Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

you are looking at it wrong

That's like something Ray himself would say;)

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

The way he said 'You're my witness, Will. There's a CD in there…', it's pretty obvious that he must have watched that skit.

Or maybe someone has spoken to him about his poor knowledge of the studio equipment in fairness though Louise Duffy comes on directly after him and plays around three times more music than ray,she manages to do it without all the cock ups Ray makes, so it's definitely not the studio equipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,009 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

That's like something Ray himself would say;)
    stop waiting for the gags and you'll get it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Cork_chick_94

Remember the struggle Val Joyce used to have with the equipment ?

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

stop waiting for the gags and you'll get it
    Exactly. It's not funny cause of jokes. It's funny cause it takes the piss out of ray down to a t.
    It's just copying rays radio show and broadcasting it on tv at how bad ray and his show is. That's the funny part

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

That Paddy Casey song is really lovely. Wouldn't have been a fan of his, but that's really nice.

That Paddy Casey song is really lovely. Wouldn't have been a fan of his, but that's really nice.
    I'm picturing the actual incredible hulk shedding a tear!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Has he owned up to watching Callan yet?
    Personally I think Callans show is terrible, outdated stuff, and some of the impersonations are a bit dodgy,
    But he had the RD show on the money....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,005 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Has he owned up to watching Callan yet?
    Personally I think Callans show is terrible, outdated stuff, and some of the impersonations are a bit dodgy,
    But he had the RD show on the money....

He had it spot on alright and either he listens (listened) to the show a lot or else he reads this thread.

I remember when Callan worked on today fm, the ray d'arcy crew sent him to Coppers one night to try and score (if only they knew then what we know now).

Maybe he is finally settling an old score.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Frog Song

BPKS wrote: »
    He had it spot on alright and either he listens (listened) to the show a lot or else he reads this thread.

I remember when Callan worked on today fm, the ray d'arcy crew sent him to Coppers one night to try and score (if only they knew then what we know now).

Maybe he is finally settling an old score.

I get that impression from Oliver Callan, that he does a lot of his acts to settle scores. I could be wrong but he seems the type from what I've seen/heard of him, a lot more than Mario anyway...if that's the case I'd love to know what Rachel Allen did to piss him off! :D Mairead obviously isn't in his good books either :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,589 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Just read that the Will guy is a barrister?

What in God's name is he doing on an nonsense of a show each day then?

NIMAN wrote: »

Ray: "....and the funrun for the deaf is on Tuesday at 4pm"
    Will: (types funrun for deaf into google) "it's on Wednesday Ray"
    Ray: "oh wednesday...thanks will"

that's essentially Wills job

(i'm actually jealous)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I don't think he's a practising barrister (in the same way that Ray is a "practising" DJ), he just took his law exams. AFAIK he took them while he was working on the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

.....getting paid for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭6781

Not a fan of Callan but he got D'Arcy down to a T alright. Although it's not hard given how predictable and repetitive he is...

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭HooohRaaah

I really hope he impersonates D'Arcy again. I've watched it more than once! I would give anything to hear what D'Arcy, A-Lister Mairead and Will had to say around the coffee machine on Monday morning.

When Ray had Mario on his show and Mario impersonated Ray by saying "I'm a very serious individual" Ray responded almost immediately with "I'm not actually".

I doubt he was one bit happy with what he saw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Think ye're being a bit harsh to Mairéad Farrell and her future Morning Ireland career here folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭HooohRaaah

Think ye're being a bit harsh to Mairéad Farrell and her future Morning Ireland career here folks.

She sees herself as a very serious radio broadcaster. From what i can see she does very little on the show.

just tuned in....wtf?

(oh it's asexuality)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭heybaby

just tuned in....wtf?

Possibly the most bizarre thing I've heard yet, clearly Ray likes a challenging interview...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 225 ✭✭Twas Not

heybaby wrote: »
    Possibly the most bizarre thing I've heard yet, clearly Ray likes a challenging interview...

What's happening ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭heybaby

Twas Not wrote: »
    What's happening ?

Ray interviewing atheist asexuals... I thought I had heard it all. In fairness to Ray he's done worse interviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

"Are your parents still together? "

Great question Ray.

ha haha ha go ray!

"i tooold you i'm A-romantic"

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭SinaWil

That young fella is fair annoying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

heybaby wrote: »
    Ray interviewing atheist asexuals... I thought I had heard it all. In fairness to Ray he's done worse interviews.

You never heard of asexuality before? Tbf one guy only said he was atheist only because people told him he should be a priest.

I'd honestly probably ask someone who told me they were asexual some fair stupid questions if I was having a conversation with them because I'd not really have a frame of reference for it but that 'are your parents still together' question was really pointless.

It seems to be a sigh off between Ray and that Vivian fella.

You never heard of asexuality before? Tbf one guy only said he was atheist only because people told him he should be a priest.

I'd honestly probably ask someone who told me they were asexual some fair stupid questions if I was having a conversation with them because I'd not really have a frame of reference for it but that 'are your parents still together' question was really pointless.

It seems to be a sigh off between Ray and that Vivian fella.
    most of us have a mate or two that don't get any lovin....and don't look for it....i assume they are asexual?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

I've only just been listening since 10 and this is awful. The guests are total crap. Wouldn't fault Ray from what I've heard so far in fairness. He's trying his best with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭masalbeagdubh

I could be wrong but those asexuals sound a bit like Mairead and Will.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

most of us have a mate or two that don't get any lovin....and don't look for it....i assume they are asexual?

I don't know if you could make that assumption tbh. I think he was a bit sh¡tty with the way he signed off that interview. He really needs to sort that research out and get a decent set of questions beforehand and not leave it to questions from the listeners because it becomes a complete shambles.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement