Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭beetlebailey

Interview is poor, but the band are quite good, their cover was very good, looking forward to the next song, then on towards ray foley!!

Ray Foley???

You say that like its a good thing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Interview is poor, but the band are quite good, their cover was very good, looking forward to the next song, then on towards ray foley!!

Ray Foley???

You say that like its a good thing!

It is.

Best Dj on the radio on any station, at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭whodoo

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    It is.

Welcome to the thread Mr Foley

:D

whodoo wrote: »
    Welcome to the thread Mr Foley

:D

lol, comedy is subjective, some people will like his style, some people wont.

lazy radio thursday week!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

It is.

Are you 16?

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Advertisement

el diablo wrote: »
    Are you 16?

If i was 16 i would be in school when he is on.

Nice try, but next time, use some common sense ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Lads (& ladies) keep the bickering to a minimum please.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Hollyg'lightly

Both the Rays, well i think they can be classified as gimps, a pair a prize gimps. I liked Ray D'Arcy on the Den, when he was laughing you really felt as if he was really really laughing. Remember the fights with the evil Ted? They were class!!!
    On radio hes a bit too cool for school, a bit too he will go along with whatever is liberal, if its liberal its grand, a bit of aul gimp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭quietobserver

i agree Holly G

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goingpostal

A technical conundrum for Holly Go Lightly. Is he just a run-of-the-mill gimp or is he THE LORD OF THE GIMPS?. Any chance of Breakfast at Tiffany's, where we could discuss his exact levels of gimpiness?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

That last few minutes was tough listening.

Tony Fenton on the show chatting to D'Arcy about voicing for Tomtom Satnav.

Cringing listening to the two of them:o

Col200sx wrote: »
    That last few minutes was tough listening.

Tony Fenton on the show chatting to D'Arcy about voicing for Tomtom Satnav.

Cringing listening to the two of them:o

Then why did you?? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Then why did you?? :confused:

I'm wondering that myself right now:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭icanhearjimi

"eh text number, eh, or email the show eh, at eh ray eh @ eh todayfm eh .com eh......text number eh" followed by a U2 song.
    Little Gobsh*t

or that text he forever used to reads out: "my 2 year old is dancing around the kitchen listening to that song"
    ....yawn.....

stopped listening to daytime radio bout 6 months ago. best move ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,886 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Stop going on about f*cking railings!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

basquille wrote: »
    Stop going on about f*cking railings!
    what's he saying about railings?

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Can he get arrested for f*cking railings?:eek:

I find his use of swear words very annoying. What is he trying to prove? That he is hard, edgy, with it? It fails, Ray, it fails. It just accentuates how desperate you are to appear relevant. And they are always pretty tame swear words too, like píss, gobshíte, and such. Never anything really strong. He is like your mid-forties male relative, who is trying really hard to be down wit da kidz, but everyone can see what a total loser he is. And has anyone noticed that even good songs sound rubbish when he plays them? I think the overall shítness of his show seeps into the songs, like an overflowing septic tank.

And they are always pretty tame swear words too, like píss, gobshíte, and such. Never anything really strong.
    It is 9am though.. there's a certain tolerance for swear-words but they can't go nuts!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Jimmyboss

It is 9am though.. there's a certain tolerance for swear-words but they can't go nuts!

Why bother at all, so????:rolleyes:

Jimmyboss wrote: »
    Why bother at all, so????:rolleyes:
    I don't know... to vent frustration maybe.

I don't know... to vent frustration maybe.

I definitely think it is a calculated ruse to show us all what a hard man he is, and how cool he is. He is a the OVERLORD OF THE GIMPS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

I definitely think it is a calculated ruse to show us all what a hard man he is, and how cool he is. He is a the OVERLORD OF THE GIMPS!

He's still streets ahead of the idiot over on RTE 2, though.....had the misfortune to hear a few minutes of that this morning, and it was the most boring and pointless radio I've heard in a long time (and that's saying something in this country!)

Gerry (with the bass turned up to the last to sound "cool and deep") :
    "So you put a can of Budweiser up the arse of a chicken - do you you open it ?"

Caller with IQ of 2 :
    "Well, that's the point, you're supposed to. But I didn't"

Caller proceeds to still tell the rest of the story, even though the punchline was ruined, and Gerry didn't stop him.

3 mins later, when someone else rang, he proceeded to name-drop some restaurant or other "in town" (I presume he meant Dublin but just couldn't be arsed respecting non-Dub listeners) and let on that he knew the owner, etc...

D'Arcy's show is poor at times (it was at its best a few weeks back when Anton Savage was on) but the above was so ****e - not even interesting enough for a mickey-mouse local/community radio station - it's made me appreciate D'Arcy again.....

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    He's still streets ahead of the idiot over on RTE 2, though.....had the misfortune to hear a few minutes of that this morning, it's made me appreciate D'Arcy again.....

It must have been really bad....
    ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭dwayman

Mark 00 wrote: »
    Is anybody getting tired of the Ray D'arcy show. well not so much the show but rather him and his moral highground. If i'm looking for an opinionated gobs**te, there are plenty of other shows. His show used to be just about havin a laugh and not takin things too seriously but in the last year or so he cant seem to talk about anything without giving a big opinionated spiel about whats right, (coz if its his opinion, then obviously it has to be right). Bring back the old days when he used to brighten up our mornings.

April 2007 and still relevant. His show should be taken out and put down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 RomanticIreland

While Ray is certainly playing the voice of everyone’s conscience these days and general pissing everyone off.

Its the girls I have a problem with....THEY DO NOT REPRESENT EVERY WOMAN IN IRELAND.....I actually heard some lady refer to one of them as a "role model for woman in Ireland."

What delusional planet did that lady come from? Have these people not heard of Countess Markievicz, Lady Jane Wilde, Nell Mccafferty and the Woman's Liberation Party to name but a few.

Please! These two can only tell you how to appear less orange when you apply fake tan, ground breaking indeed but most of us don't care about such trival details after the age of 19 or some blessed people got it earlier.

I can not find it in myself to understand the bases for this delusional woman's comment. I am a woman in my mid twenties and can not relate to these two or what they advocate.

SHUT UP! SHUT UP! SHUT UP!.....(both of you) YOU DO NOT REPRESENT ME or the mind set of every woman and man in Ireland.

I'm sick to death of the sexism portrayed to both Men and Woman on this show with your mast generalisations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 RomanticIreland

I hasten to add that if they were trying to be 'funny' by expressing these generalisations then I would most likely laugh but these two are serious in their opinions hence my disgust.

I am only ashamed I listened to them for so long without speaking out. Well now I’m tuning out for good.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭hick

I wonder how often they have a look on this thread or to they just think it's a small minded minority so why bother,

Just in case they do... this thread has stayed alive for 2.5 years....it's well worth noting

• Advertisement

While Ray is certainly playing the voice of everyone’s conscience these days and general pissing everyone off.

Its the girls I have a problem with....THEY DO NOT REPRESENT EVERY WOMAN IN IRELAND.....I actually heard some lady refer to one of them as a "role model for woman in Ireland."

What delusional planet did that lady come from? Have these people not heard of Countess Markievicz, Lady Jane Wilde, Nell Mccafferty and the Woman's Liberation Party to name but a few.

Please! These two can only tell you how to appear less orange when you apply fake tan, ground breaking indeed but most of us don't care about such trival details after the age of 19 or some blessed people got it earlier.

I can not find it in myself to understand the bases for this delusional woman's comment. I am a woman in my mid twenties and can not relate to these two or what they advocate.

SHUT UP! SHUT UP! SHUT UP!.....(both of you) YOU DO NOT REPRESENT ME or the mind set of every woman and man in Ireland.

I'm sick to death of the sexism portrayed to both Men and Woman on this show with your mast generalisations.

Great post. Everything, absolutely everything about this show gets on my nerves. Even just thinking about it causes a red cloud of anger and frustration to descend on me. Sometimes I struggle to articulate what exactly about this show gets on my títs. You have done a masterful job of elucidating the utter shítness of one aspect of this show. The self-importance of those two ladies is mindboggling. They deliver their opinions totally pokerfaced and deadly serious, as if what they think is of massive consequence, just because they are "on de radio". I can assure you that you would get more sense out of the two-week old cabbage at the bottom of my fridge, than you would get from the entire Ray D'ARSEy show team. He was making stupid noises with his tongue and his mouth this morning, while discussing various contestants on the X-Factor. Like a two year old. The guy next to me at work was guffawing along to it, like it was Richard Pryor, circa 1979. I worry about him, I truly do. This show is like a dog that has lived way too long, with mange, three legs, and a bad attitude problem, that needs to be put down humanely by a vet, posthaste.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement