Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

The break was nice while it lasted. Back to Lyric for me from Monday.

It might be different now that he's had time to reflect, the absence of Mairead and Jenny might change the dynamic too. I genuinely hope he comes back refreshed with a more lighthearted attitude, I really used to enjoy the show before Ray started trying to be all serious. He should just realise that's just not his bag and go back to lighthearted non forced easy going topics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Bring back Tractor Tuesday and The Odd One Out Quiz!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Bring back Tractor Tuesday and The Odd One Out Quiz!!

Dont forget friday rocks!

But do forget Gimme Soap and Lalalalalala Longweekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

5live wrote: »
    Dont forget friday rocks!

But do forget Gimme Soap and Lalalalalala Longweekend.

and guess what ******** ray is thinking about

Maybe drop the twenty minutes of ray reading the papers to himself in the mornings too . We'll see Monday :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Vorenus400

Did mairead get transferred voluntarily or not? I think the show will be better without her as she tends to be a cheerleader for the worst ray moments. She has been mentined laely on boards in people who should not be on tv http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057279171&page=2 . I wouldnt be surprised if she shows up as an Expose presenter at some point.

I actually think that Jenny going might hurt the show. She at times seemed to curb Rays more stupid pieces. I also think he is more likely to talk about his kids without Jenny there.

Callans sketch seems to get the show down. Did Ray piss off Callan at some point?

I also wonder if there is a kibosh on sketches making fun of Tubridy. The Callan bit about him was spot on, Ray is lucky that Tubs is the competition but I have never seen a comedian/impersonator make fun of Tubs on tv and it seems like rte has banned it or its cultural fear incase you never get a job on the telly again. I thought the Callan's mairead impersonation was spot on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Callan is a nasty piece of work, Paul Galvin should have boxed the head off him

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 225 ✭✭Twas Not

Callan is a nasty piece of work, Paul Galvin should have boxed the head off him

Bull

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Cork_chick_94

How long ago did he drop the odd one out quiz ?

Well Ray. Where are you, Ray. Happy Birthday, Ray. Don't worry, 60 is the new 40.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Oh no, you're not the only one who expected the great Ray back. Woman jogger with huge tits looking for advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Is he still off? Who's filling in?

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭NTC

I was expecting him back but i missed the start of the show?

Whats the story?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Oh no, you're not the only one who expected the great Ray back. Woman jogger with huge tits looking for advice.
    easing us back in with some jogging advice. He's back tomorrow. The old baps are too big, done to death, even I remember the name of those bras

NTC wrote: »
    I was expecting him back but i missed the start of the show? Whats the story?

The official line is that he's celebrating a "significant" birthday today. Wouldn't we all like a day off for a birthday. Something strange going on. I hope he's ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

oh- 50 today

Raymond "Ray" D'Arcy (born 1 September 1964)

Covered running, large breasts , sports bras and now onto sugar consumption. Are we sure ray is not back?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭Heckler

Someone looking for a playlist for their 9 MONTH old. Ffs. Is there something about having a kid that turns people into utter idiots ? And now we have the fizzy drink badness.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,005 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Covered running, large breasts , sports bras and now onto sugar consumption. Are we sure ray is not back?

Fair play to you Will for thinking of Ray on his birthday by covering running, sports bras and sugary drinks on the show.

Id say ray is spitting into his organic porridge with rage that hes missing his 2 favourite topics. Kids & anti sugar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Christ on a bike a playlist for a 9 month old,Ray will be raging he missed that one

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭Heckler

This ****ing gombeen. was mortified to be irish watching his ****e on x factor. Am now mortified to admitting to watch x factor.

Heckler wrote: »
    This ****ing gombeen. was mortified to be irish watching his ****e on x factor. Am now mortified to admitting to watch x factor.

He sounds like he is going to be the new Joe McCaul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

The official line is that he's celebrating a "significant" birthday today. Wouldn't we all like a day off for a birthday. Something strange going on. I hope he's ok.

Just take a day's annual leave on your birthday, as I assume Ray did. Simple really.

Canadian lady says he's back tomorrow.

Ian Dempsey was talking about a "New Show" that they know about but can't say anything about. Not the lunchtime double header or Tony Fenton's slot, but something else. Any ideas?

Just take a day's annual leave on your birthday, as I assume Ray did. Simple really.

Canadian lady says he's back tomorrow.

Ian Dempsey was talking about a "New Show" that they know about but can't say anything about. Not the lunchtime double header or Tony Fenton's slot, but something else. Any ideas?

Unless they move the last word to newstalk there is no other "primetime" slot for Louise Duffy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

Unless they move the last word to newstalk there is no other "primetime" slot for Louise Duffy.

No. Louise Duffy is going to Tony Fenton's slot "for the time being". This was a different "new show". That's the way I picked it up anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

It'll probably be a "new show" in that it will no longer be the "Tony Fenton" show and will be "Louise Duffy in the Afternoons" or something. Or else she's moving to weekend breakfast and Alison or Phil is moving to take Tony's place.

they said this morning that louise is filling in for tony for the time being not that she was taking over from him. hopfully she,ll get darcys slot and he,ll be put out to pasture

neris wrote: »
    hopfully she,ll get darcys slot and he,ll be put out to pasture

Not going to happen, He is the most listened to presenter on the station.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

Why?
    Can someone please tell me why??

Not going to happen, He is the most listened to presenter on the station.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement