Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Cosmo K

rarnes1 wrote: »
    He has his own radio show and gets a huge salary.

I was thinking about that today, what do you guys think, how much money is he on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭markok84

He has his own radio show and gets a huge salary.

I'd say he's bothered by what posters say on boards :rolleyes:
    well if he isn't, he should be. Everyone knows that boards.ie is the voice of the nation. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,454 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Cosmo K wrote: »
    I was thinking about that today, what do you guys think, how much money is he on?

No idea, I'd have a wild guess at 250k ? I could be way off

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

No idea, I'd have a wild guess at 250k ? I could be way off
    I think you might be right. I remember a few years ago he was talking about wages (Bertie's I think) and he said that he was on around the same which was €250K

I don't begrudge him it though, he works for a private company so it's nobody's business.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Cosmo K

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I think you might be right. I remember a few years ago he was talking about wages (Bertie's I think) and he said that he was on around the same which was €250K

I don't begrudge him it though, he works for a private company so it's nobody's business.

Nothing to do with begrudgery, I really was just curios.

• Advertisement

Cosmo K wrote: »
    Nothing to do with begrudgery, I really was just curios.
    I never said you were begrudging him his pay, I was just pre-empting the usual, "He's not worth that amount" or "How dare they pay him that amount" type comments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goingpostal

He's not worth that amount. How dare they pay him that much!!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Rookster

But at least the general public is not threatened with jail to pay his wages.Unlike the scenario with that fella Ryan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

Haven't noticed a change over time. He's always been crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

flicked on for a few secs this am.

he was on about fizzle sticks or something.

cutting edge radio.

• Advertisement

flicked on for a few secs this am.

he was on about fizzle sticks or something.

cutting edge radio.
    Is it supposed to be cutting edge radio?

i don't know. i'd say he'd prefer if it was.
    but maybe he's aiming at a certain listenership that appreciates all things eh, er, fizzle stickslike, eh, type of thing.

It's just fluff, and it always was. People on this thread take it all too seriously.

fair enough i take your point re fluff and i suppose it is what it is....but........ look i think he's not radio material. even tubs when he was doing that annoyoing breakfast show on 2fm i didnt like it. but i'll admit the guy is smart and a good on-the-air thinker and his shows are not mumbling or amateurish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭Shayman

Ah he's just a patronising little ****. Yer man Will sounds quite intellegent tho. Maybe he should have a shot at it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

I chuckled to myself today when he played ♫ He's mister know-it-all ... ♫
    :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 579 ✭✭✭panama

Off-topic I know but just had to vent, as monotonous as D'arcy has become I simply cannot stand a second of that waster Foley and his cohorts in the afternoon which I sometimes have to endure during my working day.
    What pushes me over the edge apart from the inane rubbish they try to pass off as light hearted entertainment is their ability to somehow ruin every song they play by either talking over the start or end of it or by inserting some 'hilarious' sound effect whilst it's playing often at the chorus or whatever. T*ats of the highest order.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Rumours I hear is that he's not going to be around much longer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

zuroph wrote: »

Who? Foley?

RTE?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

I hope that's true.

Otherwise you can't say something like that, getting our hopes up only for it not to be true:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

panama wrote: »
    Off-topic I know but just had to vent, as monotonous as D'arcy has become I simply cannot stand a second of that waster Foley and his cohorts in the afternoon which I sometimes have to endure during my working day.
    What pushes me over the edge apart from the inane rubbish they try to pass off as light hearted entertainment is their ability to somehow ruin every song they play by either talking over the start or end of it or by inserting some 'hilarious' sound effect whilst it's playing often at the chorus or whatever. T*ats of the highest order.
    Yep, that show is rubbish. I've no idea why it's so popular. :confused:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

el diablo wrote: »
    Yep, that show is rubbish. I've no idea why it's so popular. :confused:
    Country people

kraggy wrote: »
    Who? Foley?

RTE?!
    Col200sx wrote: »
    I hope that's true.

Otherwise you can't say something like that, getting our hopes up only for it not to be true:D
    I Can't really say more, AFAIK its not widely known, but there's a major shakeup coming in Today FM, and all the clues are pointing towards a new DJ taking his show eventually, after a blooding-in on another time-slot. I can't say who as this might get in the way of negotiations, as I know this DJ was asked to bring his/her contract from current employer up to Marconi house for negotiations.

What I do know is the show isnt polling as well as it was, communicorp are looking for ways to save money and darcy's show is the most expensive. Other rumours about the staffs personal lives would also add weight to the chances of it coming to an end soon.

Other rumours about the staffs personal lives would also add weight to the chances of it coming to an end soon.
    :confused: Interesting. Haven't heard any rumours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Other rumours about the staffs personal lives would also add weight to the chances of it coming to an end soon.

either tell us what the rumours are, or don't mention them at all - thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Country people

Which country ? It had better not be dem damned Romanians again, coming over here and influencing our radio stations !!

tbh wrote: »
    either tell us what the rumours are, or don't mention them at all - thanks.
    I didn't think this was the place, hence I mentioned them only as an aside at the end. Talk over on television Forum about Maireads missing wedding ring for a few months, and hints towards same on the show, plus theres various rumours about exactly why Jenny Kelly is absent for time being, stress being a recurring one.

I didn't think this was the place, hence I mentioned them only as an aside at the end. Talk over on television Forum about Maireads missing wedding ring for a few months, and hints towards same on the show, plus theres various rumours about exactly why Jenny Kelly is absent for time being, stress being a recurring one.

Link to above in red please, can't find anything under a search of "Mairead" & "Farrell":confused:

Interesting what you you've written there though, maybe the end is in sight so.......

Link to above in red please, can't find anything under a search of "Mairead" & "Farrell":confused:

Interesting what you you've written there though, maybe the end is in sight so.......
    So the show is over because someone's not wearing her wedding ring? Don't be silly.

I did notice that her ring was missing when she was on the Panel though.

• Advertisement

So the show is over because someone's not wearing her wedding ring? Don't be silly

I didn't say that:rolleyes: Read my post again.

All of the points raised above by Zuroph, they could well be contributing factors into the show finishing, that's why I said:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement