Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Ha, so he didn't see it.....supposedly!

Oh he saw it alright

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Callan has him off to a tee, Guy on from Kerry and sure as hell Ray asks...."Whats the weather like"..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I was probably expecting too much from what I read here but to be honest the Callan sketch didn't even raise the beginnings of a chuckle, some of his sketches have been decent though, I liked the Imelda May one. Delighted that he highlighted Ray's very annoying idiosyncracies though, hopefully he'll make it a regular feature with better material.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 225 ✭✭Twas Not

I was probably expecting too much from what I read here but to be honest the Callan sketch didn't even raise the beginnings of a chuckle, some of his sketches have been decent though, I liked the Imelda May one. Delighted that he highlighted Ray's very annoying idiosyncracies though, hopefully he'll make it a regular feature with better material.

Nonsense. It was a brilliant sketch.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭HooohRaaah

What did Dr Raymond D'Arcy say? Personally i thought Callan had everything down to a tee for the sketch. The little things like wearing a running top and cursing when he's saying something serious along with laughing at his own jokes.

• Advertisement

I actually believe he didn't see it now, I think if he had he would be pretty pissy about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭nc6000

I there was a sketch about me on TV I'd make sure to see it.

nc6000 wrote: »

Probably while eating crisps with a fizzy drink. There's the difference between you and Ray. He hasn't got time for that sort of thing.

To be fair he probably didn't see it. He was most likely dragging Jenny Cupid Kelly D'Arcy out of the house on Friday night for a light 20k jog.

I say Mairead won't be happy it. A fella dressed up as her putting on a thick working class accent. I sense she takes her 'celebrity status' very serious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,589 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Ray with his top quality research again this morning, having to be corrected by his interviewee.

Then he says "yeah thats right" after he is corrected. Yeah it is right Ray but you were very wrong. Again.

"Chris Froome, part of the Skype team".

Yeah Ray, that's right, ya fool.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭denishurley

nc6000 wrote: »

Didn't he listen to Gift Grub when he was taken off and ask that Mario stop doing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

HooohRaaah wrote: »
    I say Mairead won't be happy it. A fella dressed up as her putting on a thick working class accent. I sense she takes her 'celebrity status' very serious.

Yeah, she's being working hard over the years to get rid of the accent. Her silence is deafening.

Only heard the Kimmage interview, did they not mention the Callan Kicks sketch at all?

They must be taking the hump, I hope its on Callans Kicks every week now to really get under their skin!

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Johnnio13

Twas Not wrote: »
    What happened with the spoilers ?

He read out the ending to every major series and movie. Pi$$ed a lot of people off.

Johnnio13 wrote: »
    He read out the ending to every major series and movie. Pi$$ed a lot of people off.

Why would anyone do that? What was the reaction like?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,009 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I've never liked callans stuff (marios tv venture wasn't great either) but that Ray sketch was hilarious....think my favourite part was Ray locking his bike and getting vexed at a crisp eater!

Callan highlighted Wills crap job too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Johnnio13

Twas Not wrote: »
    Why would anyone do that? What was the reaction like?

Death threats and a lot of (unknown) listeners switched.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

That skit was very good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I watched the sketch last night and I’d say they definitely have/will have the hump. Whereas most of Callan’s sketches are mainly in jest and full of farce, The D’Acry skit threw a few KO blows.

I paraphrase,

“What’s in Ray’s head?--- Is it a sanctimonious sense that you are always right?“

Ray: “Hey gang, is it time to raise another populous campaign that I feel overly passionate about because I’ve been personally affected by it”.

Very, very close to the bone I’d say.

ShagNastii wrote: »
    I watched the sketch last night and I’d say they definitely have/will have the hump. Whereas most of Callan’s sketches are mainly in jest and full of farce, The D’Acry skit threw a few KO blows.

I paraphrase,

“What’s in Ray’s head?--- Is it a sanctimonious sense that you are always right?“

Ray: “Hey gang, is it time to raise another populous campaign that I feel overly passionate about because I’ve been personally affected by it”.

Very, very close to the bone I’d say.

Yeah remember that time when he tripped and broke his snout and tried to sue the council !

Any reference to it today ?

Keep peppering them with texts ! Be hilarious is they played it on the radio !

you would almost think he drops in here to have a gander! as he had every one of Darcy's ticks from this thread down to a tee.......(breathe in) sigh...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Usually a parody takes something the subject says and exaggerates it for comedic effect. The gas thing about Callan's sketch was it was EVERYTHING Ray does, no exaggeration needed. It was just the 3hr show condensed into a 3 minute sketch. Very funny imo and had Ray down to a tee.

Ah Jaysus he's taking a hammer to the studio ha ha he's wrecking the place trying to get the song to play

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Ah Jaysus he's taking a hammer to the studio ha ha he's wrecking the place trying to get the song to play

The way he said 'You're my witness, Will. There's a CD in there…', it's pretty obvious that he must have watched that skit.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Frog Song

Just watched the Callan's Kicks sketch on him, brilliant! Callan is an arse but I wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of him (Rachel Allen!!), he did Ray's show very well. Mairead must've been delighted! :pac:

Frog Song wrote: »
    Just watched the Callan's Kicks sketch on him, brilliant! Callan is an arse but I wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of him (Rachel Allen!!), he did Ray's show very well. Mairead must've been delighted! :pac:

Yeah. The Mairead bit cracks me up ! Watched it a few times.

I just watched it again to make sure, while the piss take of Ray is appropriately cruel and quite accurate I'm still unsure of which parts I'm supposed to laugh at, there's just no good gags in that sketch, the only thing I thought was a little bit funny was when the caller said "no wait, it's just started lashin". Not funny for me but hope he does it again.

• Advertisement

I just watched it again to make sure, while the piss take of Ray is appropriately cruel and quite accurate I'm still unsure of which parts I'm supposed to laugh at, there's just no good gags in that sketch, the only thing I thought was a little bit funny was when the caller said "no wait, it's just started lashin". Not funny for me but hope he does it again.
    you are looking at it wrong

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement