Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,354 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Don't listen to Darcy anymore as I feel he tries too hard to be some sort of journalist which I think he fails badly at, but I used to like him when the show was a lot more light hearted. He seems like a decent bloke wouldn't have any dislike for him just his show has gone stale, I drop in to this thread on occasion to read a page or two and it seems like a lot of people just give out about him and the show and it makes me wonder why the people who do this are still listening to him? Not trying to be smart, genuinely wondering, this may have been covered before but there are a lot of pages to read to find if it has.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,009 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

salmocab wrote: »
    Don't listen to Darcy anymore as I feel he tries too hard to be some sort of journalist which I think he fails badly at, but I used to like him when the show was a lot more light hearted. He seems like a decent bloke wouldn't have any dislike for him just his show has gone stale, I drop in to this thread on occasion to read a page or two and it seems like a lot of people just give out about him and the show and it makes me wonder why the people who do this are still listening to him? Not trying to be smart, genuinely wondering, this may have been covered before but there are a lot of pages to read to find if it has.
    I listened today becuase i heard he made a fool of himself ...so i dropped in to have a listen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

A fair portion would be people who's workplace radio would have the show on, so they've no choice.

A fair portion would be people who's workplace radio would have the show on, so they've no choice.

fair enough

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭sporter1

fair enough

Plus a lack of alternatives.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

sporter1 wrote: »
    Plus a lack of alternatives.

There's a world of alternatives. Use TuneIn or iTunes and listen to any podcast from around the world. RadioLab, Freakonomics, Bill Burr's Monday Morning Podcast, The Joe Rogan Experience, WTF with Marc Maron, etc., etc…

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Why follow a thread about a show you're not subjected to?

Addle wrote: »
    Why follow s thread about a show you're not subjected to/

Sorry thought I made it clear I wasn't being a smart arse it was a genuine question. I some times have a look at this thread if it pops up on my front page just to see what people are giving out about just out of nosiness I suppose.

to see what people are giving out about just out of nosiness I suppose.

Same reason I don't change the station for the bit of the show I catch.
    The presenters are such cliches now, it's comical, as well as cringe.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭sporter1

There's a world of alternatives. Use TuneIn or iTunes and listen to any podcast from around the world. RadioLab, Freakonomics, Bill Burr's Monday Morning Podcast, The Joe Rogan Experience, WTF with Marc Maron, etc., etc…

Sorry, i meant in Ireland at the same time.(also i dont have access to internet at work)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 jedi1997

I can second Bill Burr MM Podcast. Love my MM podcast every week.

I think Howard Stern Show is still good, his shows Mon-Wed normally pop up on youtube. Will check the rest of these out.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ekels

At a time when the nation's interest in MMA and UFC is positively piqued, D'Arcy's antics with Pendred weren't exactly well-informed. I'm sure he was aware of this. Is intentionally leaving oneself open for a backlash not almost the definition for 'trolling'?

sporter1 wrote: »
    Sorry, i meant in Ireland at the same time.(also i dont have access to internet at work)

You can download most of them as podcasts and then just listen to them without the need for internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

Ray shouldn't do interviews about any sport. He hasn't a clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭PIORUN

his indignant comment on the subject a few mins ago shows that is is gradually morphing into Gay Byrne...'you silly little people of Ireland go back to your potatoes and let me broadcast!!!'

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

He commented on it there, no apology for his poor performance, lack of preparation or rudeness.

I am now done with the Darcy show, It's terrible and he has become a terrible broadcaster. I used to be a fan but he really just doesn't get people's frustrations with his "style" of broadcasting.

I'm sure I'll nip in and out of the podcasts if there is ever an interesting guest on. But bikini's and bra's and his daily opinion on the weather are not of interest to me...

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

You can download most of them as podcasts and then just listen to them without the need for internet.

Am I missing something here?

Is there a magic way of downloading podcasts without the internet? :)

We're firewalled in here and have very little ability to download podcasts and not much www access.

Of all terms to use... indignant!
    He has to have prepared that statement just to be controversial.
    What a d!ck.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

Here we go. We will leave it there folks. No apology for lack of preparation.Very unprofessional. But i suppose when you are always right theres no need to.

lambayire wrote: »
    Am I missing something here?

Is there a magic way of downloading podcasts without the internet? :)

We're firewalled in here and have very little ability to download podcasts and not much www access.

You can download them elsewhere, like your house or any other building you frequent that has an internet connection and then play them when you get into work.

• Advertisement

You can download them elsewhere, like your house or any other building you frequent that has an internet connection and then play them when you get into work.

Step in to the office, admire how how all the ports are blocked up.

And then cry, like I did when it first happened a few years back.:)

Sometimes supplying a big multi-national company can be a proper pain in the neck.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭PIORUN

<Mod deleted>
    Are your headphone ports blocked up , is that it?

PIORUN wrote: »
    Are your headphone ports blocked up , is that it?

Yep, that's the one. Also, no external devices allowed in here.

Streaming was going lovely up until a few years ago and then it all changed (for the worse)

Ah well. There's other things more important to be worried about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

baldbear wrote: »
    Ray shouldn't do interviews about any sport. He hasn't a clue.

He really doesn't. Even though, as he frequently likes to inform us, he "played a bit of rugby in [his] time"

you could tell Ray was sickened to hear Rugby mentioned as a more dangerous sport then mma.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

you could tell Ray was sickened to hear Rugby mentioned as a more dangerous sport then mma.

Mairead: “Because Ray has played a bit of Rugby”.

"HAHAHAHAHAHhahahahahahahHAHAHAHAHAHAH"

Gaawd that gag was funny the first 10,000 times we heard it:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭denishurley

What exactly happened?

What exactly happened?
    interviewed a guy without doing ANY research whatsoever...including his name...which is Cathal...

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭denishurley

Cheers, must take a listen

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement