Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

knew D'arcy would take the day off today........had a feeling........he's been sounding fed up and disinterested all week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Horse84

knew D'arcy would take the day off today........had a feeling........he's been sounding fed up and disinterested all week

Listening to newstalk breakfast this morning and they were saying goodbye to their lead researcher who's heading off to the d'arcy show. Rushed off their feet with research so they are!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Maybe Ray needs Jenny in the studio? She was an integral part of the show imo.

Did Alison say today was the last ever Fix-it Friday? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Ivan Yeats mentioned one of the BreakfastNT researchers was moving to the Ray D'Arcy show. Her name was recognizable when I heard it but can’t recall it atm. Probably just filling a space on the D’Arcy team but could maybe be a shot in the arm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭The Dagda

I have to say I find Alison's constant giggling really annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Bazatron

I love Alison, if she had this slot I'd listen every day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭TBP

The Dagda wrote: »
    I have to say I find Alison's constant giggling really annoying.

Alison's giggling > Ray's ah ah ah ah ah, sigh sigh sigh

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Johnnio13

Can't listen to her. Its the accent really grates in my brain.
    As for Ray this week. I thought he was insulting to Cathal, I thought his adoption stuff was half thought of. But think I am still bitter about all the spoilers.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I don't mind the Canadian accent at all. It's quite mellow. As for the giggles, I don't know what kind of miserable life you'd be living to be put off by the sound of someone else's happiness.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 225 ✭✭Twas Not

Johnnio13 wrote: »
    Can't listen to her. Its the accent really grates in my brain.
    As for Ray this week. I thought he was insulting to Cathal, I thought his adoption stuff was half thought of. But think I am still bitter about all the spoilers.

What happened with the spoilers ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭The Dagda

I don't mind the Canadian accent at all. It's quite mellow. As for the giggles, I don't know what kind of miserable life you'd be living to be put off by the sound of someone else's happiness.

I'm not against giggling, but constant, awkward, often inappropriate and even more often fake sounding giggling is annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

either that or that he was at a funeral.

I'm not sure which :)

lambayire wrote: »
    either that or that he was at a funeral.

I'm not sure which :)

mmmmmmmmmmmm....................:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Ivan Yeats mentioned one of the BreakfastNT researchers was moving to the Ray D'Arcy show. Her name was recognizable when I heard it but can’t recall it atm. Probably just filling a space on the D’Arcy team but could maybe be a shot in the arm.

Niamh Hassell I believe. She did the quotes of the week thing on Breakfast (has probably done other stuff). Always sounds fairly cheerful. I doubt she'll be on air though, I reckon the most likely scenario would be Pam moving in to fill the Jenny role, and Niamh doing off air stuff.

But I'm usually wrong about this stuff. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Its been a pretty dire programme so far this week and last but that skit on Callan's kicks about the ray darcy show was pretty good!

Can't believe he omitted "stop stop, where's that button, eject" but he had loads of material to work with so he couldn't fit everything in!
    He touched so many bases in the first 20-30 seconds that the script writer must be lurking in this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭robo

Did anyone catch Callins Kicks on RTE 1 do "The Ray Darcy Show" - it was actually very good (the rest of the show was crap), but this segment was very like the radio show!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 225 ✭✭Twas Not

robo wrote: »
    Did anyone catch Callins Kicks on RTE 1 do "The Ray Darcy Show" - it was actually very good (the rest of the show was crap), but this segment was very like the radio show!

It was brilliant. Everyone text ray on Monday about it

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Just watched it on the player very funny and accurate, Raymond won't be one bit happy with that. I can't see Oliver Callan getting an invitation to come on the show any time soon. The what's in my head bit was very good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Just watched it on the player very funny and accurate, Raymond won't be one bit happy with that. I can't see Oliver Callan getting an invitation to come on the show any time soon. The what's in my head bit was very good

Link ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Link ?

I just watched it on the RTE Player there, very funny and spot on. It starts around the 12:20 mark.

• Advertisement

Yup - just watched it - spot on!

Someone must be reading this thread...... or maybe its become common knowledge how bad the show has got.
    Glad I wasn't imagining it these last few months :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

Oliver Callan is the biggest P*ick going but i did skip to 12.20 and watched 3mins of his show. that is the best tv ive seen in ages. got ray spot on.
    the sighing, the laughing at his own jokes lol, only thing missing is humming at end of songs

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭redbuck

That was brilliant it got Raymond and his harem down to a tee.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭breffni bogballer

to accurate for ray to be comfortable with, anyone else think that holly carpenter looks like mairead farrell in that country and westen scene on callan kicks?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,009 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

swiftman wrote: »
    Oliver Callan is the biggest P*ick going but i did skip to 12.20 and watched 3mins of his show. that is the best tv ive seen in ages. got ray spot on.
    the sighing, the laughing at his own jokes lol, only thing missing is humming at end of songs

My view exactly

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭HooohRaaah

Brilliant clip from Callan. I wonder if Ray will talk about it tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭nc6000

HooohRaaah wrote: »
    Brilliant clip from Callan. I wonder if Ray will talk about it tomorrow

Very unlikely I'd say. Maybe he'll try and "up his game" now that he's having the piss taken out of him on Prime Time RTE.

nc6000 wrote: »
    Very unlikely I'd say. Maybe he'll try and "up his game" now that he's having the piss taken out of him on Prime Time RTE.

if he does good enough.........
    it shouldnt have taken this long for him to have come out of his bubble and listen to constructive criticism.
    Like a lot of other people with high ratings in high profile jobs (!) they get too comfortable and complacent :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Well Will mentioned it on Twitter so I'm sure they will make some reference (through gritted teeth) of it. Funnily enough, Mairead didn't mention it. :)

https://twitter.com/willhanafin/status/493140498580660224

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Ha, so he didn't see it.....supposedly!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement