Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

BPKS wrote: »
    Switched on a while ago expecting an hour long tribute to mairead farrell including her best bits from the last 10 years on her last day on the show and no such thing!

What best bits?? she dont do anything except stand around in the background talking sh1te and doing that stupid fake laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

Just watched( a bit late I know) the Oliver Callan sketch from last Friday taking the p*ss out of Ray. He does go to town on Ray alright but I think his depiction of Mairead is far closer to the bone I would say she is fuming with it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

So whos replacing Mairead & Jenny?

Ray couldnt carry a radio show on his own to save his life so they'll have to get someone in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Cork_chick_94

shockwave wrote: »

Ray couldnt carry a radio show on his own to save his life so they'll have to get someone in.

Someone who works on newstalk breakfast is moving to the D'arcy show. can't remember her name.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

Oh no. Does this mean we are going to have to listen to someone else chirping in the background and have to endure this person becoming a "celebrity" by virtue of the fact that they have an association with this show.

Someone who works on newstalk breakfast is moving to the D'arcy show. can't remember her name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

What is going on with your ones accent?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭nc6000

BaZmO* wrote: »
    What is going on with your ones accent?!

Which one? The woman talking about babies sounds like she is from Cork 4.

The presenter is from Canada if that's who you mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

Mairead mentioned in the same breath as some hollywood folk :D

http://www.irishmirror.ie/female/sex-relationships/cougar-time-age-just-number-2917646

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

shockwave wrote: »

Two pieces of wood.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

crazygeryy wrote: »
    Two pieces of wood.

A marked improvement.....

• Advertisement

Lol....that made me laugh!!!!!!!
    But you shouldn't really insult wood.
    Two pieces of wood.

Did you hear Mairead the other morning going on about her au pair. I nearly got sick. It was nauseating in the extreme.

Two pieces of wood.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Duggie2012

Can we keep Alison, seems really nice. They could build a good show around her. Stopped listening to Ray but switched back this week as Alison was filling in and really enjoying her.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,005 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

when rays away and things are going well.....do you long for f**ups ...high horse-ery, crap interviews and cycling running crap???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

I thought Alison dealt with the caller who had lost her baby brilliantly yesterday. Ray often has these type of stories on but usually ends up sighing for the majority of the interview or asking questions that will prompt an emotional reaction from the guest. She just the caller speak and seemed genuinely sympathetic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

Duggie2012 wrote: »
    Can we keep Alison, seems really nice. They could build a good show around her. Stopped listening to Ray but switched back this week as Alison was filling in and really enjoying her.

I like Alison, like her music. When she goes on about kids she doesn't preach either. Really liked the idea of staying with the kids til they go to sleep, sounds so sweet. She goes on about her daughter a bit, but in a sort of "she's-great-and-I-love-her" kind of way, rather than Ray's "HOW-could-anyone-not-love-children-sigh-you'll-understand-when-YOU'RE-a-parent" thing.

As someone childless and undecided about kids (like them, but they're a lot of responsibility) Alison makes having them seem great. Ray makes them sound like a chore and duty!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

ivytwine wrote: »
    She goes on about her daughter a lot,

fyp

• Registered Users Posts: 17,005 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Will is definitely reading this thread.

The competition at the moment is Alison asking listeners "Who is the famous Canadian in my brain".

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

Shes a female darcy when it comes to kids. Really couldnt care about the kids of some caller in the opposite end of the country

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

I didn't really care one way or the other for Alison before these last two weeks but she's really grown on me. She's good at interviews, I haven't heard any mistakes at the desk (not saying there wasn't any, just that I haven't heard them if there was) plays a nice mix of music and is a bright and cheery alternative to Ray.

My only criticism of her is that she probably relates too much subject matter back to herself, and usually says something like; "I don't mean to bring everything back to myself, but..."

It's only a small gripe, as she is so positive and doesn't do it in a preachy or condescending way.

• Advertisement

neris wrote: »
    Shes a female darcy when it comes to kids. Really couldnt care about the kids of some caller in the opposite end of the country

That's the problem with the show though and I imagine a sizeable percentage of the listeners. There are certain people when in adult company have absolutely nothing else to talk about but their children. I imagine you all have been there, you go out for a meal or pints with friends and all they do it talk about what their child said, how their child slept, how their child sh1t, what their child ate (maybe not in that order).

I was out for dinner a few months back and there was a group of 5 or 6 girls in the table next to us. Now they were fairly loud and it wasn't easy to block them out. We were laughing cos all they were talking about was their kids and the Ray D'Arcy show.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭redbuck

Will is definitely reading this thread.

The competition at the moment is Alison asking listeners "Who is the famous Canadian in my brain".

My own personal theory is that Will is in fact frequent poster in this thread Michael Weston.

redbuck wrote: »
    My own personal theory is that Will is in fact frequent poster in this thread Michael Weston.

Funny I thought the same thing yesterday when Alison played Bloodbuzz Ohio by the National and she said it was especially for Will - if you look at page 849/850 of this thread you'll notice the comments which made me think that.

Funny I thought the same thing yesterday when Alison played Bloodbuzz Ohio by the National and she said it was especially for Will - if you look at page 849/850 of this thread you'll notice the comments which made me think that.

I've been thinking this for awhile a lot of little things like what you mentioned above all add up. Add to the fact that he has a few times tried to start the slagging of D'arcy off again whenever the thread goes quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

What the hell??? I'm chilling out enjoying the Darcy free zone and I get accused of being the cookie monster!! I'm not Will, I am in fact......... JENNY'S MOTHER!!!!!! Dun dun dunnnnnnn!

What the hell??? I'm chilling out enjoying the Darcy free zone and I get accused of being the cookie monster!! I'm not Will, I am in fact......... JENNY'S MOTHER!!!!!! Dun dun dunnnnnnn!

Come on Will admit it - you've used your influence here to get rid of Jenny first, now Mairead and sent D'Arcy on unpaid leave and you'll stop at nothing until its the Will Hanifan Show. Muhahahaha:D

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Come on Will admit it - you've used your influence here to get rid of Jenny first, now Mairead and sent D'Arcy on unpaid leave and you'll stop at nothing until its the Will Hanifan Show. Muhahahaha:D

I've been too quiet of late and that has given rise to the most ludicrous of conspiracy theories, I can only blame myself :-(

I've been too quiet of late and that has given rise to the most ludicrous of conspiracy theories, I can only blame myself :-(

No wonder you have been quiet - that Sunday Indo magazine wont edit itself:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

The break was nice while it lasted. Back to Lyric for me from Monday.

• Advertisement

I'm keeping my eye on you Mr Weston you're not in the clear yet ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement