Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

enol wrote: »
    Just read the back end of this thread today, poor Ray, he's getting an awful roasting, at the risk of causing uproar, can I say I really like him & the show (mostly)! Well, enough of that, whats happened to Jenny - I mean whats really happened?? Usually when any one of them is off the show, some sort of referral is made to what they are doing while they are out; like when Mairead had swine flu, when Ray was off doing his Rose of Tralee thing blah blah.. But nothing seems to be mentioned about Jennys' abcense, like as if she was so unpopular that not only was she booted off the show, but even her name was never to be uttered again?!! Am I the only one that thinks this? The paternity leave seems like a lame excuse, would she not have taken all that when she first had the kid? All seems suspect to me, I think she's gone for good - can't say I'm too upset about it either, she was the only one that bugged the sh1t out of me.

I think I heard him say a while ago that she will be back in the new year. He did not say why, sorry!:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Rookster

I firmly believe he would say anything in order to look cool.He really is like an embarrasing uncle making a fool of himself in front of young people.
    He is not a man of principle and does'nt seem to have unshakeable views on anything.He is the Bertie Ahern of the airwaves.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭Shelflife

when tom dunne filled in for ray he was brilliant, i think the new format of more talk less music doesnt quiet suit him.

if he was allowed play more music he would be radio gold, would still listen to him over darcy though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Shelflife wrote: »
    when tom dunne filled in for ray he was brilliant, i think the new format of more talk less music doesnt quiet suit him.

if he was allowed play more music he would be radio gold, would still listen to him over darcy though.

Dunne is going for the Gerry Ryan audience tho, totally different to D'arcy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Did anyone hear him call the girl stupid this morning? She was on for the just a minute quiz. She just hung up i think. Fair play to her. Id have freaked out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Deedsie wrote: »
    Did anyone hear him call the girl stupid this morning? She was on for the just a minute quiz. She just hung up i think. Fair play to her. Id have freaked out.
    Girl just texted him back to say that she was just cut off and wasn't offended so maybe it's just you?

Were you also outraged at Jonathan Ross and Russell Brand's behaviour?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Girl just texted him back to say that she was just cut off and wasn't offended so maybe it's just you?

Strange that nobody EVER texts in any critical texts.....or perhaps they just don't read anything out?

Just on Monday he was reviewing the papers and mentioned a picture of Cheryl Cole hugging that Joe fella who won it, Ray says "what a waste of a hug"??? Then they mentioned George Michael and the girl Mairead? mentioned she loved him, so Ray says you love George...or rather The George!

Is he a closet Homophobe????!??

Someone I know texted in to ask what he meant by it.....no mention on the air.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

BaZmO* wrote: »

It doesnt matter if she text him. It was the height of ignorance.

He is just the type of guy you would avoid in the pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

jimmyw wrote: »
    I think I heard him say a while ago that she will be back in the new year. He did not say why, sorry!:(

ya he said she would be back in the new year, taking 14 weeks parental leave. he rang her on air today so assuming all is ok!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Strange that nobody EVER texts in any critical texts.....or perhaps they just don't read anything out?

Someone I know texted in to ask what he meant by it.....no mention on the air.

That's interesting, especially given that so many of the texts are just repetitive drivel.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

That's interesting, especially given that so many of the texts are just repetitive drivel.
    eg. Mick the plasterer from Tullamore telling us how delicious his breakfast roll is. :rolleyes:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭salad dodger

el diablo wrote: »
    eg. Mick the plasterer from Tullamore telling us how delicious his breakfast roll is. :rolleyes:

And if he's crying at just how delicious that roll is he's guaranteed a mention.:)

He loves people crying while listening to his show does Ray!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

And if he's crying at just how delicious that roll is he's guaranteed a mention.:)

He loves people crying while listening to his show does Ray!:rolleyes:

Also reading out texts in his montone voice about the person he is interviewing to the person he is interviewing, twat, wanker.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,969 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

His bike was nicked in Donnybrook yesterday morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goingpostal

Planet X wrote: »

Well it wasn't that fat cúnt Gerry Ryan who stole it anyway. The guards can rule that blob right out of their investigation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Planet X wrote: »

God that was so dreary to listen to - though it was quite hilarious as he envisaged the thief - or thieves - monitoring his movements as they plotted to pounce on the bike as soon as he let his guard down... His egotism knows absolutely no bounds. Just a few minutes later he derided a nonsense piece in one of the papers in which the writer didn't know - harrumph - the details of his family life. Imagine, Ray! Somebody who doesn't listen to your show!

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭wobbles-grogan

Is it just me or is that man getting worse every day?
    The last 2 to 3 days he kept goin on about the fact he thinks the minister for transport should have cancelled his holidays and come home early to manage the road conditions blah blah blah blah.
    What the **** was he gonna do if he came back to Ireland? Grit the bloody roads himself?

Hes has underlings and things set up to do all these things. For example - the RSA, the NRA and ALL the county and town councils in Ireland. Anyway, its a once in a hundred years cold front. Nothing, and i repeat, NOTHING anyone can do about it.
    Same thing he did with the floods back in november, whined. At least ray foley actualy did something good with the whining and helped out.

And yes, i do realise that people will tell me to change the station, but its on in work and i cant turn it off!

He must have stopped taking his HRT tablets again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭icanhearjimi

Eh ray eh @ eh todayfm eh .com eh followed by, eh text number eh eh
    Get this fool off the radio, no one cares about your personal life. Delighted for him getting his bike robbed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭hick

And yes, i do realise that people will tell me to change the station, but its on in work and i cant turn it off!

start sending out CV's :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

just wondering but i thought this seemed the place to ask.

my boss has got me working on a project and wants to use songs she has heard on the TRDS but she doesn't know the name words tune anything.

i was wondering short of emailing the show itself and asking, is there anyway of finding out the playlist for the show today the 11/01/09?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

my boss has got me working on a project and wants to use songs she has heard on the TRDS but she doesn't know the name words tune anything.

i was wondering short of emailing the show itself and asking, is there anyway of finding out the playlist for the show today the 11/01/09?

And what exactly are you going to email them?

Does you boss actually have any clues as to the what any of the songs might be?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

As far as I remember he plays the same songs every day.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Yeah, email them and ask for the playlist. They might reply, they might not. The playlist should be on file though. If they do reply, get the playlist and YouTube the song names until you find what you're looking for. Job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bazkennedy

basically your boss wants paolo nutini's album

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

bazkennedy wrote: »
    basically your boss wants paolo nutini's album

i have to admit that was the first question i asked. but no it is one of the other songs he plays.

i did email no joy as of yet

i have to admit that was the first question i asked. but no it is one of the other songs he plays.

i did email no joy as of yet

Ray is probably too busy shoving his head up his own árse to reply. Give the man time, he is very busy exploring his own psyche to find the meaning of the universe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Barname

i feel sorry for the kid

can you imagine having to share the air with Ray and Jenny?

thats child abuse IMO

• Advertisement

Is there anything Ray Darcy would not agree with as long as he thought it was the cool thing to do.He just flaps in the wind. Has the man got a mind of his own.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement