Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Saw Ray at the great Ireland run on sunday. Jaysus he looks old! He looks like Santa claus with that beard. Looked like he was in a jock aswell, dont think his time was great. Maybe he should train more and talk less.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Derryleigh

tunguska wrote: »
    Saw Ray at the great Ireland run on sunday. Jaysus he looks old! He looks like Santa claus with that beard. Looked like he was in a jock aswell, dont think his time was great. Maybe he should train more and talk less.

Saw him being interviewed on TV. He looked most unfriendly. Whats more, out of the thousands of people that were running, was there nobody more worthy to interview? I am sure there were more "famous" people running than him. He isnt a celebrity is he? Jaysus anyone qualifies as a celebrity so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Was he running for charity?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Barname

I saw that, If I am not mistaken I think I saw 1 hour on the clock as he was being interviewed

I am 16 stone and I can trot 10k in 45 mins

He must not be well if it took him an hour

Barname wrote: »
    I saw that, If I am not mistaken I think I saw 1 hour on the clock as he was being interviewed

I am 16 stone and I can trot 10k in 45 mins

He must not be well if it took him an hour

My Mother could do a 10k in under an hour. He needs to get the lead out and do some training. He blew up at the marathon last year aswell. He got skinned by Grannies and everything.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goingpostal

He probably had to stop every few metres for some intense navel-gazing with his cabal of lackeys.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,009 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

My Mother could do a 10k in under an hour. He needs to get the lead out and do some training. He blew up at the marathon last year aswell. He got skinned by Grannies and everything.

ah cmon people, you can do better than that....so what if he can't run 10k in an hour

ah cmon people, you can do better than that....so what if he can't run 10k in an hour

I know its seems like we're being harsh but he's always going on about his sporting background and is constantly talking about how much he runs. So for somebody who claims to be an athlete of sorts, his 10k time is poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

Ah come on lads, it's a decent time for a man in his early sixties.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Recce

Actually guys Rays time was 47min which is quite respectable imo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭billybigunz

Recce wrote: »
    Thanks for the update Ray.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Thanks for the update Ray.
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭gandroid

I agree...and I would love to know how many people mocking this can actually run 10k in an hour. It's not that slow...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

It's a bit unusual that someone registered with boards.ie just to tell us this.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

^^ Very unusual indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

lads, i would respectfully point out the bit in the charter that says "No 'Hi <presenter> comments please" or words to that effect :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Mr_Hat

No he didnt Ive had a look at all the Male race results in and around 47 mins from the Great Ireland Race site. No listing for Ray

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Carolyyn

Mr_Hat wrote: »
    No he didnt Ive had a look at all the Male race results in and around 47 mins from the Great Ireland Race site. No listing for Ray

Knowing what he's like if he did the marathon in 47 mins no doubt he'd be bragging about same on his show at the next chance.
    I too do, ahem, wonder at somebody just registering to post Ray's race time. Plus how do you have such precise information on him? :confused:

seriously guys, stop questioning the guy. anyone is free to post anything they want within reason, without having their motives questioned. I've asked nicely, twice, I won't ask again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Mr_Hat

I really am intrested in knowing what time Ray ran the 10k in. I ran on Sunday and have been trying to find out. So I can compare times. Likewise Id like to know what time Jayo took to complete it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭hick

Looked at the rte player, the race is up there, he was interviews just as he finished (he was still out of breath, so looked lime he'd just stopped) and the time on the counter was 104 mins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Recce

el diablo wrote: »
    It's a bit unusual that someone registered with boards.ie just to tell us this.

First of all I didn't register to tell you anything. I actually registered with adverts.ie in March to sell a few items and somehow ended up here.

Secondly I am correct about Rays 10K time. Check here for proof http://www.independent.ie/national-news/great-day-for-a-run-as-11000-take-over-park-2143014.html. The picture in the article is of Ray shortly after finishing and the clock clearly shows 48.45.

How'd they get this pic if it took him over one hour?

I'm really not bothered either way but you all seem to be so there you go.

I couldn't care less what time THE SANCTIMONIOUS ONE did the race in. Doesn't change the fact that his radio show is a travesty and he is a moralising muppet. Pity someones angry canine didn't jump a hedge on the race route and maul him.

I couldn't care less what time THE SANCTIMONIOUS ONE did the race in. Doesn't change the fact that his radio show is a travesty and he is a moralising muppet. Pity someones angry canine didn't jump a hedge on the race route and maul him.

Too far - 1 week ban. The next person who brings up that poxy race gets a one month ban - no exceptions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Anyone listening today? What's the 3rd number in that competition they're running?

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭gears

I missed the fifth one myself. What I got was.

27, 34, 39, 1, ?, 43

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Magnet

whats the last one
    I got 27, 34, 39, 1, 43, ?,

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭gears

43 is the last one, your missing the fifth one like me.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭docjewel

27.34.39.01.09.43 hopes this helps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Magnet

67 :D
    Thanks people

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement