Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

vitani wrote: »
    :D

I hardly ever listen to Ray. Does he cry a lot on air?

jenny's last day and he will slobber like a baby, then go (run) home. She will zoom past in the 4x4 (flicking a fag but out the window as she dashes to hide the sugar and take the lollipops and skittles off kate and tom)and see him at the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

jenny's last day and he will slobber like a baby, then go (run) home. She will zoom past in the 4x4 and see him at the house.

I genuinely lol'ed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Jenny's best bits? C'mon lads please don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

I wonder will they have a 20 stone truck driver in the studio to present Jenny with a bunch of flowers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭The Peanut

gazzer wrote: »
    I wonder will they have a 20 stone truck driver in the studio to present Jenny with a bunch of flowers?

This place is going to get very busy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,014 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

I'm on Spotify all morning but judging by the comments here its going exactly as I thought. Ray crying first and then everybody fawning over Janny Kally.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

Jesus lads. She's his wife, they met through the show and she worked at the station for 14 years. It's obviously going to be emotional for them.

The "get over it, he's a pathetic emotional mess" stuff people are coming out with is overly harsh. They're absolutely entitled to spend the last hour reminiscing, it's hardly over indulgent. You'd swear they were after erecting a statue to her. It must be an emotional day for them so I think they're entitled to their trip down memory lane for one hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

Best of luck to her, wasn't always my cup of tea but she was one of the reasons the show built up a loyal listenership over the years

Meangadh wrote: »
    Jesus lads. She's his wife, they met through the show and she worked at the station for 14 years. It's obviously going to be emotional for them.

The "get over it, he's a pathetic emotional mess" stuff people are coming out with is overly harsh. They're absolutely entitled to spend the last hour reminiscing, it's hardly over indulgent. You'd swear they were after erecting a statue to her. It must be an emotional day for them so I think they're entitled to their trip down memory lane for one hour.

I heard they are re-naming Marconi House after her.

Have they brought the kids in yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

"I used to pick them off me Granny's bush" :D That always cracks me up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

It actually wasn't even very emotional in the end at all, more just celebrating her work at the station. Some very funny clips and memories. Paul Collins and Ray got a little choked up for a split second but that was about it. They could hardly end without making some sort of tribute to her so I think they handled it fairly well overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭PIORUN

Johnnio13 wrote: »
    "can't think after that email"

He's a hormonal mess on the airwaves.
    I really think he's a woman trapped inside a mans body ( a really healthy, wise , consciousness man) .
    He was talking to Mairead about her type in man earlier, something he seemed really knowledgeable about and well in to .

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Really enjoyed the last half hour of the show. Paul Collins was gas "In those days there used to be trips to the pub to celebrate printer paper arriving." :pac:

Thought it was a nice tribute to her when Ray and Paul were talking about how hard she worked for the show.

I know a lot here don't particularly like her, but I'll definitely miss her on the show. Sure there were downsides (Cupid Kelly... *shudder*) but on the whole I generally found the days when she was in studio much more enjoyable to listen to.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Yes, besides her D4 accent and ways I've always felt that Jenny was the most down to earth person working on the show, undoubtedly the funniest as well. I can't say I'll miss her but the show will be (slightly) worse for her departing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Paul Collins the sports reporter?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

one darcy down one to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Why didn't Jenny take D'Arcy for her surname after the wedding?

Why didn't Jenny take D'Arcy for her surname after the wedding?

A name is a big part of a person's identity, and lots of women want to keep theirs. What's wrong with that?

Flying Fox wrote: »
    A name is a big part of a person's identity, and lots of women want to keep theirs. What's wrong with that?

Where did I say there was something wrong with it? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I'd assume she kept her own name because she has a profile herself.

• Advertisement

I'm only asking as it seems like the kind of thing they might have discussed on the show. But if they did, I never heard it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

Excellent, Paul McLoone in this week for Ray. A break from the same songs being played over and over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Excellent, Paul McLoone in this week for Ray. A break from the same songs being played over and over.

Mairead will be picking the music this week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Ray had to take a week off work to get over the shock of Jenny leaving. I hope hes alright :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

shockwave wrote: »
    Ray had to take a week off work to get over the shock of Jenny leaving. I hope hes alright :rolleyes:

Yeah, imagine taking time off and spending it with his family. What a dick…

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

Pearl Jam out of the 11am news.

That works for me.

Just a tad unusual, all the same.

lambayire wrote: »
    Pearl Jam out of the 11am news.

That works for me.

Just a tad unusual, all the same.

And The Breeders yesterday. Some really decent stuff being played.

McCloone's mimicking gets tired fairly quickly though. He's at it all week!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

BPKS wrote: »
    He's actually quite good at it, but it just seems to be a case of him doing it to let everybody know that he can do it rather than it being funny, or relevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

BPKS wrote: »
    And The Breeders yesterday. Some really decent stuff being played.

It's better than d'arcy mimicking a radio presenter everyday!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

he is at it again today, getting a bit tiresome now

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement