Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,527 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

That was one happy go lucky dude, he's led a fairly charmed life, it's hard to see how he became such a moany grump.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

That was one happy go lucky dude, he's led a fairly charmed life, it's hard to see how he became such a moany grump.

weird to actually see him stay silent and let someone answer after he has asked a question :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

ah feck grumpys back. radio silence till pat or sean at 10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

Soft drinks are related to obesity

• Advertisement

Not even five minutes back and going on about sugar and waist sizes in children, he's never going to change

• Registered Users Posts: 17,005 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

5 minutes in and already a rant on sugary drinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Ive already had my Darcy rant at work. What a condescending patronising pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

Well said!

quote="gimmick;92020032"]Ive already had my Darcy rant at work. What a condescending patronising pain.[/quote]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭nc6000

And a song from Paolo Nutini for his first song back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Did he acknowledge the staff change?

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

Addle wrote: »
    Did he acknowledge the staff change?

Nope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Bazatron

Callan get's a mention before Mairead, nothing strange about that at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭denishurley

What did he say about Callan?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

What did he say about Callan?

A texter took the piss out of him for playing Nutini and Will remarked "Oliver Callan will be happy"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Horse84

I've said it before and I'll say it again the man has hormonal issues. He is a woman, just to clarify absolutely nothing wrong with being a woman but no man has that much oestrogen in his system.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Is it just me or does he sound very nervous today? Not his normal confident self....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Horse84 wrote: »
    I've said it before and I'll say it again the man has hormonal issues. He is a woman, just to clarify absolutely nothing wrong with being a woman but no man has that much oestrogen in his system.

Is it because he's upset about that couple losing their baby? I only caught a bit of it there. I find stuff like that upsetting myself tbh. I can't see the problem with someone getting emotional about stuff like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

Careful now, you get yourself put in the bold posters corner

2 segments on death in the first hour.

Full on doom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭shanec1928

And he still can't use the equipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Vorenus400

chuckles30 wrote: »
    Is it just me or does he sound very nervous today? Not his normal confident self....

It sounded to me like he was Consciously trying not to sigh. he seemed to make little coughs instead during the papers.

Maybe someone had a word to him about the sighing. There was only a brief mention of staff changes at start of show

He sighed within the first 3 seconds this morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Horse84

Is it because he's upset about that couple losing their baby? I only caught a bit of it there. I find stuff like that upsetting myself tbh. I can't see the problem with someone getting emotional about stuff like that.

I didn't hear that part and of course it's upsetting I was more referring to him sitting down printing out reams of pics the night before. I dunno maybe I'm odd and emotionally dead or whatever but I just find his carry on at times more than a bit strange just my opinion.

lambayire wrote: »
    He sighed within the first 3 seconds this morning!

I must have missed that.

I do think he sounds like he is trying this morning despite the 2 very sad items that are on. He is letting Colm Murray's daughter talk now. Not too many interruptions.

I didn't hear that part and of course it's upsetting I was more referring to him sitting down printing out reams of pics the night before. I dunno maybe I'm odd and emotionally dead or whatever but I just find his carry on at times more than a bit strange just my opinion.

You're not odd, he has plenty of time to prepare for these interviews emotionally and professionally.

Vorenus400 wrote: »
    I must have missed that.

I do think he sounds like he is trying this morning despite the 2 very sad items that are on. He is letting Colm Murray's daughter talk now. Not too many interruptions.

Okay its back to the same old. Just heard the bawling my eyes out text andsomeone mentioned going for the baby scan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

He gives out that people in Donegal aren't signing up to his run in a couple of weeks time......maybe they couldn't care less about you or they have work?? Dose.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

I'm not listening, has he addressed Mairéad yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Not a mention of Mairéad yet!! Interviewing PJ Gallagher now....again!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement