Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Joe Duffy..

Plenty of people dancing around the kitchen this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭niamh1975

Plenty of people dancing around the kitchen this morning.

To be fair its a mighty song!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

So Richard Branson do you have an tickets for the All Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭Dickie10

jaysus the two lads on the tour of Ireland sound like fair attention seeking egits. to be fair the one that's doing all the talking sounds a gimp with the fake laugh! the other lad isn't as bad. just wait for all the desperados texting in for oh send him my number he sounds so hot, il go on a date woth him, blah blah

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

what are they touring Ireland for? just caught the end of it, reckoned it would be a bumper fitness week so only tuning in the odd time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,005 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

what does Mary O'Rourke know that we don't? "Leo is biiiig boy....i mean literally a biiig boy"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭Dickie10

mary orourke really loves the sound of her own voice, id love to hear what darcy thinks of callans kicks sneer at him. my guess is he wont comment on it. he wouldn't be the best man to take critiscm

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭denishurley

what are they touring Ireland for? just caught the end of it, reckoned it would be a bumper fitness week so only tuning in the odd time

Ray said this morning that they were "running down Ireland", i.e. starting in Letterkenny and finishing in Cork. I texted in saying he loved running down Ireland but I don't think it was read out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

I heard a couple of minutes of the O'Rourke interview, <Mod snip - not allowed.>

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭redbuck

John Spillane is an awful dose he has to be the worst in the rotation of guests they have on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭nicedryturf

Oh no... John Spillane. I work in an office where Today FM is piped in. We're not allowed wear headphones. Oh God, please somebody stop the torture.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

I like john Spillane, think he is harmless enough.

I like john Spillane, think he is harmless enough.

There's no such thing as a harmless weirdo ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

Oh God. Daithi OShea has been dragged in and the one from the afternoon TV programme waffling on about babies AGAIN!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,005 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

i tuned in and caught that river lee song...and i enjoyed it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

I tuned in to hear some mother praise how good running is and changed stations.

I really really really don't give damn if anybody likes running or not but i surely don't want it rammed down my throat at every opportunity:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Frog Song

Thought I was listening to a repeat hearing Daithi O'Shea on yet again! He's like a member of the show at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Lightscriber

I've changed off Ray recently just couldn't stomach him anymore,& bonus of being on mat leave- have control of the radio now.
    I was listening to tubridy this morning he had a lady on who is overweight and not ashamed of it, was a pretty interesting interview, tubridy didn't judge or patronize her, made me think though imagine the reception ray would have given her, doubt he'd have been able to be civil to her!

had time off work today due to a dentist appointment.....lying with mouth open and drilling going on and listening to Ray D'arcy show and I really didnt have any say in the matter!!

I genuinely cant believe how much time is still being given over to Ray's pet subject - running! Thats the reason I stopped listening months ago.......... and its still going on.........obviously its on a daily basis. Its even got to the stage where people are having life changing experiences due to running (which is good) and Ray was getting v emotional reading out texts from women saying this today ........but still?

I get it , I get it, I get it ........but there has to me more to the show than this every day. Is Ray the producer too? Its no longer even something I care that much about now as I listen to Pat Kenny and Newstalk every morning at work and love it. Ironic that the one day in months I listened to Ray its still all about running ...........and babies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

had time off work today due to a dentist appointment.....lying with mouth open and drilling going on and listening to Ray D'arcy show and I really didnt have any say in the matter!!

I genuinely cant believe how much time is still being given over to Ray's pet subject - running! Thats the reason I stopped listening months ago.......... and its still going on.........obviously its on a daily basis. Its even got to the stage where people are having life changing experiences due to running (which is good) and Ray was getting v emotional reading out texts from women saying this today ........but still?

I get it , I get it, I get it ........but there has to me more to the show than this every day. Is Ray the producer too? Its no longer even something I care that much about now as I listen to Pat Kenny and Newstalk every morning at work and love it. Ironic that the one day in months I listened to Ray its still all about running ...........and babies.

I wonder will Ray be around in 20 years when some of his obsessive running listeners are ringing in about their hip replacements and chronic joint pain from all of the pounding of their feet on the road.

It's great to see people improving their lifestyle and fitness but there are more ways to get fit than running. You would swear the man brought running to Ireland.

Funnily enough he had a bloke on who did MMA for fitness and he turned his nose up at him as it didn't relate to how he operates (and as spokesman for everyone in the country, it's how everyone else should do things)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,586 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Over the years various physio's have told me that road running is one of the worst things you could do to your body, pounding for mile upon mile on concrete. Building up injuries and issues for future years.

NIMAN wrote: »
    Over the years various physio's have told me that road running is one of the worst things you could do to your body, pounding for mile upon mile on concrete. Building up injuries and issues for future years.

Absolutely terrible on the knees it is, arthiritis waiting to happen it destroys the joints running on tarmac, cycling all the way in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

I turned the show on randomly 4 times this week( once a day) and each time all i heard were the words " 5k, run ,running ,fitness level,".
    How can you sustain a listener ship with the same ****e like that on EVERY morning.

crazygeryy wrote: »
    I turned the show on randomly 4 times this week( once a day) and each time all i heard were the words " 5k, run ,running ,fitness level,".
    How can you sustain a listener ship with the same ****e like that on EVERY morning.

Stockholm syndrome

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭KAGY

crazygeryy wrote: »

Well it was tge the 5k with ray week so im not too surprised.
    But his point scoring interview style has lost me as a listener more than the topics

redbuck wrote: »
    Absolutely terrible on the knees it is, arthiritis waiting to happen it destroys the joints running on tarmac, cycling all the way in my opinion.

totally agree. I'm surprised Ray hasn't noticed a lot of joint aches and pains from running already seeing he has turned 50. If he hasn't by now he will soon. I gave up running at age 45 as I was gettiing far too many aches in knees, shin splints, lower back etc. Every step you pound has major impact on the skeleton - walking and cycling are better when you're over 40 if you want to save your bones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

This would drive Ray mad, but I know someone who was an all-ireland runner and had to give it up as it was ruining his knees... he is now a highly ranked amateur MMA fighter!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

totally agree. I'm surprised Ray hasn't noticed a lot of joint aches and pains from running already seeing he has turned 50. If he hasn't by now he will soon. I gave up running at age 45 as I was gettiing far too many aches in knees, shin splints, lower back etc. Every step you pound has major impact on the skeleton - walking and cycling are better when you're over 40 if you want to save your bones.
    With young kids at his age, I think he has a lot to prove.

Brendão wrote: »
    This would drive Ray mad, but I know someone who was an all-ireland runner and had to give it up as it was ruining his knees... he is now a highly ranked amateur MMA fighter!
    I can picture the steam coming out his ears until the top blows right off his head:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

There is some contrast going from Ray Foley's Breakfast Show on 98 where he finishes the show on a Friday at 10 with an uptempo 'weekend mix', it would put you in great form, and then going to Ray D'Arcy and listening to a poor girl basically grieving on air.

I think it's time to see if I can get away with listening to podcasts at work.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement