Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 slimwannabe

meaning?me is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

Used to be an avid listener. Not so much any more though. Stale isn't the word. Still playing the same odd one out game, same guests on every week for god knows how long, many of them tottally cringing, that Irish Comedian one, Maeve is it? Rarely ever funny, even Ray's laughs seem so put on when she's on. So why persist with her?

And fix it Friday. People have the internet now. Let them use it.

They've just stopped trying and become completely complacent.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭hick

ye know I thought I was just getting a bit older (30) and growing out of him a bit, I switched over to tom dunne. but hey 51 pages proves I'm not old but in fact one of a number of people just a smidge tired of the many things that have been mentioned prior to this post that I won't mention now...apart from the constant opinions, bickering, holier-than-thou-ness. Ye can put up with it and the show is still alright, but that's the problem, it's gone from great to just alright and frankly there's better on the wireless.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭qwert2

hick wrote: »
    ye know I thought I was just getting a bit older (30) and growing out of him a bit, I switched over to tom dunne. but hey 51 pages proves I'm not old but in fact one of a number of people just a smidge tired of the many things that have been mentioned prior to this post that I won't mention now...apart from the constant opinions, bickering, holier-than-thou-ness. Ye can put up with it and the show is still alright, but that's the problem, it's gone from great to just alright and frankly there's better on the wireless.

Dunne has an extremely irritating voice

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭emy-87

Did anyone hear the Arthur the mailbag man this morning? After he did his bit he obviously thought they were off-air, and told Ray that he might not be in next week because he is going into hospital for tests. Ray and the rest knew they were still on-air, but let the poor man continue! I felt so sorry him. But I thought Ray and the rest of his idiotic crew were horrible, they didn't even try to tell him they were still live, or cut to an ad break! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Jesus christ!!
    I aint heard D'arcy show in couple weeks cause holidays and so on but feck sake this week has been total pure ****e even worse then usual.

First you had some sad ****e who asked his girlfriend to marry him on air and we all had to hear how beautifull and nice and so on it was. Bring on the stupid sap listeners txting in saying there now in tears :rolleyes: jesus!!

To top that off they now have been since yesterday going on bout women gettin pregnant from doing there ''sex experiment'' they talked bout on air bout month or so ago. Twenty sad ****es haves txted in saying there pregnant WTF???

The excitement has to got to them now and i have to listen to them having there own little quiz on what Ray can remember from his childhood.

Im seriously tempted to try me best to get on air for one there stupid quizs and tell the prick i think his show is a load of balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Jesus christ!!
    I aint heard D'arcy show in couple weeks cause holidays and so on but feck sake this week has been total pure ****e even worse then usual.

First you had some sad ****e who asked his girlfriend to marry him on air and we all had to hear how beautifull and nice and so on it was. Bring on the stupid sap listeners txting in saying there now in tears :rolleyes: jesus!!

To top that off they now have been since yesterday going on bout women gettin pregnant from doing there ''sex experiment'' they talked bout on air bout month or so ago. Twenty sad ****es haves txted in saying there pregnant WTF???

The excitement has to got to them now and i have to listen to them having there own little quiz on what Ray can remember from his childhood.

Im seriously tempted to try me best to get on air for one there stupid quizs and tell the prick i think his show is a load of balls.

Yeah, because that would be so cool of you...i wish i was like you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

I agree with whycliff, but in a non sarcastic childish way like him. It would be cool, best piece of radio ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Lana80

Why do some people here who supposedly hate the show tune into it if they hate it so much.Dont get that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Lana80 wrote: »
    Why do some people here who supposedly hate the show tune into it if they hate it so much.Dont get that.

A lot of people dont have a choice with what radio station is on in work.

• Advertisement

Nightwish wrote: »
    A lot of people dont have a choice with what radio station is on in work.

Bingo.

Fix it Friday is on today should be fun :rolleyes:.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Bingo.

Fix it Friday is on today should be fun :rolleyes:.

Bring in an Ipod with your favourite toe tapping 6 finger banjo playing tunes on it and listen to it...

whycliff wrote: »
    Bring in an Ipod with your favourite toe tapping 6 finger banjo playing tunes on it and listen to it...

I would but where i work i have people coming in and out asking me for things and im moving around factory floor fair bit to so wouldn get much use for an ipod.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

ear plugs then

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

thegen wrote: »
    ear plugs then

Or your own banjo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

[Havn't noticed a change over time .]...What are the peeps who clicked on that part of the survey smoking.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

Guys I think D'arcy is the best of the bad bunch tbh! Tom Dunne has improved recently but his show is still fairly mundane. But its obvious Darcy needs to update his show, as its become increasingly stale

• Registered Users Posts: 21,009 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Has anybody noticed his inability to pronounce some words, for example the word 'us' he pronounces it 'os' and there's more that I can't think of now but it irritates the crap out of me.
    yes i have actually..i went to school in Kildare
    Can of cawwwk - can of coke
    tawwwwwsed - toast
    wawn - one
    oss - us

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

Cringe radio this morning, did anyone here it? asking an actress (not sure who she was, just heard the last few minutes of the show) about her dead husband and the deafening silence that followed.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

after she had specifically told him off air that she didnt want to talk to him about it. and then repeatedly pushing it with "I don't know how you get up in the morning". what an ass, I'm in half a mind to email in a complaint to him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,886 ✭✭✭✭Basq

It was Natascha McElhone... and yes, it was quite painful stuff tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

basquille wrote: »
    It was Natascha McElhone... and yes, it was quite painful stuff tbh!
    and then him stumbling his way through the rest of the interview. :rolleyes: It's not unusual at all for him. He has done a lot of embarrassing interviews. :P

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Yeah interviewing is not his strong point

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭salad dodger

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Yeah interviewing is not his strong point

He was interviewing Matt Cooper about his book on Bertie. He kept asking Matt questions and then almost immediately answering them with his own take only to be repeatedly corrected by Cooper.

Just because he might have an opinion, it does not mean people want to hear it all the time!

True.

Tbh though I don't actually mind him but he's brutal at giving interviews. As you've said, he only asks questions so he can answer them himself.
    It's like that chancer he has on Wednesdays, the agony uncle :rolleyes:
    He's only on the show so Ray can give his opinion on the problems. Although it's probably just aswell cos the other guy hasn't a clue

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭leddpipe

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

He's interviewing Bertie at the moment, now I'm no Bertie fan, but if Ray doesn't stop interupting and talking over him, I'm going to punch my radio!

Now we can look forward to 2 and a half hours of "You really showed him Ray" or "Someone had to say that Ray, fair play" texts... Nearly tempted to switch to Ryan....

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭ClutchIt

D'arcy has turned into a Nazi.

ncmc wrote: »
    He's interviewing Bertie at the moment, now I'm no Bertie fan, but if Ray doesn't stop interupting and talking over him, I'm going to punch my radio!
    I kinda agree, but the thing about Bertie is that like most politicians, when asked a question, he just goes into automon mode reeling off the same predictable answers made up mainly of cliches and waffle. You actually have to interupt him to stop him waffling. But there certainly is a knack to doing it so it doesn't just sound like two people shouting over each other for the duration of the interview.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

But there certainly is a knack to doing it so it doesn't just sound like two people shouting over each other for the duration of the interview

And that is a knack that our friend Ray doesn't have! He needs to realise that he is out of his depth interviewing experienced politicians like Bertie. He has such a high opinion of himself, he thinks he can turn his hand to everything. It goes back to the OP (Over two years ago now!) his show was at it's best when it was light entertainment. This 'Pat Kenny Lite' thing just does not work, he doesn't have the intellect.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement