Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

This page of the thread is very colourful :D

His show needs a major shake up or else axe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,009 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Col200sx wrote: »
    I watched that interview with Brendan O'Connor on Saturday night, (albeit recorded, so watched after the pub), so maybe the pints clouded my judgement:D.....

.... But I thought he came across as ok actually. Now I have given out about him quite a bit on this thread, but I was surprised with that interview.

Thought he didn't do himself any bad at all, although when I stick on the radio at 9 this morning I may go back to my original opinion too;)
    Yeah i thought he was decent on that show alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goingpostal

The odd one out quiz is pathetic. Its so old and hackneyed. No other radio show goes so long without changing the key segments like that. Same goes for Fix It Friday. The good news is that the guy next to me no longer listens to D'Arcy at work. He must have finally got sick of him too. But I am still obsessed with D'Arcy. I think I need help.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

This thread is very entertaining, red cards all over the shop. Its like a Millwall vs MK dons cup final.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

I used love the show for years to the point that I was being given warnings at work for just standing around listening and laughing at the show.

Now... ugh... I dont know whats changed, maybe its because the format of the show hasnt changed, not sure. One thing is for sure, Ray seems to be up on a soap-box about a lot of things and he lectures the listeners a hell of a lot and I really really cant stand that at all. Seems like he has an agenda on some subjects and once a conversation goes that way you just know your in for a lecture.

Now Jenny Kelly is a whole different matter, just cant stand her, even her voice, well probarbly accent, not sure, just damn irritating!!

Move on Ray.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

I dunno - I reckon if you heard the show for the first time tomorrow, you'd probably like it as much. The show hasn't changed - you have :)it's the curse of the long term presenter. See also Ryan, G.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Also is "Fix it Friday" for people who havnt discoverd Google yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 meandliam

hi guys, my Mom won a trip to go to Kosovo to give our shoe boxes filled with toys for poor children that she has been filling for 5 years. she had no idea who he was before she won the competition but is an avid listener now. She loves him for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

meandliam wrote: »
    hi guys, my Mom won a trip to go to Kosovo to give our shoe boxes filled with toys for poor children that she has been filling for 5 years. she had no idea who he was before she won the competition but is an avid listener now. She loves him for sure
    A holiday to Kosovo? ... Nice.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

i did not say she won a "holiday" to Kosovo. i said a trip to Kosovo. My Mom has filled 200 shoe boxes every year with toys and sweets for poor children and she won a competition on the ray darcy show to go and actually deliver the shoe boxes to children in very poor areas in Kosovo. It may not have been a holiday destination but it was a trip my mom who is 80 this year will remember for the rest of her life.

• Advertisement

i did not say she won a "holiday" to Kosovo. i said a trip to Kosovo. My Mom has filled 200 shoe boxes every year with toys and sweets for poor children and she won a competition on the ray darcy show to go and actually deliver the shoe boxes to children in very poor areas in Kosovo. It may not have been a holiday destination but it was a trip my mom who is 80 this year will remember for the rest of her life.

That is a brilliant story. Your mother sounds like a total legend. I'd say Kosovo would be an interesting place to visit. A bit of a change from the Costa del Sol or the Canary Islands anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

I heard that.

She had never heard of Ray. Glad she enjoyed it.

tunguska wrote: »
    This thread is very entertaining, red cards all over the shop. Its like a Millwall vs MK dons cup final.

In that case, I am the Vinnie Jones of this thread. I have a Yellow AND a Red Card to my name, on account of going berserk last friday night, after seeing him on the cover of Hot Press. I am like that Monkey Priest on Father Ted who couldn't be shown his own reflection, don't show me a picture of D'Arcy or I lose it completely.

thanks, it was brilliant for my Mom, she had only ever been to Lourdes once before on a holiday so this was incredible. to see the children in orphanages and children of widows killed in the war and to see how happy they are with their shoe box filled with toys in amazing. Christmas child is the charity that runs it but my Mom does her 200 shoe boxes from home. she collects some empty shoe boxes every day from dunnes and penneys and wraps them for the afternoon. she is great. Many have bad things to say about the ray darcy show but my mom for one thinks he is brill. if you had heard her on the show it was hysterical as she had no idea who he was

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

The odd one out quiz is pathetic. Its so old and hackneyed. No other radio show goes so long without changing the key segments like that. Same goes for Fix It Friday. The good news is that the guy next to me no longer listens to D'Arcy at work. He must have finally got sick of him too. But I am still obsessed with D'Arcy. I think I need help.

Big time, the odd one out quiz is pathetic. It's always some idiot bogger on it, and they always pick the last of the 3 answers.
    Fix it Friday was good years ago, but really boring now. They put no effort into it any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

OOps, I misread your post. No offence intended.. :)

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Jenny Kelly is back on now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Barname

That_Guy wrote: »

yes, the faux celebration was unconvincing.

'everyone is delighted'

I wish they had a studio cam, the body language would prove interesting....

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Barname wrote: »
    yes, the faux celebration was unconvincing.

'everyone is delighted'

I wish they had a studio cam, the body language would prove interesting....

Well it's not television so you can't see. I think it sounded genuine tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Barname

Well it's not television so you can't see.

duh !.

its very easy to set up a studio cam / webcam, even Hookie has one! http://media.newstalk.ie/video

as do...

http://www.rte.ie/news/morningireland/player_webcam.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭sorrywhat

I missed the start, why is she back? Or why was she gone in the first place?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

sorrywhat wrote: »
    I missed the start, why is she back? Or why was she gone in the first place?
    I would imagine that the reason that she went was because she had a child. And the reason why she was able to go for such an extended period of time was because the person that she had the child with earns quite a lot of money.

I don't the conspiracy that everybody is looking for is actually there.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭1united

That's it with this show for me, all that [EMAIL="sh@te"]sh@te[/EMAIL] about yer Farrell dose on tv last night ("oh Mairead you're great, you're so hot blah blah bollix") and then to hear that Jenny was back, I couldn't do it to myself anymore, been planning to change over to Tom Dunne for some time well today was the day. That whole mob of self-important, over-opinionated mouthpieces (apart from Will in fairness) have made my skin crawl for the last time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

1united wrote: »
    That's it with this show for me, all that sh@te about yer Farrell dose on tv last night ("oh Mairead you're great, you're so hot blah blah bollix") and then to hear that Jenny was back, I couldn't do it to myself anymore, been planning to change over to Tom Dunne for some time well today was the day. That whole mob of self-important, over-opinionated mouthpieces (apart from Will in fairness) have made my skin crawl for the last time!!

Well summed up. About time you left the darkside.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,584 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

That's it FG are getting my vote

http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/around-town/darcy-id-emigrate-if-kenny-was-taoiseach-2063938.html

D'Arcy: I'd emigrate if Kenny was Taoiseach

By Kevin Doyle
    Monday February 15 2010

TOP radio host Ray D'Arcy will leave the country if Enda Kenny becomes Taoiseach.

The presenter has launched another personal attack on the Fine Gael leader, whom he previously described as being like a four-day-old floury potato.

As Kenny continues to struggle in the wake of George Lee's resignation a week ago, D'Arcy wasn't offering any sympathy.

"There is a huge mismatch between us as a society and our politicians. If you look at Enda Kenny, oh my God look at Enda Kenny," said D'Arcy in a tone of disbelief.

"I actually said it to her (his partner) and I shouldn't be saying it on live television but if he becomes Taoiseach I'm leaving the country.

"It's true if he becomes Taoiseach I'm leaving the country," he said on RTE's The Saturday Night Show.

Worryingly for Kenny the controversial statement was met with a rapturous reception from the studio audience.

He added: "If you listened to Enda Kenny during the week, he said 'I'm now going to be myself'. He's the longest-serving TD, he's been eight years as leader of Fine Gael and now he decides he's going to be himself."

Enda Kenny came under massive internal pressure after Lee's exit last week with a ring-around taking place to gauge support for his deputy Richard Bruton. However, he survived a tense party meeting that gave him the obligatory full endorsement.

- Kevin Doyle

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Kenny for taoiseach for life!!

Ray D'arcy.....another Fianna Fail stooge in a position of power in the media? or maybe he's secretly a political hotshot that keeps his opinions quiet on his show as not to upset his dumb-dumbs listeners with godforbid, current affairs!! :eek:

Nah, lets talk about things like soda stream and what mikey from carlow got up to at the local discotheque on Saturday night. jaysus, tis gas altogether.

thanks, it was brilliant for my Mom, she had only ever been to Lourdes once before on a holiday so this was incredible. to see the children in orphanages and children of widows killed in the war and to see how happy they are with their shoe box filled with toys in amazing. Christmas child is the charity that runs it but my Mom does her 200 shoe boxes from home. she collects some empty shoe boxes every day from dunnes and penneys and wraps them for the afternoon. she is great. Many have bad things to say about the ray darcy show but my mom for one thinks he is brill. if you had heard her on the show it was hysterical as she had no idea who he was

I did hear your mom on the show that day meandliam and I have to say it was pretty moving stuff. She sounded like a lovely lady, reminded me of my own mother.

In that case, I am the Vinnie Jones of this thread. I have a Yellow AND a Red Card to my name, on account of going berserk last friday night, after seeing him on the cover of Hot Press. I am like that Monkey Priest on Father Ted who couldn't be shown his own reflection, don't show me a picture of D'Arcy or I lose it completely.

Brilliant goingpostal. Keep it up:). Although do you get the equivalent of a 3 match ban when you get red carded?

tunguska wrote: »
    Brilliant goingpostal. Keep it up:). Although do you get the equivalent of a 3 match ban when you get red carded?

Red cards are kind of the last chance before you get an outright ban. I got a one week ban from this thread a few months ago. I couldn't even get into the radio forum. My entire post was deleted. It was comparable to going into the tackle two footed, over the ball, studs showing. I definitely played the man, not the ball, that day. I have been on my (semi-) best behaviour since then, if you except my rush of blood to the head last friday night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Well with Jenny Kelly back, I have now officially switched over to Tom Dunne. All the best Darcy listeners.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement