Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 ButtonyBoo

haven't been able to listen to this in a while. Where is Jenny Kelly gone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

Rookster wrote: »
    Is there anything Ray Darcy would not agree with as long as he thought it was the cool thing to do.He just flaps in the wind. Has the man got a mind of his own.

eh, no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Barname

ray says he broke his toe

he says he broke it while chasing his kid

if I was his kid, I would run too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Barname wrote: »

What do you mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭leddpipe

Barname wrote: »

I lol'd!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Back on form again with his brilliant insighful saying of: "ad hoc willy nilly".

Jaysus will ya shut up with that already:rolleyes:

Anybody hear your man on the Odd One Out Quiz this morning before 10am?

Andrew, the guy who lived at home til 32, and only moved out when he got married, effectively slated his wife on national radio saying she doesn't cook as well as his mother and grand mother, and she can't iron, so he has to do it himself?

Doubt he'll be in the wives best books today........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goingpostal

Its a lot better to read about his show, than listen to it. thank you for your service.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

Its a lot better to read about his show, than listen to it. thank you for your service.
    Yes, that's true. I do the same. We can hear about all the bad bits without actually having to listen to him. :cool:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goingpostal

I listened to about 3 seconds of him yesterday. My car radio happened to be on Today FM when I turned it on. Guess what? He was bellowing about something.

'we are all engrossed in the Lillis case'

yes, 'we' all are Ray :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

for one thing the odd one out quiz must be the most boring no, annoying quiz ever.
    maybe it had a lifespan of a few months but couldnt believe it when i heard it this morn.
    are there any adults who listen to this show on a regular basis? i can see why school kids or maybe ex blackboard jungle hanger oners might listen but really its pretty immature and which is fine if its interesting but not imho.

for one thing the odd one out quiz must be the most boring no, annoying quiz ever.
    maybe it had a lifespan of a few months but couldnt believe it when i heard it this morn.
    are there any adults who listen to this show on a regular basis? i can see why school kids or maybe ex blackboard jungle hanger oners might listen but really its pretty immature and which is fine if its interesting but not imho.

"Primera, Punto, Clio"
    "Cabbage, turnip, banana"
    "Paris, Bordeaux, Berlin"

Yo're right about that odd one out quiz and I can't believe he's still doing it.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

I dont know how people listen to this opinionated little eejit. Heard his bike was robbed, delighted for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭denhaagenite

I listen to the show because I always have and it helps me deal with homesickness a bit but I had to switch it off this morning when he was attacking some economist about NAMA and the poor people who overspent in the good days. He sounds like some spotty teenager in an interschools debate. I stuck my fingers down my throat and felt a bit better :). Obviously people shouldn't have a clue what they can afford Ray, obviously!

You know by the tone in his voice that it's not really an issue in his mind, he's just looking for the ratings. Stick to battle of the sexes shows Ray, it suits you better, and stop playing Paulo Nutini!!! I bought the album last year and I can't listen to it now- the dog even starts crying when she hears "GOT FOOD IN MY BELLY AND A LICENCE FOR MY TELLY AND NOTHING'S GONNA BRING ME DOWN!!"

ya agree with above. in fact the tubs show is a good little production in comparison. interesting topics with informed 'casual' guests and nothing is overdone. tubs asks the right questions in the right tone. sorry rayzor

the self centred gobsheen is so vapid and burned out that he has made a production out of his 'broken' toe

I reckon the way him and Jenny are sniping it must be his mickey thats broken

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Jaysus Jim Corr and Ray D'Arcy were pretty squaring up this morning on the show........

2 muppets trading on-air-audio-punches:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I think the abuse that Ray gets on this thread is generally unwarranted but he made a total fool of himself with that interview. I think that he thought that he'd get aul tinfoil hat man on to have a good aul laugh at him and it spectacularly backfired.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I think the abuse that Ray gets on this thread is generally unwarranted but he made a total fool of himself with that interview. I think that he thought that he'd get aul tinfoil hat man on to have a good aul laugh at him and it spectacularly backfired.
    Is there anywhere I can hear this "interview"?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭denhaagenite

I doubt it. He very cleverly (or cowardly) never seems to put the interviews where he goes off on a tangent on podcast.

He's just a shouter really- even when Will was trying to say that it was only an opinion he just talked more loudly to make his point. Just realised he must be a nightmare to work with aswell.

All his causes... He doesn't give Irish people enough credit with his father- figure type tactics. Then again, maybe he's spot on and just what we need and even want. We seem too ready to place blame on everything and everyone instead of just taking it on the chin which is exactly what he's doing. He's in the media, and just pandering to popular culture.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 storybud1

ray has become a tad annoying lately...also i think will is very out of place on the prog..also hate the way jenny and ray patronise him...no idea why he stays..he's actually a bit too clever for such a fluffy show

ray prob thought to himself here goes easy pickings. i'll make a fool of him all the while trying to be the big man and say its 'only my opinion' that big of u ray.

trying to be popular doesnt always make it so ray.

even brendan o connor tried to resist mocking him on tv the last night and for the most part and gave him some respect. it would have been easy to have a laugh at him but he just about held back.

if i remember jim wasnt trying to force his opinion on anyone. he might have probs but shouldnt be used for material.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

the "what does your family think of this" remark was a bit uncalled for, I think.

Anyway people aren't going to listen to Jim Corr so I doubt he's going to stop people getting the vaccine.
    I suppose the stuff JIm Corr says is mind provoking and that in its self isnt a bad thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭markok84

I punched the radio this morning listening to this drivel. I can't believe I even waste my time listening to that sanctimonious bast*rd (D'Arse-y) There is literally nothing else to listen to though in the mornings, so it's MP3 from now on until Matt Cooper in the evening. Another thing he keeps going on about is "his opinion", you don't have an opinion Ray! Opinions are informed by looking at and acknowledging all view points on a subject. He just has a point of view, and a warped one at that. Argh. Give Will his own show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 SPEDFED

oh will you stop!
    and did anyone notice how he failed to read out any messages in support of Corr, only the ones that painted him in a righteous light!
    jeesus id love to burst em!

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭hick

tempted to email him a link of this thread.....
    daily

hick wrote: »
    tempted to email him a link of this thread.....
    daily
    I'm sure he's already seen it.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭hick

markok84 wrote: »
    I'm sure he's already seen it.

ah yeh but we'll want to keep him updated

hick wrote: »
    ah yeh but we'll want to keep him updated
    maybe we should do a shawshank redemption on it, and send him an email everyday linking this until he gets off the air.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,454 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

markok84 wrote: »
    maybe we should do a shawshank redemption on it, and send him an email everyday linking this until he gets off the air.

He has his own radio show and gets a huge salary.

I'd say he's bothered by what posters say on boards :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement