Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

nc6000 wrote: »
    Eh, Is that not a bit OTT?

If you think that's bad you should have seen the comment on here about vivan the asexual guy this morning!!! It was deleted in seconds but it was hardcore hatred and very personal from somebody who claims to know him personally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

I haven't been enjoying the show lately, compared to how I used to but I would say, if he's burned out, he's burned out. I won't criticise him for that, if even on the surface he would appear to have a less stressful job than certain chosen careers.

We don't know what else he has going on in his life, and maybe he does listen to the criticisms from here and elsewhere and has decided to take a step back and if that's the case then it's a good idea imo. I know he has a big team around him, but Ray seems to be the type to take a lot on his shoulders, and besides the actual live radio show there is a lot goes on behind the scenes in his show I'd be sure of that and he has the odd TV gig/crusade too.

I just hope he does come back refreshed, with a more positive outlook and reflects on what the show needs to do to increase its longevity.
    :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

ivytwine wrote: »
    Best phrase ever!

I've short shrift for him being burnt out to be honest. We all would love a couple of weeks to sit at home, but he's lucky he can afford to and Today FM are clearly understanding enough to let him. However, it's not like he's a doctor or a guard or a steel worker or doing overnights in a customer service department like yours truly. He has a pretty nice job. Feck it, I'll take it off his hands, and I actually know how to work a radio desk!

Thats what I call multitalented :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

Thats what I call multitalented :D

And yet I still find time to hang out on Boards :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

5live wrote: »
    :eek::eek:

Honestly, do you think he'll retire anytime soon? ;)

• Advertisement

Honestly, do you think he'll retire anytime soon? ;)

Every day is one day closer.

I remember his starting on the show, 10am and he is still fupping up which buttons to press, 12 years on.

Even 2fm used rotate their presenters every few years till Gerry Ryan came along.

Still, three weeks of having an alternative to listen to before the flicking channels starts again.

Unless its Mairead again:-(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I'm expecting Anton Savage to be brought out of storage (he still works there, right?) for Ray's time off. I like Anton, but they should use this time to try out a few alternatives to see if they stumble on something that works.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I'm expecting Anton Savage to be brought out of storage (he still works there, right?) for Ray's time off. I like Anton, but they should use this time to try out a few alternatives to see if they stumble on something that works.

Think he said it was going to be Alison Curtis and McCloon filling in for him

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭Shelflife

Ahhh jasus, can't stand Alison's voice and mcCloon is such a music snob it's unreal.

3 instant turn offs for me, Darcy, mcCloon and Alison .

I don't mind McCloon but Alison will continue Rays baby talk and foodie slots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

Not alison curtis shes just as bad for kids and soppy mommys

• Registered Users Posts: 17,005 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

neris wrote: »
    Not alison curtis shes just as bad for kids and soppy mommys

Jesus she is awful.

<Fake Laugh>
    "So what ages are your kids Larry"

"They are 5 and 3 Alison"

<Fake Laugh>

"Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, cooooooooooolllllll. What are your plans for today Larry"

"We're going to the beach Alison".

<Fake Laugh>
    "Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww".

I wonder is D'Arcy leaving Today FM and has been placed on "gardening leave".

Reports on another thread linking Tubs with replacing Ronan Collins on RTE 1.

Maybe D'Arcy is after handing in his notice to move over to 2FM?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

BPKS wrote: »
    I wonder is D'Arcy leaving Today FM and has been placed on "gardening leave".

Reports on another thread linking Tubs with replacing Ronan Collins on RTE 1.

Maybe D'Arcy is after handing in his notice to move over to 2FM?

Nah, I think it's more to do with the fact that he's 50 on the 1st of September and he's just taking an extended break to enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Ray must have listened to the Sunday business show this morning. They were doing a piece on dominos pizza. The first text in to was, that the show shouldn't be encouraging people to eat pizza

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Its a tactical move by Today FM. By putting Alison on place of the master, with all her aaaaahhhh's, ooooooooohhh's and dancing in the kitchen after every song, we are supposed to appreciate Raymond when he returns.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 225 ✭✭Twas Not

Just when you thought you could have a break from Ray , Today FM is peppering us with Ray's 'Run With Ray' ads ! Check out his condescending tone for the "get off your BUTT" comment. Aaaaaarrrrrggghhhhh!!!!!!!!!

Paul McLoone opened today with a story from the papers that sugar is actually good for you!!

Ray will be furious at home - I'd say he'll even cut short his leave of absence and be back in tomorrow to ensure his crusade is not further troubled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

Twas Not wrote: »
    Just when you thought you could have a break from Ray , Today FM is peppering us with Ray's 'Run With Ray' ads ! Check out his condescending tone for the "get off your BUTT" comment. Aaaaaarrrrrggghhhhh!!!!!!!!!

His use of the word BUTT is silly. No one says "butt" anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭PIORUN

His use of the word BUTT is silly. No one says "butt" anymore!

Butt is so 90's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

great choice of music today.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

PIORUN wrote: »
    Butt is so 90's

Butt is what your slightly cool music teacher says... in 1999...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    great choice of music today.......

I hope McLoone takes the slot permanently. He's such a change from Ray.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

I hope McLoone takes the slot permanently. He's such a change from Ray.

Naah

Bring back Tom dunne, or anton savage would be a good sub

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Stepping Stone

Tuned in this week, knowing Ray was off. Loving Paul McLoone. He sounds like a man with a plan who is 100% confident that he can work the equipment. He says we will have this song, go to a break and be back...and that is exactly what happens. No stop sop eject, no mentions of being late for a break, no stuttering, no messing.

I know that this is the industry standard, but it is just lovely to hear on this station, in this slot. High time that Ray got his P45 and just concentrated his efforts on becoming even more dry and withered.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,005 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Felt strange hearing an actor such as Simon Pegg being asked actual proper questions

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Felt strange hearing an actor such as Simon Pegg being asked actual proper questions

How much does he earn though?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Shít, Simon Pegg was on and I missed it. I hope McAloon asked him if he was on residuals for Spaced because that is something that I've always wanted to know about. I assume he did as that's the best question to ask anybody who was ever on tv:p

• Registered Users Posts: 21,005 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Shít, Simon Pegg was on and I missed it. I hope McAloon asked him if he was on residuals for Spaced because that is something that I've always wanted to know about. I assume he did as that's the best question to ask anybody who was ever on tv:p
    ha is that a ray thing?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 225 ✭✭Twas Not

BaZmO* wrote: »
    How much does he earn though?

An how tall is he? Coz Ray is 5'9 you know .....snigger !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement