Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭allgirlz

tbh wrote: »
    From today, posts that say "Why don't you just change the channel" will be regarded as off-topic.

Seriously!! This place is over moderated :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

allgirlz wrote: »
    Seriously!! This place is over moderated :rolleyes:
    If you have a problem with the moderation on here I suggest you PM one of the CMods listed in the main forum.

Please do not drag this thread off topic anymore.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I wonder if they'll be doing a blind date thing regularly on this show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭sorrywhat

That_Guy wrote: »
    I wonder if they'll be doing a blind date thing regularly on this show.

Does it not make you cringe a little though?

I know its only a bit of fun but I founf myself going red at my desk. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

sorrywhat wrote: »
    Does it not make you cringe a little though?

I know its only a bit of fun but I founf myself going red at my desk. :o

Not really tbh. It's only a bit of fun really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Carolyyn

Ray was on the Brendan O'Connor show, and course B was slagging him off and poor lil Ray just couldn't take it. He seemed so uptight and lacking a sense of humour. God help those who have to work with him having to massage that ego.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Derryleigh

Being an ol fogey bogger Radio 1 listener, I dont hear Darcy too much (he is OK) but when I do, I draw the conclusion that his core listeners are:

30 something couples, up to their necks in neg equi, living somewhere like Navan or Drogheda or Kinegad, commuting to Dublin, shop up north, dont go to pub anymore, like Tommy Tiernan, hate politicians, love their soccer (Liverpool FC), hate the GAA, agnostic, buy the Daily Mail, watch Desperate Houswives or Glee together, maybe one or two little children called Josh and Saul and drive........an Opel Astra:D:D:D

PS Dont get mad, only having the fun... But am I nearly right????

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭cruizer22b

Derryleigh wrote: »
    Being an ol fogey bogger Radio 1 listener, I dont hear Darcy too much (he is OK) but when I do, I draw the conclusion that his core listeners are:

30 something couples, up to their necks in neg equi, living somewhere like Navan or Drogheda or Kinegad, commuting to Dublin, shop up north, dont go to pub anymore, like Tommy Tiernan, hate politicians, love their soccer (Liverpool FC), hate the GAA, agnostic, buy the Daily Mail, watch Desperate Houswives or Glee together, maybe one or two little children called Josh and Saul and drive........an Opel Astra:D:D:D

My god you just described me to the T, except I cant stand Tommy Tiernan and support utd ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goingpostal

Derryleigh=LEGEND!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

Derryleigh=LEGEND!!
    Derryleigh would be spot on I think:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 ldee

:D
    you forgot:
    loves david gray/paulo nutini/damien rice or whatever bland troubadour is out now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

spot on man. ...... some i would guess have a different accent to that which they were born with.

dort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Carolyyn

Spot on Derryleigh, this describes the audience to a T !! You didn't mention a sizeable no. of them are also women on maternity leave with time on their hands who are bored and can relate to his constant talk about his daughter . :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,584 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Most of the male listenership appear to have access to a van/tractor/some other rural vehicle in which they appear to spend most of their time interfering with themselves as "jesus, that *insert female guests name* sounds gorgeous".

Also, most listeners appear to have the ability to begin crying at will, usually "I had to pull the car over to the side of the road".

Imagine if the next door neighbour was a really grumpy old curmudgeon, who came out and said "Whats all this fecking racket about?". And then allowed his two insane rottweilers to jump the wall and do their thang?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭billybigunz

Ray Darcy is one of the worst Examples of a human being.

He has spent his life being adored by a certain type of woman and this has disconnected him from any kind of reality. He has set him self up like some kind of monarch and his radio show is his court.

It must gall him when he reads this thread (which he does) and realises that so many people despise him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

seriously tho, the guy should learn to read a text msg without all the hmmming and hawwwing.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭dicknorris

Excellent Derryleigh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭Shayman

I used to listen daily to his show for years but couldn't take it anymore. It's so juvenile sometimes and his self righteousness does me in. I'd really like to listen to music mid morning but unfortunately, down the country theres no music shows in the morning. Every station has a chat/current affairs show (ok except for Beat but that's, again, not my style of music and banter).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

I have no idea how anyone listens to this pathetic excuse for a radio presenter. And I really hope he does read this thread because it's not only one or two people who feel that way, it's the vast majority. My only problem with the poll is that there was no 'You never had a "time", you were always useless, so get of the radio and stop assaulting my ears' option.

• Advertisement

.....It must gall him when he reads this thread (which he does) and realises that so many people despise him.

Are you sure he reads this thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

Are you sure he reads this thread?
    I'd say he has an occassional peek. I'm sure he's fully aware of it. :)

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

It all when down hill when that guy left that was in the ad for the GAA, where they write Louth in the sand, can't think of his name though(martin??)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Crosáidí wrote: »
    It all when down hill when that guy left that was in the ad for the GAA, where they write Louth in the sand, can't think of his name though(martin??)

Martin Maguire. I agree too, he was great on the show.

He was the producer of the show years ago, and I believe he moved to the Ian Dempsey show where I'm nearly sure he's now the producer of that?

I still think he does all the Fix It Friday work for them though?

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭SuperDude87

Living in France I actually make it my business to listen to the show on the internet.

I think it's funny ie enough to have me smiling whilst I go about my other business and I like how they often attack serious issues. Having said that the show often skids off course with some obscure piece (a whole hour normally) that looses my interest and has me closing the browser.

I don't really understand where the whole hatred is coming from as he seems like a nice guy but then again I'm a casual listener so listening to it for 3 hours a day 5 days a week for years on end would probably have me going spare too!

I'm not attacking the haters coz at the end of the day we can all have our own opinions that's just mine! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I don't really understand where the whole hatred is coming from as he seems like a nice guy but then again I'm a casual listener so listening to it for 3 hours a day 5 days a week for years on end would probably have me going spare too!

I'm not attacking the haters coz at the end of the day we can all have our own opinions that's just mine! :)
    I don't really get it either. Although he was particularly annoying yesterday when he had the people on talking about plastic surgery. He was so condescending and dismissive of the guests. Why bother having people on if he has such a problem with it? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,584 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I don't really get it either.
    He was so condescending and dismissive of the guests.

I think you've answered your own question there

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Haha. Touché

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

How often does he play the same Paulo Nutini songs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

How often does he play the same Paulo Nutini songs?

Around the same time, every day.............

God help if Paulo Nutini ever comes in for an interview with him, as Ray will be foaming at the mouth:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement