Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭HooohRaaah

Raymond down 12,000. The decline continues due to yet more people leaving the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

HooohRaaah wrote: »
    Any word on how Ray did in the JNLR?
    Last time he blamed the decrease on emigration. If hia listenership somehow increases then there must be plenty of people returning to the country

Nope he's down another twelve thousand listeners, eight thousand of that is down to emigration with the remaining four succumbing to heart disease and other various illness as a result of not following Rays strict health regime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

HooohRaaah wrote: »
    Raymond down 12,000. The decline continues due to yet more people leaving the country.
    Probably because they listened to Ray...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Ray is actually UP 5,000 listeners since the last book which was in January. Now, I'm a believer that year-on-year is what counts, but the upward trend should be noted here.

Year on year he's down 12,000, but given that he's now back on the good side of 220k and going up book on book, I'd urge anyone who thinks this is a sign of any major decline to relax a bit.

Q1 2014 - http://www.ilevel.ie/media-blog/radio/jnlr-2014-q1-station-programmes
    Q2 2014 - http://www.ilevel.ie/media-blog/radio/jnlr-2014-q2-station-programmes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Horse84

How just how in God's name is that possible with his listenership being up year on year? The show is truly awful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Horse84 wrote: »
    How just how in God's name is that possible with his listenership being up year on year? The show is truly awful

Down year-on-year, up book-on-book. There's a big difference.

Being down year-on-year is a better indication of the overall trend, but being up book-on-book suggests it might be turning around. Or that his figures last year were at an abnormal high due to poor alternatives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭6781

Can anyone tell me the name of the American tattoo artist he had on yesterday? Just caught the end of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

6781 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me the name of the American tattoo artist he had on yesterday? Just caught the end of it.

Ami James from Miami Ink
    He's opening a shop with Ross Nagle

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

So who's going to text in about dancing with their 3 month old ???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Feckit but he's getting some mileage out of the mistake the six one news reporter made last night. It's starting to seem a bit mean to be honest. I suppose he IS without sin:rolleyes::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Feckit but he's getting some mileage out of the mistake the six one news reporter made last night. It's starting to seem a bit mean to be honest. I suppose he IS without sin:rolleyes::pac:

Do ya know I was thinking the same, for a man who is basically the Homer Simpson of Irish radio he has a bit of cheek laying the boot into them for a relatively small mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭mountain

I thought there was a meanness about it, i think he has an element of a bully boy about him at times

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 225 ✭✭Twas Not

mountain wrote: »
    I thought there was a meanness about it, i think he has an element of a bully boy about him at times

Pretty obvious pathetic attempt at retribution for the brilliant Callan's kicks sketch of him on RTE

Did they say any more about it during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭denishurley

What was the mistake on the news?

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭PIORUN

this 'I saw a hot girl and i want to find her cos I'm desperate ' bit is really annoying...it's almost a weekly occurrence!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

The king of "Stop Stop Eject" has a cheek to be slagging anybody else off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

An abundance of mothers dancing around the kitchen/sitting room with their 1/2/3 year olds,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    An abundance of mothers dancing around the kitchen/sitting room with their 1/2/3 year olds,

You forgot about the pregnant one whose baby was dancing in her womb.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

You forgot about the pregnant one whose baby was dancing in her womb.

Even the dogs are dancing this morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭TBP

So far in my sitting room I've danced to every single one of the songs Ray played this morning with my 3 year old.

We're having great fun here while my accountant wife and mother to my child is working hard out in office.

When the show is over both myself and my child are going to go out into the kitchen and blend 7 carrots, 2 heads of broccoli and a turnip, drink them down and go do an 8k run.

We're the perfect family, being honest with you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭neris

mountain wrote: »

Its called small man syndrome

• Registered Users Posts: 17,005 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

TBP wrote: »
    So far in my sitting room I've danced to every single one of the songs Ray played this morning with my 3 year old.

We're having great fun here while my accountant wife and mother to my child is working hard out in office.

When the show is over both myself and my child are going to go out into the kitchen and blend 7 carrots, 2 heads of broccoli and a turnip, drink them down and go do an 8k run.

We're the perfect family, being honest with you.

Well ye would be if your wife cycled to work instead of hopping into her SUV:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

He just read out a text there ( related to the should/should not have kids topic).

"Kids are for life, not just for Xmas"

He actually read that out..................

i'd want to get the box off my head because I haven't a clue what he is talking about in regards to this play....IT IS JUST YOU RAY!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Why the feck did he read the reviews out to the Rea and Murphy. Did they not say repeatedly that they did not like to read the reviews of their theatre work? Jaysus, he really didn't learn anything from that spoilers thing…

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Why the feck did he read the reviews out to the Rea and Murphy. Did they not say repeatedly that they did not like to read the reviews of their theatre work? Jaysus, he really didn't learn anything from that spoilers thing…

It was a horribly awkward interview. Even Will got involved with the awkwardness with his stupid sex comment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

BaZmO* wrote: »
    It was a horribly awkward interview. Even Will got involved with the awkwardness with his stupid sex comment.

Very, very awkward.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 225 ✭✭Twas Not

BaZmO* wrote: »

What did Will say ?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭mdolly123

Show has lost its fun factor, he does sound tired and tends to rant too much but the alternatives at that time of day are worse, biggest gripe is the music he plays inbetween, its mostly kack.

• Advertisement

I only turned him on today at 11:30 and had to turn off again after only a few mins into this interview...terrible terrible stuff....Bill Burr Monday morning Podcast, Adam Carrolla Show and Second Captains every Tuesday and Thursday, far better alternatives!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement