Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

God Almighty, what a self important d*ckwad!

He's becoming more & more sickening as the time passes. And that bloody Jenny Kelly! I wish she'd just quit.

He knew well he was going to be bluffed about by Bertie and yet he's still playing the pained martyr. He really is the patron saint of the ill-informed who spend more time blowing smoke up his ass than actually getting the facts.
    :mad:

COP ON WILLIE O"REILLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭icanhearjimi

eh text number eh
    email the show, eh ray eh @ eh todayfm eh .com eh
    followed by....ehhh text number ehh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 TheMorningLine

He was genuinely nervous and Bertie is trained not to answer questions. an impossible task

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

eh text number eh
    email the show, eh ray eh @ eh todayfm eh .com eh
    followed by....ehhh text number ehh

eh, that gets me too , eh, all the bloody ,eh,:mad: time...........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Don't worry.............it's Fix it Friday tomorrow!!

Jenny "Well Ray, we've had a few emails from listeners wondering if you'd ever get back in your box, and if so can we get one big enough for your ego?"

Mairead "My hair is brill looking and I am now looking for some more free stuff from any companies/salons who need some free publicity, and yeah Ray, we'll put a shout out for that box for you"

Ray "That's great Jenny....you know when I was growing up in that 2 room house with all 277 of us in it, we'd have been glad of a box. While you were out riding.....ponies that is"

Will "Hehe"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭leddpipe

Don't worry.............it's Fix it Friday tomorrow!!

Jenny "Well Ray, we've had a few emails from listeners wondering if you'd ever get back in your box, and if so can we get one big enough for your ego?"

Mairead "My hair is brill looking and I am now looking for some more free stuff from any companies/salons who need some free publicity, and yeah Ray, we'll put a shout out for that box for you"

Ray "That's great Jenny....you know when I was growing up in that 2 room house with all 277 of us in it, we'd have been glad of a box. While you were out riding.....ponies that is"

Will "Hehe"

if this doesnt get post of the year im hanging up my hat, i just coughed up my ovaltine laughing, it came through my nose for christs sake!

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭leddpipe

anyone for smugness personified........

Ray%20D%27Arcy%201.sflb

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭mikep

This may not be the right place for this but why oh why do they love that "comedian" Maeve higgins??

Since when does a sibilant cork accent make you funny?

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭Shelflife

I had to laugh at him this morning berating a journalist for talking about being of the gay persuasion.

on monday he spoke about when he once lived with a fella and then nearly tripped over himself explaining that they just shared a house and they they werent "living together" eh eh eh eh eh you know what i mean.

Jasus we knew what you ment there was no need to "clarify" the statment, RAY DARCY SPEAKS OF HIS GAY PAST.

FFS hes so far up his own arse there wouldnt room for anyone else up there anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭siobhan.murphy

Shelflife wrote: »
    I had to laugh at him this morning berating a journalist for talking about being of the gay persuasion.

on monday he spoke about when he once lived with a fella and then nearly tripped over himself explaining that they just shared a house and they they werent "living together" eh eh eh eh eh you know what i mean.

Jasus we knew what you ment there was no need to "clarify" the statment, RAY DARCY SPEAKS OF HIS GAY PAST.

FFS hes so far up his own arse there wouldnt room for anyone else up there anyway.

ha ha,too true!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Tallspoon

Hey Mr DJ, just play the records, I think he and his 'crew' have confused me, the listener, with someone who gives a $h1t about his opinions. Just play the bloody music:mad:!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Tallspoon wrote: »
    Hey Mr DJ, just play the records, I think he and his 'crew' have confused me, the listener, with someone who gives a $h1t about his opinions. Just play the bloody music:mad:!!!

Now come on!!!! Darcy písses me off at times too but if all you want to listen to is music then get an ipod.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 zavvi

Although I have been, and still am a fan of the show for the last 5 years, all u have to do is listen to one show to relise how annoying, bitchy and sometimes nasty Jenny Kelly is. She hasn't always been like this, she used to be a valued member of the team, but since the start of the year or so her attitide has declined rapidly. Now, Im sure people are gonna say she's like this cause it's all part of the craic etc. But the fact is that some of her comments to other people and espically Ray are out of order, And D'arcy lets her get away with murder, just by sighing alot instead of having the balls to have it out with her. Finally, the week Ray was absent due to his Rose Of Tralee commitments, was truly a low point for the show. I could hardly listen that week with Jenny taking over for Ray. She obivously set the show out so it would appeal to her and her mates, with shouting, screaming and talking endless amounts of crap about girly things. Ray has turned into a bit of a boring moaner lately, but Im sure he'll come through this soon, cause you don't have a top radio show for 9 years without knowing your ****. Finally, on a lighter note I think its fantastic that Mairead is back, she really is an important member of the show and always manages to put a smile on my face, and Will, well he does a killer Cookie Monster impression so he's good in my book. Jesus, I need a coffee and a smoke after that rant! Good to get it off my chest, let me know your views as well...... Peace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭quietobserver

Maybe this post should be sent in for a fix it friday and give them a week or a month to fix the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goingpostal

The guy next to me has the Ray D'ARSEy show on his radio every morning. Loudly. I have to stifle the urge to grab his radio and beat it repeatedly off the wall til it is just a pile of broken plastic on the floor. Who could have known that one small man could rate his own opinions so highly? Tell me what to think, Ray, tell me what to think. You are so cool. I am not. TELL ME.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Apt username!

Totally agree too. Thank feck the twerp is no longer assaulting my ears

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Did I just hear right?

Is Jenny Kelly taking time off??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

washiskin wrote: »
    Did I just hear right?

Thank you God, i can start listening again. Woohoo....

eh text number eh, you can eh email us here eh at eh ray eh @ eh todayfm eh .com eh, followed by eh text number again. eh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

washiskin wrote: »
    Did I just hear right?

Maybe she's going to spend some quality time with her broomstick...it's that time of year after all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Condoms

I vowed 2 years ago never again to tune to Today FM as long as smug ray is on air.

Full of ****

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Randomly after thinking of 2 things about the Ray Darcy Show:

1. Anton Savage is deputising today from him, and I wish that was permanent as Ray's turned into a right muppet.

2. How often does Ray say the expression "ad-hoc willy nilly". FFS man shut up will ya:rolleyes:

He's f**king brutal, i dont know how people listen to him. Had to listen to him while getting a lift a few times. And as for the other people there laughing at his non-funny comments and licking his h*le. And 'eh' 8 to 10 times in every sentence. It's pollution to my ear drums listening to this little twat.
    Had the unfortunate experience of seeing about 10 minutes of the rose of tralee. My god, he is terrible, and he thinks he's great, little sh1te

eh ray eh @ eh todayfm eh .com eh............. followed by eh text number eh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Anyone notice he's always making ****ing mistakes? Always stopping a song after 20 seconds and then saying "Ah... I'll play it after the break" Then only to play the wrong ad, or a jingle.

MUPPET!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

Fago_25 wrote: »
    Anyone notice he's always making ****ing mistakes? Always stopping a song after 20 seconds and then saying "Ah... I'll play it after the break" Then only to play the wrong ad, or a jingle.

MUPPET!!!!!
    yep, always pressing the wrong buttons and getting confused (and then blaming technogy for his incompetence :rolleyes:). And every day playing a few seconds of a song and then realising that he needs to take an ad break and the usual "we'll play that in its entirety after the break". I haven't listened to him in ages but it seems that nothing has changed.

And does nobody check the text messages before reading them out on radio? Most of them are pure drivel from his "fans".

I can't believe his listenership figures are so high. :confused:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

el diablo wrote: »
    blaming technogy for his incompetence

He does seem to portray himself as one of those people that slightly sneers at technology and things that are modern. He is very very young for that "ah sure it never harmed us" attitude. I have heard him slag off "fancy bread" (traditional whole-meal stuff which is actually the original stuff), Olive oil and other stuff that wasn't around (in his house) when he was younger. Without Jenny balancing him and pulling him back I couldn't listen to the show. I met him once, lovely fella.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Have to say that Anton Savage is - well - savage! He's doing a cracking job filling in!

And (no offence Ray) I had to laugh when they called for "grumpy people" to ring in for the quiz today......couldn't avoid the fleeting thought that they should leave him alone on his week off! :D

All that said, he's definitely the best option from 9 - 12 daily......it's just been running so long that it needs a bit of freshening up; the same applies to the Breakfast Show and Gift Grub....and, to be fair, lots of other shows nationwide on different stations......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Have to say that Anton Savage is - well - savage! He's doing a cracking job filling in!

And (no offence Ray) I had to laugh when they called for "grumpy people" to ring in for the quiz today......couldn't avoid the fleeting thought that they should leave him alone on his week off! :D

Have to agree 100%. Anton Savage has been brilliant all week, such a fresh voice and quite enthusiastic.

Plus his laugh is contagious too:D

Lets start a petition to get Anton Savage a permanent position!

The only downside to this week was Jason (just-do-the-same-expression-for-every-character) Byrne on the show today. What a twat:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Col200sx wrote: »
    Lets start a petition to get Anton Savage a permanent position!
    Same happen when Tom Dunne used to fill in. Although I haven't seen too many people switch to Newstalk when he got his own show.

I said this before when Tom Dunne used to fill in and it's still true now, it's like being back in school and your teacher is off. The replacement teacher always seems to be great craic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭hick

I switched over to Tom Dunne as soon as he got his own show and I know a good few others did too, much more light hearted, and less music. Beats the hells out of the tired format on the Ray D'arcy show

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement