Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

woman on the foley show today ripped the piss out of darcy and begged foley not to get as arrogant and bigheaded as him. was pretty funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

zuroph wrote: »
    woman on the foley show today ripped the piss out of darcy and begged foley not to get as arrogant and bigheaded as him. was pretty funny.

That woman sounded as <snip>. It was very embarrassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

Deedsie wrote: »
    That woman sounded as thick as ****e. It was very embarrassing.
    everyone who listens to Ray Foley is <snip>. He's the biggest <snip> on Irish radio.:)

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Deedsie wrote: »
    That woman sounded as <snip>. It was very embarrassing.
    el diablo wrote: »
    everyone who listens to Ray Foley is <snip>. He's the biggest <snip> on Irish radio.:)

personal abuse is not allowed - infracted. Next time will be a ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Thank fook that feel good show is over. Was that canned laughter or were those people really roaring laughing at every single thing D'arcy said?

• Advertisement

lightening wrote: »
    Thank fook that feel good show is over. Was that canned laughter or were those people really roaring laughing at every single thing D'arcy said?
    Yes, it was really crap, wasn't it? "I feel good, na na na na na":rolleyes:. The D'arcy show is seriously washed-up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

I still visit this thread to hammer home the decision i made...

I seriously think my blood pressure has dropped since I stopped listening.

Thank jaysus I have not heard the cork tool say "like you know like raaaaaaay" in 2 months...

Slidey wrote: »
    I still visit this thread to hammer home the decision i made...

I seriously think my blood pressure has dropped since I stopped listening.

Thank jaysus I have not heard the cork tool say "like you know like raaaaaaay" in 2 months...
    I've switched off too. Think I'll give Tom Dunne a miss from now on also. Today he was talking about wiping his arse with his socks and a Twix wrapper. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

el diablo wrote: »
    Today he was talking about wiping his arse with his
    socks and a Twix wrapper. :confused:

Now that does sound funny !

I purposely listened to the start of the vacuous twits show this morning as someone recently told me he was a Munster fan so I had to see what he had to say about the weekends game. I've never heard a person back peddle so furiously, he's now a neutral. Talk about not standing up for your convictions. Yet another person abandons the Munster bandwagon as soon at they get beaten.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

I dislike the show, but to be honest I am surprised to hear that he's a dedicated Munster rugby fan, what with his history of playing the game in Co Kildare.

I have heard him commend Munster in the past when they've been successful (as most people in his position have done, either genuinely or begrudgingly) , but I can't honestly say I had ever heard him say anything to specifically confirm that he preferred them to Leinster.

He has, he read out texts from people asking him if he was still a Munster fan and he never debated this, he is a Munster fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Has anybody noticed his inability to pronounce some words, for example the word 'us' he pronounces it 'os' and there's more that I can't think of now but it irritates the crap out of me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Thankfully I have not being subjected to this shyte in a long time.

I did hear 30 sec of it one day and it sounded like he was trying to trace people who had kissed at oxygen and had lost each others numbers.

Tell me I heard wrong :eek:

Has anybody noticed his inability to pronounce some words, for example the word 'us' he pronounces it 'os' and there's more that I can't think of now but it irritates the crap out of me.
    and all "th" words. turty tree and a turd. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

I heard a bit of his show last week. It sounded like he was talking to a woman who was going to test out some sort of vibrator that was attached to her mobile phone. I'm surprised he didn't go over to try it out on her in person :P

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭seaner

I listen to the show in the office in work most mornings. Its normally turned down low but I tend to catch a fair amount of it. He's become an absolute arrogant, self-important smug effer.

He's lost the very thing that made him so endearing to the public in the first place, and that was his ability to come across as a normal modest guy. But by god, thats changed over the last few years.

And whats more, when he isn't shoving his opinion down our throats, or being rude to a caller when they disagree with his side of things, he's pressing the wrong buttons and f*cking up simple song playing.

Its like this, I know he's never claimed to be the great disc jockey of his time, but after how many years doing something wouldn't you have thought by now, he'd have mastered his trade? For at least to show some respect to his audience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭anti chris-t

i think alot of the reason the show has gone down hill is because jenny kelly appears to have him whipped. She was off a couple of weeks ago and the content and discussion was alot better than when jenny is there telling him what to do and say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

Firetrap wrote: »
    I heard a bit of his show last week. It sounded like he was talking to a woman who was going to test out some sort of vibrator that was attached to her mobile phone. I'm surprised he didn't go over to try it out on her in person :P

i was driving my 3 1/2 year old when this was on,great fun trying to explain this to him:D

I think she's the saviour of that show! She keeps him somewhat grounded and lightens the mood of the broadcast. She's funny too.

• Advertisement

I think she's the saviour of that show! She keeps him somewhat grounded and lightens the mood of the broadcast. She's funny too.

Hi Jenny :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

I hate the way Jenny and Mairead on the show have to give their opinion on everything. Your one Jenny wrecks my head :mad:

I don't mind Ray but I do think he's become very opinionated

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭RastaRed

you gotta be kidding me, dont get me started on the woman:mad:

OK, maybe the saviour is too far, but she certainly brings D'arcy back to earth when he gets on the pulpit and starts preaching to us. Sometimes she tears the piss out him. That can be funny! And Fred Funk, I'm not Jenny, never met her, don't know her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

was thee someone on last week about diff in age between her and her partner. he kept going on about partner being 33% older. without even hearing the ages i bet he was wrong. what were the ages.
    he cant read either.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

please stop the name calling or I shall become miffed. You would not be terribly impressed with me when I am miffed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 slimwannabe

Head wrote: »
    :eek: I swear im not stalking you Mark!

Something has been bugging me about the show for the last while i have to say. Im not sure that its his opinion on things but theres definitely something there that has started getting to me, possibly the amount of time they waste on pointless stuff...not 100% sure though.

And seeing as its on the radio as i type, the Ray Foley show drives me up the walls. I cant stand the way Ray Foley waffles on about stuff, and i know "Its only a bit of fun for your lunchtime..." but sometimes i think people want to listen to things that actually occupy their minds a bit more than what town in Ireland produces the most lightbulb filaments etc... FFS :mad:

*** walks to radio and switches to Q102 ***

Filament Head
    ah lighten up

DesignLady wrote: »
    This thread made me decide to switch over to Tom Dunne instead this morning and as soon as I tune in it's a discussion on Star Trek which just happens to be my favourite thing ever! :D
    borinnggggg go ray lol

mcauley wrote: »
    From what I can see, most of you are listening to the show, on a daily basis. And then you come on here to moan, bitch and whine about guests / features / topics on the show?

My questions would be: why are you still listening if you dislike it as much as you claim to?

Just switch off?
    totally agree quit whining and switch off

• Advertisement

It's very obvious when an 'insider' comes here to defend ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement