Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Col200sx wrote: »
    God help if Paulo Nutini ever comes in for an interview with him, as Ray will be foaming at the mouth:D
    Already happened....and he did.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

BaZmO* wrote: »

I'm delighted I missed that so, phew:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Southsider1

BaZmO* wrote: »

Yeah, They're still tryin to get the white stains off the wall.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goingpostal

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

I like the show. The music's only ok and biteens annoy but I think that's ok after listening to it every weekday for years. I would be sad if it went. Unless Adam and Joe replace them :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

Unless Adam and Joe replace them :rolleyes:
    That was a film about two Dublin heroin addicts. Why would they be replacing D'arsey?

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

el diablo wrote: »
    That was a film about two Dublin heroin addicts. Why would they be replacing D'arsey?
    You're thinking of Adam and Paul. Adam and Joe were djs on xfm and the sadly soon to be defunct 6music.

Anybody else notice he plays Fire by Kasabian every day around the same time at 11.30?

Just noticed this last couple weeks - not complaining though - great song:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Anybody else notice he plays Fire by Kasabian every day around the same time at 11.30?

Just noticed this last couple weeks - not complaining though - great song:D

The same songs over and over again is one of the (many) little things that finally finished me with Ray. Maybe it's been like that for years but I wasn't aware of it because I'd only catch bits of the show while in college.

Gotta admit it's a breath of fresh air to hear Anton Savage in the D'Arcy show slot this week.

His laugh is bloody contagious:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Rookster

I don't know about Savage. Born with a silver spoon stuck up his arse. His voice is quite annoying. Come back Darcy! I must be desperate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Rookster wrote: »
    I don't know about Savage. Born with a silver spoon stuck up his arse. His voice is quite annoying. Come back Darcy! I must be desperate.

Now now, lets not get hysterical. You dont really mean that. :mad:

Savage does nothing for me. Boo-urns to that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

what a suprise.. talking about cars again.. the silly oil rag... come back ray..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Shane10

Gotta admit it's a breath of fresh air to hear Anton Savage in the D'Arcy show slot this week.

His laugh is bloody contagious:D

ya i agree i like anton savage and hes good on the radio IMO. he should get his own show, does fill in for matt cooper sometimes aswell, and contributes to his show when matt is there also. i like him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

If I was Ray Darcy Id watch my back, anton savage is a way better presenter and just more likeable. And from the sounds of things I think mairead and Will get along better with him. Plus he's playing great tunes, Creedance and everything, where else would you hear the like of it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Shane10 wrote: »
    ya i agree i like anton savage and hes good on the radio IMO. he should get his own show, does fill in for matt cooper sometimes aswell, and contributes to his show when matt is there also. i like him.

Can't they just give him D'arcy's...

• Registered Users Posts: 8 BabyDuck

ye cant please all of the people all of the time, so who should replace darcy?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 BabyDuck

well at least we can have practical discussion about it....:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭salad dodger

Another "i'm in tears" text read out this morning!!:rolleyes:

Bloody hell!!! What is this mans fasination with people crying while listening to his show?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭DangerMouse27

I miss Anton!!!

Hope the pro Fine Gael rants will end now Ray has gotten some sunshine in him..if he does his gov bashing spiel again,il have to trn over to fat lambchops Gerry Ryan instead..dont make me do it!!

Will he have the repeat of the priests interview up on the site.Its difficult to do for them but they won every argument he put forward.And what kind of smugness was his 'its comfort you provide at funerals' etc Fr.Shane batted it away quite well.

Bring back Anton.!!or even better Tom Dunne!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goingpostal

Bring back Anton.!!or even better Tom Dunne!!

Or even a head of week-old lettuce!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭billybigunz

Stupid rumour. Ignore. In fairness this was from the same guy that told me he had spent half the night rummaging around a ditch in Monasterevin for the lower half of Dana's torso!

Is that for real? If it's not it's in serious bad taste.

Either way I hope he's ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

there was a rumour posted earlier on folks, it was in bad taste and the OP has accepted it wasn't a particularly clever thing to do and that his source is unreliable. The main thing is, it's not true. so lets just pretend it never happened :)

Ah, that's so unfair. Curiosity is torture : (

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Barname

I just heard Ray D'Arcy dispensing erroneous advice to a caller that chose to sleep in JFK sooner than take a bed in a house 40 minutes from the Airport

He got all faux angry and yammered on that the lady should stay in a hotel and bill Aer Lingus.

Ray is wrong and I hope that he personally financially compensates anyone that acts on his erroneous advice.

Here is why Ray is WRONG:

REGULATION (EC) No 261/2004 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL
    of 11 February 2004
    establishing common rules on compensation and assistance to passengers in the event of denied
    boarding and of cancellation or long delay of flights, and repealing Regulation (EEC) No 295/91

(14) As under the Montreal Convention, obligations on operating
    air carriers should be limited or excluded in cases
    where an event has been caused by extraordinary
    circumstances
    which could not have been avoided even
    if all reasonable measures had been taken. Such circumstances
    may, in particular, occur in cases
    of political
    instability, meteorological conditions incompatible with
    the operation of the flight concerned
    , security risks,
    unexpected flight safety shortcomings and strikes that
    affect the operation of an operating air carrier.

(15) Extraordinary circumstances should be deemed to exist
    where the impact of an air traffic management decision

in relation to a particular aircraft on a particular day
    gives rise to a long delay, an overnight delay, or the
    cancellation of one or more flights by that aircraft, even
    though all reasonable measures had been taken by the
    air carrier concerned to avoid the delays or cancellations.

Well he only gave the advice that every other agency is giving. Conor Pope from the Irish Times and some woman on the Frontline last said the same.

• Advertisement

I heard that alright this morning, and as soon as I did, I thought: Fcuk I hope he's right giving out that info, cos many could act on it and be out of pocket if he's wrong...........

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement