Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

Was thinking the same thing
    No doubt Daithi OShea is due an interview soon!!!!!!

chuckles30 wrote: »
    Not a mention of Mairéad yet!! Interviewing PJ Gallagher now....again!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Bazatron

Thats crazy her name didn't get mentioned. I expected her to be on with him first thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

Something must have happened between them as neither of them can resist an opportunity to self publicise and wallow in self glory.

quote="Bazatron;92022415"]Thats crazy her name didn't get mentioned. I expected her to be on with him first thing.[/quote]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭6781

I switched off after 10 minutes. I know there is a lack of choice but I don't know how his ratings are so high. Brutal.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Frog Song

He didn't wish Mairead luck or anything? Odd.

Caught bits of it today, nothing has changed. Shame, was hoping the rest would do him some good.

I have a feeling he's going to pack it in in the not too distant future. He doesn't sound happy there anymore. Today FM will never get rid of him but I can see him leaving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

Was it only Will in the studio this morning or has Mairead been replaced?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

statto25 wrote: »

She has moved to Ian Dempseys breakfast show.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 225 ✭✭Twas Not

Brendão wrote: »
    She has moved to Ian Dempseys breakfast show.

The Callan sketches obviously played a large part

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Twas Not wrote: »
    The Callan sketches obviously played a large part

I honestly can't tell if you're taking the piss here or not…

• Registered Users Posts: 21,005 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

has there been more callan sketches? I've seen two darcy gems,the ballymaloo sketches are decent too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

statto25 wrote: »

No, they took a leaf out of Callans book, Will puts a wig on to do Maireads part..

Is the second Callan clip online? I saw the first one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

6781 wrote: »
    Is the second Callan clip online? I saw the first one.

About 10 minutes in

http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/10313871/

http://m.independent.ie/style/celebrity/celebrity-news/ray-darcy-reveals-terror-as-toddler-son-was-stuck-in-lift-in-15-minutes-before-rescue-30558589.html

Questionable parenting skills by Ray. How can a child be allowed wander off to a lift on their own?? Surely worse than allowing them a sugary drink.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

Twas Not wrote: »
    http://m.independent.ie/style/celebrity/celebrity-news/ray-darcy-reveals-terror-as-toddler-son-was-stuck-in-lift-in-15-minutes-before-rescue-30558589.html

Questionable parenting skills by Ray. How can a child be allowed wander off to a lift on their own?? Surely worse than allowing them a sugary drink.....

He looks more like a grandad these days than a dad
    Look I'm not a D'Arcy fan ok but you obviously only read the headline and not the full story. The child didn't wander to the lift by himself and if you took the time to read the full details you'd understand that it could easily happen to anyone.
    Pure zombie posting and then to top it off you have a dig at his appearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Ha, Ray saying,"People may say I'm a boring old fart",No Ray, where was that comment ever made...but now you mention it .

Id say there were floods of tears then and will be right up to Toms wedding day.

disclaimer...The Ray Darcy show is a highly professional well researched show run by an excellent dj and backroom team, (well Will actually).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

On his sugary drink rant again this morning. :):)

gazzer wrote: »
    On his sugary drink rant again this morning. :):)

He should start a rant about parents who allow kids get trapped in lifts instead

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

//MOD

Locking thread while I'm doing some cleaning up; it will be back shortly.

Right; I've gone through and done some cleaning up. Please limit the discussion about Sugar/fat/smoking etc. to more suitable forums. Yes Sugary drinks is a common topic of his but lets limit the discussion to what's on the show rather then going off topic with side discussions on the subject.

//MOD

Flicked on for a minute to hear another rant about fizzy drinks and how Coke is the number one brand here. Had to switch off only so much of that you can listen too.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,582 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

this has turned into a most depressing show...... every day its "your life style kills you" or "my child was killed by sickness / accident / others fault" or "im dying of an incurable disease".. etc

ive had enough

• Registered Users Posts: 17,005 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

sydthebeat wrote: »
    this has turned into a most depressing show...... every day its "your life style kills you" or "my child was killed by sickness / accident / others fault" or "im dying of an incurable disease".. etc

ive had enough

The Ray D'Arcy Show has become Liveline-lite and the lite is slowly but surely disappearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 wagon_repair

Very sad story there, you could hear Ray getting choked up reading that small poem

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

Sad sells, and women love to cry, if you ask a woman when she gets home from the cinema if a movie was good and they say it was only alright, then that means they haven't cried, if their reply is it was amazing or fantastic then ask them if they cried and they will have cried.
    Darcys demographic is 25-45 year old women who love to cry and love drama, he's playing upto them with this tear jerking ****e and that is why his numbers are growing because stay at home mom's and offices full of oestrogen filled women are lapping it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

Sad sells, and women love to cry, if you ask a woman when she gets home from the cinema if a movie was good and they say it was only alright, then that means they haven't cried, if their reply is it was amazing or fantastic then ask them if they cried and they will have cried.
    Darcys demographic is 25-45 year old women who love to cry and love drama, he's playing upto them with this tear jerking ****e and that is why his numbers are growing because stay at home mom's and offices full of oestrogen filled women are lapping it up.

Gotta tell ya, I take exception to that. What with being a person of the female persuasion! I listen to him all the time because I like the show, not too gone on the aul teary bits, nor do I dance around the kitchen with my kids, but I do still enjoy it. I must further point out, that I don't watch movies that want to make me cry.

Preconceived ideas much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I'm a bloke in my mid-thirties with a wife and 2 children. If my partner died, I don't know if I could cope - she is honestly my world and we have weathered everything that's has being thrown at us over the years and still love each other as much today as we did when we first met . The AA Milne quote was particularly poignant and I must say I found it quite moving. <Mod snip.>

I find it pretty sad, and kind of sexist, that you think any show of emotion is the preserve of women

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

Well that's not a generalisation at all. Ray is a man and he loves an auld cry, haven't you noticed?

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭PIORUN

did he just call them the Brat Pack???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Sonya Lennon loves laughing, doesn't she! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Brendão wrote: »
    Sonya Lennon loves laughing, doesn't she! :)

The cackle on it, I wonder what she charges to haunt a house:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement