiler for a film that's years old and a TV show that has just finished recently.

The annoying thing about it all is that Ray thought he was being really funny doing it and then when he got the backlash he tried to distance himself by blaming Will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Don't forget having a vasectomy live on air!

What??

neris wrote: »
    What??

Coming soon! Pun intended.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Coming soon! Pun intended.

Maybe he will get the sac:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Typical Ray D'Arcy of late. Make a valid point, then make an absolute bollox of it by being a complete arrogant c*nt.

His point about people's overreactions to spoilers was valid, and he was right. People should be able to discuss things as they happen, without having to delay their discussion for months while you wade through your back catalogue on Netflix. My stance on spoilers is very simple, give someone a warning, give them a chance to go away, then discuss at will. If something's six months old, no warning necessary, it's the person's own fault and I don't think everyone should have to walk on egg shells indefinitely about something as it kills conversations.

However, what Ray did was just plain spiteful. It wasn't a case of a spoiler inadvertently coming up in conversation, or reading a headline, it was him trying to be edgy.

He spoiled How I Met Your Mother for f*ck sake. AFAIK that finale HASN'T EVEN AIRED IN IRELAND YET.

He's gone down a lot in my estimations today I have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭HooohRaaah

Rookster wrote: »
    Also, why does'nt Will get a real job.

He's a qualified barrister and has decided to have a career making up texts and handing them to Ray along with dressing up as a burger.

will-hanafin-tommy-tiernan-promotes-national-hug_3555149.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,014 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Ian Dempsey just said it is Janny Kally's last day.

I guess the mothers of young children dancing around the kitchen with tears in their eyes will be all devastated today.

I also assume that Tom and Kate will be brought in for a This is Your Life style show.

This could be so cringey it might actually be worth listening to. Or probably not.

Jaysus, he's bawling already. Hold it together man, you are a professional ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Johnnio13

"can't think after that email"

He's a hormonal mess on the airwaves.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭redbuck

Oh god not another laughing baby segment :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

Jaysus, he's bawling already. Hold it together man, you are a professional ffs.

:D

I hardly ever listen to Ray. Does he cry a lot on air?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement