Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Jaysus if he says one more time "Can we all not just get along" with reference to the public and private sector I'll go mad.

And this idea of people giving each other a hug today:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭hick

sure just stop listening and it won't annoy you anymore

worked a treat for me! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,886 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Uri Geller's on now.. NUTBALL!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭whodoo

very funny. caught glimpses of the old ray d'arcy. but every so often he'd resort back to the smarmy smart ar$e. why slag off the guy in the green leather jacket? he makes himself look like a ponce.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

I was driving into work this morning and caught the tail-end of a letter Ray was reading out. After playing a song Ray began to read out texts/e-mails of people saying "thats a horrible story," "I feel so bad for that girl," "Revenue should be ashamed" etc...

Anyone care to fill me in on what was so bad?
    Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I was driving into work this morning and caught the tail-end of a letter Ray was reading out. After playing a song Ray began to read out texts/e-mails of people saying "thats a horrible story," "I feel so bad for that girl," "Revenue should be ashamed" etc...

Anyone care to fill me in on what was so bad?
    Cheers.
    Basically a woman emailed in a story about her Dad's small business failing due to the recession and then he got extremely sick. Then the revenue came after him for a fairly small amount and I think he got even sicker (may have died due to the stress) but got no sympathy from them. It was on in the background so I couldn't really hear it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

There he goes again - effing his head off for the sake of it.
    what a dumb ass muppet!!

It's not big and it's not clever :mad:

I find it hilarious he feels necessary to "eff" this and that to make his point..

.. but why does he always say "that son of a b" and "that big b" - "bitch" and "bastard" is not nearly as offensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭ClutchIt

basquille wrote: »
    I find it hilarious he feels necessary to "eff" this and that to make his point..

.. but why does he always say "that son of a b" and "that big b" - "bitch" and "bastard" is not nearly as offensive.

Probably because he's a bloody Nazi now that he has a kid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭buzz55

Is Jenny pregnant again by any chance? She seems to be out a lot lately. Imagine what he'll be like if they do have a second child :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

This is quite funny to see see all the people posting their alleged hatred for the show yet still continue to listen to it and point out its flaws.

If you don't like it then listen to something else. Nobody is forcing you to listen to it.

Pathetic really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

That_Guy wrote: »
    This is quite funny to see see all the people posting their alleged hatred for the show yet still continue to listen to it and point out its flaws.

If you don't like it then listen to something else. Nobody is forcing you to listen to it.

Pathetic really.

Not actually entirely true, i used to work with my uncle and brother doing painting...

we worked for the uncle, he got choice of radio station and made me listen to today fm... you dont always have the choice of radio station.

and in fact, i know of several people who work in office type situations, and dont get choice either, today fm or spin or whatever is always on, and never changed.

So stop trying to cause some anarchy with your snide remarks, and use some common sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭high horse

Tom Dunnes show is on Newstalk at the same time. Why would anybody listen to Darcy when Tom Dunne is on? :confused:

I've always found Tom Dunne as boring as drab as D'arcy to be honest..

.. podcasts FTW!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

I've always found Tom Dunne as boring as drab as D'arcy to be honest..

.. podcasts FTW!

I can't help but agree with you here... i listen to my phone now during the day, turn on ray foley and then back onto the phone, cause tony fento really drives me nuts aswell... so so so cheesy...

Radio is dying slowly, but surely!!

:Off topic, Bas, you know any good podcasts to listen to actually??? I've been listening to stuff you should know, which is very good, but they're pretty short.

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    :Off topic, Bas, you know any good podcasts to listen to actually??? I've been listening to stuff you should know, which is very good, but they're pretty short.
    I've been listening to a lot less frequently with work being busy.. but if you like your humour quite immature and childish:

Red Bar Radio (RBR) (not particularly politically correct but I always keep up-to-date on this and I love it.. but it's full of in-jokes you'll only get as a regular listener)
    Nobody Likes Onions (NLO) (I'm behind on this but it's quite enjoyable)

Not for everyone but they are based in the US, and hosted or co-hosted by comedians (RBR based in Chicago, and NLO based in Florida).

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    Not actually entirely true, i used to work with my uncle and brother doing painting...

we worked for the uncle, he got choice of radio station and made me listen to today fm... you dont always have the choice of radio station.

You used to work with your uncle when he made you listen to Today FM. Why continue to listen?
    and in fact, i know of several people who work in office type situations, and dont get choice either, today fm or spin or whatever is always on, and never changed.

It's very easy to drown out the radio in an office type job. Trust me I've done it. The radio is never on extremely loud thus drowning out people. It's always kept relatively low.
    If you want to listen to the radio you'll concentrate on listening to it and if you're not interested in listening you can easily ignore it.
    You may not have the choice of radio station but you certainly have the choice of whether or not you want to listen.
    So stop trying to cause some anarchy with your snide remarks, and use some common sense.

LOL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭whodoo

That_Guy wrote: »
    You used to work with your uncle when he made you listen to Today FM. Why continue to listen?

You may not have the choice of radio station but you certainly have the choice of whether or not you want to listen.

Maybe he doesn't anymore. still means he has an opinion having listened to the show. same as me.

Also, there are times when the radio is on somewhere (shop/car/taxi and indeed work) and you just happen to hear. I don't think its a case of people sitting down beside the radio and listening to every word.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭am i bovvered

Not the biggest fan of the show, but the interview this morning with the head of the revenue was very very good, he really nailed it, but he had good reason after that e-mail was read out, shameful actions from the revenue.

How can anyone listen to Tom Dunne :confused: The most annoying voice on the radio, everything is faaantaaaaastic, I try now and again but can only stand it for 5 mins.

Radio between 9~10 is very poor... Tubridy reminds me of http://www.escapade.co.uk/ProductImages/SALEHIRE/Large/11393c-krusty-the-clown-cos.jpg
    You have to be in the mood for Ray and the women.
    Cannot put up with Tom Dunne, he is the worst of all.
    I'm ashamed to say it but when I am really stuck I listen to Gerry Ryan :eek::eek: its like sleeping with your skanky ex...

I'm off to post in "personal issues" now:o

Oh... thank god for Pat Kenny !!!!!!

• Advertisement

Not to get too far off-topic but Ian Dempsey is even worse than Ray D'Arcy.

I've never heard a radio personality who's been on the air for so long and won plenty of awards (though.. let's be honest, that's for 'Gift Grub') sound so unpolished and nervous on the radio.

I cringe every time he has a caller.. and he stumbles through conversation!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Not to get too far off-topic but Ian Dempsey is even worse than Ray D'Arcy.

I've never heard a radio personality who's been on the air for so long and won plenty of awards (though.. let's be honest, that's for 'Gift Grub') sound so unpolished and nervous on the radio.

I cringe every time he has a caller.. and he stumbles through conversation!

He's been on top for 25 years and is beating 2fm by a mile. Really nice guy he doesn't love himself either.

Badabing wrote: »
    He's been on top for 25 years and is beating 2fm by a mile. Really nice guy he doesn't love himself either.
    Maybe that's the case.. but I don't get it..

He just always sounds nervous and stumbles through any conversation with callers, I can't help but cringe.

Although I'm not a fan of 'Gift Grub' persé, Mario Rosenstock is a pro.. and is genuinely funny (even moreso when he's just being interviewed as himself.. not Bertie / Roy Keane etc)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goingpostal

Does he actually say "eff" and "effing" instead of "f*ck" and "f*cking"? I have never heard him say that, thank the FSM! That really takes the biscuit. I honestly believed that Righteous Ray the Moralising Muppet couldn't get anymore pathetic, but this has led me to revise my opinion. Evidently, his gimpiness knows neither depth nor limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

Not the biggest fan of the show, but the interview this morning with the head of the revenue was very very good, he really nailed it, but he had good reason after that e-mail was read out, shameful actions from the revenue.

How can anyone listen to Tom Dunne :confused: The most annoying voice on the radio, everything is faaantaaaaastic, I try now and again but can only stand it for 5 mins.

Radio between 9~10 is very poor... Tubridy reminds me of http://www.escapade.co.uk/ProductImages/SALEHIRE/Large/11393c-krusty-the-clown-cos.jpg
    You have to be in the mood for Ray and the women.
    Cannot put up with Tom Dunne, he is the worst of all.
    I'm ashamed to say it but when I am really stuck I listen to Gerry Ryan :eek::eek: its like sleeping with your skanky ex...

I'm off to post in "personal issues" now:o

Oh... thank god for Pat Kenny !!!!!!

not the shows biggest fan but they did a really good job today and credit to them for that.They and he get very little credit on this thread so a prop for doing something decent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 eoghand

Good Show Yesterday.

Maybe that's the case.. but I don't get it..

He just always sounds nervous and stumbles through any conversation with callers, I can't help but cringe.

Although I'm not a fan of 'Gift Grub' persé, Mario Rosenstock is a pro.. and is genuinely funny (even moreso when he's just being interviewed as himself.. not Bertie / Roy Keane etc)

To back up your point.

I agree that Ian Dempsey isn't great. I've not listened to him in a while but does he still yap away to Paul Collins on the half hour sports bulletin?

"So Paul, what does that mean now if Chelsea win"
    "Well Ian, it means they get 3 points and move up one place in the table..... and now golf..."
    "But what happens if they lose?"

And so on

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

i hear he was a sensationalist prick yesterday, but each to their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Did anyone hear Jeremy Clarkson talking to ray today, :rolleyes::rolleyes:.It was a pain to listen to it as ray has not a clue about cars as he admitted. He mentioned that he used to have a starlet and said " it was not rear wheel drive or front wheel drive", HELLO!! well then it could not move. Clarkson said it did not matter anyway cause it would not be going anywhere fast anyway. Ray said he was thinking of changing his current car cause he didn't use it much cause he cycles alot. He told him to get a golf, which he already has.

P.S just thought maybe he said he did not know whether it was fwd or rwd!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭enol

Just read the back end of this thread today, poor Ray, he's getting an awful roasting, at the risk of causing uproar, can I say I really like him & the show (mostly)! Well, enough of that, whats happened to Jenny - I mean whats really happened?? Usually when any one of them is off the show, some sort of referral is made to what they are doing while they are out; like when Mairead had swine flu, when Ray was off doing his Rose of Tralee thing blah blah.. But nothing seems to be mentioned about Jennys' abcense, like as if she was so unpopular that not only was she booted off the show, but even her name was never to be uttered again?!! Am I the only one that thinks this? The paternity leave seems like a lame excuse, would she not have taken all that when she first had the kid? All seems suspect to me, I think she's gone for good - can't say I'm too upset about it either, she was the only one that bugged the sh1t out of me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement