Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭shanec1928

BPKS wrote: »
    And The Breeders yesterday. Some really decent stuff being played.

McCloone's mimicking gets tired fairly quickly though. He's at it all week!
    Better than darcy crying his eyes out at any soppy story..

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

Good to see that phone buzzer-itis isn't just confined to when Ray is on air.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 chippy81

Just had a girl called neev on. Should that not be pronounced niamh? Next he'll have eeen on

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭PIORUN

Jack Raynar has quite an annoying accent , god christ....risssshhhh!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,009 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

had to laugh to myself the other day...i read somewhere about people who quote anchorman being a low level life form and then I hear yer man Will at it the other day ... "like in anchorman when he says yoging...as in people who do yoga huh gettit Ray....yoging...ha ha ha"

• Advertisement

Rays vagina monologue was funny this morning...first of all he discussed the rain on his drive to kildare....(it's only a 25min drive ray)....then his sky box failed and it was going to to take a few days to get someone to check it out....so up Ray goes to have a look at the satellite before he realised he hadn't a bleeding clue what he was looking for!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Rays vagina monologue was funny this morning...first of all he discussed the rain on his drive to kildare....(it's only a 25min drive ray)....then his sky box failed and it was going to to take a few days to get someone to check it out....so up Ray goes to have a look at the satellite before he realised he hadn't a bleeding clue what he was looking for!
    Ha! Vagina monologue. :) So apt.

When he was telling the story about the satellite dish I just kept thinking of Rod Hull.

Ray, Steven Cluxton.
    caller: Hurling
    Mairead: ha f**ing twat
    Will: loooooser
    Ray: "aw ffs....what an ars3hole

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭denishurley

What was that bit?

What was that bit?
    some chap never ever watched GAA and ray and co just cannot get their heads around it

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,585 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Ray, Steven Cluxton.
    caller: Hurling
    Mairead: ha f**ing twat
    Will: loooooser
    Ray: "aw ffs....what an ars3hole

That wasnt said

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

I'm fond of a bit of blue humour or double entandres from time to time myself but does Ray have to bring them into every conversation with every guest?

Very annoying and plenty of cringe when no one else laughs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

I'm fond of a bit of blue humour or double entandres from time to time myself but does Ray have to bring them into every conversation with every guest?

Very annoying and plenty of cringe when no one else laughs.
    They wanted a double entendre so he gave them one:pac:

sydthebeat wrote: »
    That wasnt said

True...I was taking the p1ss out of their " tutting" at the guys lack of gaa knowledge

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

More preachy sh1te about how bad our eating habits are, the show is completely devoid of ideas

More preachy sh1te about how bad our eating habits are, the show is completely devoid of ideas
    has he put an egg on it yet

has he put an egg on it yet

Ha not yet ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

Has the show always been quite so obsessed with food?

And I'm not talking about the preachy sugar fat crap.

Best sandwich, best burger, best barbecue and other "visual" radio that is utterly pointless
    to listen to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

A month after Jenny left the show,

Wakes up at 11.30.....hangover. First fag of the day.

"Focking hell Kate, I shouldn't have drank that 2nd bottle of wine after Raymond went to bed at 8 o clock".
    "Get that sports bra and throw it in the laundry so he will think I was running".

Kate,"Which one mummy".
    Jenny,"The one he always ogles my tits in, the one he wears round the house every evening" . "Tom, what's that your eating".
    Tom,"Muesli and oats , daddy made it earlier".
    Jenny,"God, with a friggin egg on top probably.we have a brown bin for that crap". "Sugar puffs are in the cor,he never looks there".

"In case he asks, what was he on about this morning, the 3 r's..Running,Religion and Reproduction with tears no doubt".

"Now, be good kids and go play the Xbox, mummy's going to have a little glass of wine and watch Jeremy Kyle...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

I caught a bit of his interview with Christy Burke this morning,is ray always that rude to his guests?

He was actually laughing while Christy was trying to speak, and as for interrupting...

It must be great knowing everything!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

In fairness. it was Christy Burke, the man wanting to ask Obama to get involved with a concert and getting the Mexican ambassador involved. As well as telling everyone that Ireland, nay Europe, is now distraught. All you can do is laugh really.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭Heckler

Once again cooking on the radio. Possibly the most useless exercise ever.

Heckler wrote: »
    Once again cooking on the radio. Possibly the most useless exercise ever.

I'll second that! Waste of time - no visuals for listeners, no smells, just listening to Ray drool and make eating noises live on air.... doesn't do it for me :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭masalbeagdubh

Usually his Friday show is his best of the week. Surely today`s show is one of the worst ever. Mairead`s input was very poor also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭TBP

ThisRegard wrote: »
    In fairness. it was Christy Burke, the man wanting to ask Obama to get involved with a concert and getting the Mexican ambassador involved. As well as telling everyone that Ireland, nay Europe, is now distraught. All you can do is laugh really.

Still not as big a clown as D'arcy whom shouldn't be in the country now if he wasn't so full of sh!t.

If I was D'arcy I wouldn't be laughing at anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Usually his Friday show is his best of the week. Surely today`s show is one of the worst ever. Mairead`s input was very poor also.

That's because tomorrow is Saturday.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

In fairness that was not Christy Burke, he was relaying a story that he was told some local resident's were going to contact the White House. Not the same thing at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭popolive

wut

are my eyes deceiving me ? did a high level and presumably well paid Irish politician really ask for Obama to become involved ?

say it aint so ...

In fairness if you're going to ask someone on your show have some decency and respect and try do your job, instead of being a smug little git. Typical Darcy he was the same with Jackie healy ray, quick rant and slam down the phone. I bet he'd choke in a face to face interview

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,014 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

I switched off for the last few weeks and was out for a drive earlier with today fm on and not really listening to it.

Anyway I thought I was hearing things but on comes D'Arcy talking to the weather man whose show is an OB today from some event in Dublin.

D'Arcy happens to be involved in the event and he's on with his daughter, talking about water balloons, broccoli and growing up poor. She's doing her best to put on her Mammy's Billy Barry kids voice while D'Arcy is trying his best to shoehorn her into everything the weather man asks him. He did manage not to ask the weather man what height he was though. And I didnt hear a sign either.

Anyway maybe I shouldnt complain as the piece didnt last long, I presume D'Arcy was getting ready to run home to mount merrion as it was close to his bedtime.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement