Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

hick wrote: »
    I switched over to Tom Dunne as soon as he got his own show and I know a good few others did too, much more light hearted, and less music. Beats the hells out of the tired format on the Ray D'arcy show

Are you serious? His show is painfull to listen too so fluffy it's embarrasing. But if you like it fair enough different strokes...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Col200sx wrote: »

Lets start a petition to get Anton Savage a permanent position!

Yep please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 samsung22

Anton Savage to replace that utter gimplord, 'bobblehead' Ray D'ARSEy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goingpostal

banned - 7 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

<mod edit> </mod edit>

Ranting about someones looks is beneath you man. Sure mouth off all you like about the show and their presenting style, but when you take it to looks, it demeans your whole argument.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 samsung22

God this place is like the former soviet union or Iraq with the amount of censorship and lack of freedom of speech!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

samsung22 wrote: »
    God this place is like the former soviet union or Iraq with the amount of censorship and lack of freedom of speech!!

Were you led to believe that there was freedom of speech on hosted message boards? If you were, and you've paid for that information, ask for a refund. You've been misled.

Freedom of speech is wonderful. It protects your right to voice your opinion publicly about the government, society in general, or whatever.

What it does not protect your right to do is voice your thoughts inappropriately where it is stated specifically that voicing your thoughts in said manner is against the rules (eg., adults wandering onto a playground full of kids to shout about how enormous their knob is; or, as in this case, posting personal comments about people on a message board when the board charter expressly forbids it. )

Incidentally, Anton Savage was a breath of fresh air. He was fresh and witty, and almost made a Jason Byrne interview listenable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

it didn't take you long to figure that out samsung. Any more comments on moderation, feel free to PM me and we can discuss it like adults. If you post moderation comments on thread, you'll get a ban. it's up to you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Cosmo K

+1 for Anton!

I really hope, someone in today fm follows this thread.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭JoeFitz89

Anton Savage to replace that utter gimplord, 'bobblehead' Ray D'ARSEy

You couldnt of said a better word ray darcy should not be on the wireless is show is very bad.

Dont get me started on ray foley i cant believe he gets paid to do it

Anton Savage takeover!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

JoeFitz89 wrote: »
    You couldnt of !

wtf what does this mean???????????????????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

What a real pity Anton Savage has finished up now in place of Ray. I've smiled and laughed all week listening to him, and even his weird-and-random taste in music was cool too.

Although even if someone in Today FM followed this thread, all they'd say is "The listenership figures speak for themselves".

Pity, as I think the 9-12 slot would gain a lot more listeners if it was "The Anton Savage Show".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

wtf what does this mean???????????????????
    That's what I was wondering too. I'd say Joe was on the hop from school a lot.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

spelling mistakes happen. Worry about your own spelling and grammar, and don't take the thread off topic. thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

tbh wrote: »
    spelling mistakes happen. Worry about your own spelling and grammar, and don't take the thread off topic. thanks.
    Ok, no worries. Wasn't intending on offending anyone. :)

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

tbh wrote: »

no insult intended. have seen this alot and was just wondering if it was regional slang or what ? i make my fair share of errors too but this one has always amused me. thats all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭akaredtop

I don't know. Ray Darcy is bad but Anton Savage is a bit of a pain to listen to. He is only there because he was born with a silver spoon stuck up his a*se. His mammy and daddy have helped him along the way.

akaredtop wrote: »
    I don't know. Ray Darcy is bad but Anton Savage is a bit of a pain to listen to. He is only there because he was born with a silver spoon stuck up his a*se. His mammy and daddy have helped him along the way.

if you don't expand that post explaining exactly why that is the case by 1800 today, I'm going to ban you for three days. I don't mind criticism, but this kind of vague accusation cheapens the forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

He is only there because he was born with a silver spoon stuck up his a*se. His mammy and daddy have helped him along the way.

Alleged cutlery/orifice related birth defects notwithstanding, the general consensus is that Savage is good at his job.

Personally, I agree with the majority of posters here who've thrown in their tuppence worth. I think he's a natural on the airwaves, he's professional, pleasant, has decent taste in music and can hold his own on a variety of subjects (throwaway or serious) without ever descending into the same kind of self-important righteousness that Ray D'arcy has been regularly guilty of.

If you're going to pick on the guy, it should really be because of something you perceive him to be doing badly, not because of how much money you reckon his parents have.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

in all fairnes this thread gives him even more "air"
    just dont listen to him if you dont like him.

• Advertisement

I've changed my mind about the ban - but if you're not willing to make the effort in future, don't post.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭leddpipe

I AM NOT CRITICISING..

..but it is widely accepted that Savage has been gifted opportunities from a political, and media point of view.
    He has had an easy ride, facilitated by his parents!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭Heckler

http://www.personallyspeaking.ie/anton_savage_138.html

Once again I have been wrecked by actually seeing a picture of someone I hear on the radio. I thought savage was way older. As much as D'arcy is a pain in the hole I dunno if I could take much more of Anton. He's heading down the Tom Dunne road of laughing (in a bad way) at everything. Like this half silent haha no matter what the topic.

Listener: dog just got run over

Tom Dunne/Anton Savage: Thats (haha) (very quietly) terrible.

Tis like they are both on prozac or valium or some such. Like they are very disconnected from whats going on. Its hard to describe but it drives me nuts. Like Tom Dunne could get a call to say a loved one has just been killed in a road accident and he'd be like "no way (soft chortle) thats insaaaane".

I did like Tom as a standin for Righteous Ray though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goingpostal

eh, i'm back, eh, after getting banned, eh, after letting, eh, my enormous hatred, eh, of D'ARSEy, eh, get the, eh, better of me, eh, in a burst, eh, of personalised, eh, vitriole. do i get an odd-one out hoody for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭UpCork

Haven't been able to listen for the past few days and just caught a bit of it now.

Have they mentioned why Jenny has taken some time off? Is she coming back?

Just curious?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Getting a bit boring he is these days, still listenable, but ray foley is climing above him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

UpCork wrote: »
    Haven't been able to listen for the past few days and just caught a bit of it now.

Have they mentioned why Jenny has taken some time off? Is she coming back?

Just curious?

Heard this morning that she's off on "paternal" leave. Said something about taking 14 weeks off.

Only listening this morning for Mumford and Sons, should be awesome, they're on now, doing a white lies cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

His interview with Mumford and Sons is painful.
    It's like listening to your Dad interviewing the Prodigy.

• Advertisement

BaZmO* wrote: »
    His interview with Mumford and Sons is painful.
    It's like listening to your Dad interviewing the Prodigy.

Interview is poor, but the band are quite good, their cover was very good, looking forward to the next song, then on towards ray foley!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement