Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭mikep

I think things are getting worse at Today Fm, each programmes presenting teams obviously ignore each other as Alison spent 10 minutes discussing two items that Ian had discussed in the last 1/2 of his show. I would have thought some sort of communication would happen to prevent repetition..
    Also the tracks played so far are just dragged up from the computer system whithout any regard as to how often they have been played in the last few days...how many times per week do we have to hear The Cure's In between days...Grrrrrrrr!!!

And don't get me started on Alison.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Cork_chick_94

Hello i have a question, What was the Ray D'arcy show like when it started back in 2000 ? Was it always a chat show ?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,589 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Not a big fan of Paul McLoone, but Jez that Curtis woman is hard to listen to.

You know its bad when you'd prefer Ray to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

I remember the very first show for reasons I won't go into here.

He was fresh, funny and engaging.

It didn't last!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Martin was the producer not Will
    It started at 10 not 9
    He hadn't been "envolved" with Jenny
    The more serious segments were out weighed by things like tracktor Tuesday and the odd one quiz.we never had things like guess whats in ray's head!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Dj

Hello i have a question, What was the Ray D'arcy show like when it started back in 2000 ? Was it always a chat show ?

I remember the first JNLR pole and Ray said he hopes there was more than his dad listening so he can pay his mortgage. The show was great for the first 5 years, until he started dating Jenny and having kids. It wasn't as serious as it is now, well I haven't listened in years I'm guessing from the Oliver callan sketch that it still is

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

"and here's Paulo Nutini"! Ha ha good man Callan

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I'm thinking the choice of stand in's was to ensure Ray didnt look bad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 225 ✭✭Twas Not

"and here's Paulo Nutini"! Ha ha good man Callan

What did he do this time ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Twas Not wrote: »
    What did he do this time ?

Touched base on playing Paulo Nutini twice but hitting wrong button, flicking thru papers looking for his campaign against sugar, juvenile joke about mairead's baps, cutting off a call from Michael d once denis O'Brien was mentioned, nothing on the text machine, him being the fittee in Maireads tv programme "sex and the fittee".
    Probably leaving out more but it was funny!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭nc6000

Hello President Higgins, is it raining in the Phoenix Park? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

I genuinely laughed out loud watching the skit, so funny! "Do you like butter on your baps", "shut up Will", "don't know what happened with the desk there", <sigh>

All the hits!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Very good skit,, but as I'm no longer allowed to be bold,(more yellow cards than a hungry Luis Suarez) I have to say I THINK RAY DARCY IS GREAT :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,455 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Anyone else sick of Mcloone's "funny" voices?

Nope. Compared to Darcy's real voice, I'd say it's an improvement.
    And without that Darcy condescending sigh, it's total bliss. Long may it last:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Didn't see anything funny in this one either but delighted to see Ray getting roasted, the Mairead character drives me mad.

Interesting, in todays Examiner an interview with Paul McLoone reveals he got his break on the radio in the 80s by posting a tape of himself doing funny voices to BBC radio Foyle.
    He also claims that Gift Grub was his idea originally, spawning from a satire he did on cookery programmes.

I like McLoone but the "funny" voices drive me mad sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

.........seems like Rachel Allen annoys Callan just as much as D'arcy!
    I have to say I find that sketch hilarious - she is so OTT with that accent :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

The Callan sketch is pretty much a much poorer impression of Mario's impression. Mildly amusing, but nothing spectacular. The bit about the women preferring taller men was probably the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    The Callan sketch is pretty much a much poorer impression of Mario's impression. Mildly amusing, but nothing spectacular.
    I agree, most would agree. Mario is better, but the only thing going for Callan is that he takes the piss out of ray unlike Mario

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

Mairead joining Ian Dempsey!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Wow. Mairead leaving Ray's show for Ian's.
    No big goodbye or anything.
    Hope she won't be on air.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

Tis all a bit strange.

Ray signing off before he went on holidays all felt very rush and unplanned.

The show deffo needs some fresh impetus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Bazatron

Very strange. Wonder if they will hire someone for Ray to bounce off. Dunno if I can handle all the crazy bants between Ray and Will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

sebcity wrote: »
    Mairead joining Ian Dempsey!

Did Ian announce it this morning or what? No more boozy Thursdays for her so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Like Hulk Hogan joining the NWO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Did Ian announce it this morning or what? No more boozy Thursdays for her so!

She came on air and announced herself.

She didn't mention what her role would be however.

Innuendo and bants.

She came on air and announced herself.

She's the new Producer for Ian Dempsey. They're all abandoning Ray. Jenny, Mairead, who next? I suppose they're all fed up of his opinionated rants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭farmerjj

She's the new Producer for Ian Dempsey. They're all abandoning Ray. Jenny, Mairead, who next? I suppose they're all fed up of his opinionated rants.
    :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I wonder is Martin going back to the Ray D'Arcy show.

Mairead just said that the move is kid related, which is fair enough.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement