Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

You should really make your points more clear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

Ray has always had a 'thing' for Mairead. The way he keeps asking her to show her feet and reading out texts about her.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Country people

Yep, he (and Ray Foley) seem to be big down the country but not so popular in Dublin..

A bit like Supermacs.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 21,009 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

NickDrake wrote: »
    Ray has always had a 'thing' for Mairead. The way he keeps asking her to show her feet and reading out texts about her.
    ok this thread is heading into bad territory, there is more than enough ammo out there without resorting to their personal relationships,.... the stupid head on him with thte half dyed hair.....state of him!

ok this thread is heading into bad territory, there is more than enough ammo out there without resorting to their personal relationships,.... the stupid head on him with thte half dyed hair.....state of him!
    He's got an odd shaped head so it's probably better he didn't shave it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Indeed.

Can we please keep to things that are relevant to the show.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Slidey wrote: »
    Indeed.

Can we please keep to things that are relevant to the show.

Thanks
    As I said, I didnt want to go down that route, but was asked to elaborate by another radio mod.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

zuroph wrote: »
    As I said, I didnt want to go down that route, but was asked to elaborate by another radio mod.

just so as you know - what I was trying to avoid was the "guess what I heard down the pub" thing.

If you've enough faith in your sources, you can say it, because you can back it up.

If you don't, don't even say that you heard anything.

I was actually expecting you to say nothing :) - that's my fault.

tbh wrote: »
    just so as you know - what I was trying to avoid was the "guess what I heard down the pub" thing.

If you've enough faith in your sources, you can say it, because you can back it up.

If you don't, don't even say that you heard anything.

I was actually expecting you to say nothing :) - that's my fault.
    No problem. source is a friend of the potential replacement, and also another communicorp employee. Also, the farrell thing is based on the panel ring missing plus her conversations on the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭1united

Really gone off D'arcy in the last 18 months, he never gives anyone elses opinion a chance unless it matches his own, the patronising git. when he's not there and Will or Anton Savage take over the show becomes much more listenable to (?). And as for his completely biased & sycophantic "interview" with that George Lee tool the other day, WTF was that, just about the final straw imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭barneygumble

Never had much time for D'Arcy.

Comes across as a smug, opinionated know-all who has become the sort of bore only a middle-aged underachiever could be. The sort you will find any excuse to avoid should you happen across them in a pub, work social function, etc.

And as for Jenny Kelly, listening to that voice is harder than listening to a crying baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Never had much time for D'Arcy.

Comes across as a smug, opinionated know-all who has become the sort of bore only a middle-aged underachiever could be.
    €250K a year for his day job. Haha. Yeah, total underacheiver.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I like Ray D'Arcy and listen to him all the time on the way into college but this morning on the odd one out quiz they were looking for people addicted to television.

They had a guy on who said that he watches 6 hours of TV a day and he was listing off his favourite program. Ray asked if he ever watched the news or anything to keep up to date as to what's going on and the chap said no and Ray seemed quite patronising towards the caller.

Come on Ray, each to their own. Besides there's other means of keeping up with current affairs. Newspapers etc. Shouldn't be so patronising just because he may not do what you usually do.

I do love the show and it does provide good listening most of the time but it's the little things like this that get to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭saltie

This thread is ridiculous. If you have a problem with these people DONT LISTEN :rolleyes:. Simple.
    This is just mindless, not very nice banter.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

saltie wrote: »
    This thread is ridiculous. If you have a problem with these people DONT LISTEN :rolleyes:. Simple.
    This is just mindless, not very nice banter.

Aye. It's not really nice reading about their personal lives. It's really got nothing to do with the show tbh.

Constructive criticism is great but there's a few snipes about personal lives which is a bit uncalled for imo.

Yes - it's a fair point. Two things strike me:

1. The personal abuse is going too far. Neither me or Slidey want to be constantly stepping in telling people to cop on - we're just as capable of a good bitching session as anyone, but people are starting to take it too far.

2. The "Hi Gerry / Hi Ray / Hi Jenny " thing when someone is supportive of the show is starting to grate. I understand that there's more motivation to slag a show off than to defend it, but these threads are non-biased, and we don't want anyone discouraged from expressing an opinion.

Charter updates a-coming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Barname

zuroph wrote: »
    Rumours I hear is that he's not going to be around much longer.

please let this be true.

Hi Everybody -

A clarification, specifically for the D'arcy / Ryan show megathreads, although it applies to the forum as a whole.

This forum is for the discussion of radio shows and radio presenters. It is not for the GENERAL discussion of presenters, solely for discussion of their shows and presenting styles.

Physical Adjectives like "fat" "oily" "greasy" or whatever will result in action.

We generally won't action opinions on style like calling someone "boring" "smug" or "pompous", but we reserve to right to action these where we feel it's appropriate.

Nouns like "git" "pr1ck" "bore" will result in action.

So, it's ok to call someone boring, but not to call them a bore - yes yes, it's a crap system, but it's the system.

None of the mods are strongly pro- or anti- these shows or their presenters. We like a bitching session as much as the next man. However, this is not pub banter, comments are available for everyone to see, for the foreseeable future.

YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT YOU POST, NOT THE MODS. IF YOU SAY SOMETHING LIBELLOUS, YOU WILL HAVE TO DEFEND IT IN COURT, NOT US.

If saying something is worth the potential hassle of a solicitors letter, go for it and take the consequences.
    If it's not, don't.

Secondly, this forum will only survive if everyone is allowed to express their opinions. Both pro- and anti- show opinions are equally welcome. Therefore, anyone who greets a post saying "I think <DJ Name> is OK" with "Hi <DJ NAME>" gets a one day ban - no exceptions."

had to laugh when ray read the message from the short rugby player! something ray can relate to I guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goingpostal

It would be great news if the rumours about the shows' imminent demise prove accurate. I was in a shop the other day buying a tin cup, when his plaintive tones wafted towards me from the shops sound system, like the pong from a pair of filthy jocks. I had to restrain myself from going on a rampage of destruction and wrecking the shop and urinating all over the diminutive shop assistant, for the sole reason that his lack of stature reminded me of The Sanctimonious One. (As an aside, the day I start to take an interest in D'Arcey's or any of his cohorts private lives, that is the day when I will know it is time to call a halt to it all)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Was listening yesterday and they had a piece about this girl(I think her name was Jennifer) looking for a guy to spend Valentines day with. She admitted to being very picky so I figured she must be a bit of alright.........But went on to the today fm website today saw some pics of her and to be honest shes not the best. Shes not bad, dont get me wrong but definitely only average.

http://www.todayfm.com/Shows/Weekdays/Ray-DArcy-Show/Blog.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭patrickc

Jenny is coming back on Tuesday he said today.

tunguska wrote: »
    Was listening yesterday and they had a piece about this girl(I think her name was Jennifer) looking for a guy to spend Valentines day with. She admitted to being very picky so I figured she must be a bit of alright.........But went on to the today fm website today saw some pics of her and to be honest shes not the best. Shes not bad, dont get me wrong but definitely only average.

http://www.todayfm.com/Shows/Weekdays/Ray-DArcy-Show/Blog.aspx

lol, wasnt listening, just went on, I went to school with her.
    She wasnt picky back then anyway :p.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Rookster

She's no great shakes. Darcy looks like their granddad. What age is he? He looks 70.

http://www.hotpress.com/2893481.htmlHe is on the front page of Hot Press this month. Olaf Tyransen is interviewing him. I saw D'Arcy staring malevolently at me from the magazine rack at my local Topaz Station. I went over and had a quick peak. I could only read a few lines. Guess what? He was talking about his personal life!! It looked like a total wánkfest, so I closed the magazine, flung it at the unsuspecting girl behind the counter and ran shrieking into the night. I went to the nearest green area, took off all my clothes and set them all on fire. Then I started doing an Indian wardance until the cops arrived.....

http://www.hotpress.com/2893481.htmlHe is on the front page of Hot Press this month. Olaf Tyransen is interviewing him. I saw D'Arcy staring malevolently at me from the magazine rack at my local Topaz Station. I went over and had a quick peak. I could only read a few lines. Guess what? He was talking about his personal life!! It looked like a total wánkfest, so I closed the magazine, flung it at the unsuspecting girl behind the counter and ran shrieking into the night. I went to the nearest green area, took off all my clothes and set them all on fire. Then I started doing an Indian wardance until the cops arrived.....

Leprechaun.jpg

D'Arcy's JNLR figures are down by 10,000. No surprise there, people must finally be waking up to the reality that he is nothing but a shítehawk.

D'Arcy's JNLR figures are down by 10,000. No surprise there, people must finally be waking up to the reality that he is nothing but a shítehawk.
    The show is very tired and needs a major shake-up. It's been the same auld ****e for the last ten years. Odd one out quiz, Fix it Friday etc. :rolleyes:

D'arsehole needs to go. :)

Oh jesus, he 's the TV now on mutton-head O'Connor's show. He looks to be near 60. How old is he anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Southsider1

he's on TV now. he's growing a beard? looks like a hobo... And he's such a patronising t**t...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

I watched that interview with Brendan O'Connor on Saturday night, (albeit recorded, so watched after the pub), so maybe the pints clouded my judgement:D.....

.... But I thought he came across as ok actually. Now I have given out about him quite a bit on this thread, but I was surprised with that interview.

Thought he didn't do himself any bad at all, although when I stick on the radio at 9 this morning I may go back to my original opinion too;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement