Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

Paracore wrote: »
    Wrong. I have actually never met the man in my life. I just appreciate good radio production. Perhaps you should focus the energy of your hatred towards Ray into some other area of your life, it mite actually improve it.

Good radio production? :D The chap can barely string a clear sentence together.

Anyway, he'll be leaving the country in a week so good riddance to him.

And my life's just fine. Thanks for the concern though. :)

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 183 ✭✭Paracore

el diablo wrote: »

Yes it must be exhilerating alright if you feel the need to come on here and run down a mational radio presenter. With that and feeding your 13 cats were do you find time for yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Very true Luckygent, an absolutely wonderful production today by D'Arcy and Co. I hope his knockers on here were listening. Wouldn't do ye any harm to follow his lead and do some charity work. Would be better use of ye're time than coming on here with ye're jealous and snide remarks.

heh, you said Knockers :pac:

heh, you said Knockers :pac:

Look...... a BLUE coooooooorrrrr....... WOW

Yes it must be exhilerating alright if you feel the need to come on here and run down a mational radio presenter. With that and feeding your 13 cats were do you find time for yourself?

13 cats? Actually I've only nine cats.

• Advertisement

13 cats? Actually I've only nine cats.

Sounds about right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

That 40c is VAT. If you're going to present an arguement at least get your facts right.

I merely asked where it went - as opposed to 'presenting an argument'. Get YOUR facts right before making comments like that.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭Shelflife

I used to listen all the time but just cant stand him any more. Loved the humour fun and music that was on the show , but that all seemed to change with the birth of his daughter.

Now the show has taken a serious tone, he has gone very political and every week he now seems to have a bone to pick or a cause to chase. this was all well and good when the causes were few and far between but i feel that one or two sucesses have gone to his head and he now sees himself as a crusader or as one article called him "the voice of the nation" ---jesus wept !!

sorry but the format of the show has totally changed even if they believe it hasnt, he has become very opinionated and gets irked very quickly if a guest doesnt have the same beliefs / opinions as himself.

big deal he does work for charity and at the same time he gets publicity for himself and his show, there are alot of us out there that just do it for the charity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Shelflife wrote: »
    he has become very opinionated and gets irked very quickly if a guest doesnt have the same beliefs / opinions as himself.

And shouts at them. The trap of the radio host. There's a guy on local radio where I live who's been getting away with that crap for years. And now Matt Cooper (who I used to admire greatly) has gfallen into the same trap. Pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭rebel10

I used to listen all the time but just cant stand him any more. Loved the humour fun and music that was on the show , but that all seemed to change with the birth of his daughter.

Now the show has taken a serious tone, he has gone very political and every week he now seems to have a bone to pick or a cause to chase. this was all well and good when the causes were few and far between but i feel that one or two sucesses have gone to his head and he now sees himself as a crusader or as one article called him "the voice of the nation" ---jesus wept !!

sorry but the format of the show has totally changed even if they believe it hasnt, he has become very opinionated and gets irked very quickly if a guest doesnt have the same beliefs / opinions as himself.

big deal he does work for charity and at the same time he gets publicity for himself and his show, there are alot of us out there that just do it for the charity.
    +1. Listened to him for years in college but had to give up because I couldn't listen to him at work. When i do get a chance to listen in, I usually turn off after ten minutes. As you say, he sees himself as some kind of crusader. He has self-appointed himself the role of "the voice of the nation." To be honest, I don't know who grates on me more, Jenny, Ray or "everyone wants to sleep with me" Mairead.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭wee truck big driver

bad news he changed his tune last week said he was joking it just a pity that tubridy is the best rte can come up with they could really clean up with somebody half descent

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

I only half heard the opening of the show today, but think he said he will have the leaders of the political parties in this week? Jaysus, if I heard correctly, that will be some shouting match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

I only half heard the opening of the show today, but think he said he will have the leaders of the political parties in this week? Jaysus, if I heard correctly, that will be some shouting match.

Yeah they're all coming in this week. The only one that hasn't agreed to it (yet) is his best buddy Enda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Shur it's his last week isnt it... Enda will be voted Taoiseach at the weekend, and if he's a man of his word he will have to leave... He's created a tight little spot for himself to get out of with that one.. :D:D

Shur it's his last week isnt it... Enda will be voted Taoiseach at the weekend, and if he's a man of his word he will have to leave... He's created a tight little spot for himself to get out of with that one.. :D:D

As he's been saying a lot the last few weeks it was "a figure of speech" and he didn't mean it. He sounds embarrassed by it all now. He shouldn't have said it in the first place really but it's kind of funny to hear him squirm and backtrack.

I really hope Enda comes in this week, it'd be comical!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Why does he keep playing the fcuking Lakes of Ponchartrain:mad:

Its a great song. A fine recording done live on the show by the Corona's. Whats wrong with the lakes of Ponchartrain?

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Scráib

Hold on, did Ray D'Arcy actually say he'd leave the job if Enda Kenny became Taoiseach!? :D

D'arsey will be way out of his depth interviewing the party leaders. I'm very surprised they've agreed to come on his show. He's such an inarticulate little man who's more at home interviewing Z-listers (eg. Rubberbandits, Dotty O'Shea, Amanda Brunker etc.)

Anyway, I won't be listening. :)

Scráib wrote: »
    Hold on, did Ray D'Arcy actually say he'd leave the job if Enda Kenny became Taoiseach!? :D

Not just the job, the country!

Clare Bear wrote: »
    I thought that if I got sick somewhere like Kenya it'd be like Oh my God

I miss that ad. :)

• Advertisement

:D I don't. It annoyed the fook out of me lol. Better go get rid of that signature actually, it's past it's sell by date :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭onway

Was really disappointed with Ray's interview with Gerry Adams this morning - he let Gerry wriggle out of answering anything he didn't want to or didn't have an answer to....

onway wrote: »
    Was really disappointed with Ray's interview with Gerry Adams this morning - he let Gerry wriggle out of answering anything he didn't want to or didn't have an answer to....
    I think Ray fancies himself as being some kind of hard lined interviewer. He should let these types of interviews to Matt Cooper. If he went on air, admitted he knew as much about politics, etc. as the ordinary person, I may have more interest in listening to him, instead he has designated himself the role of being the voice of the people. No thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭Shelflife

"I think Ray fancies himself as being some kind of hard lined interviewer."

Therein lies the problem, i was travelling today so had to listen to it all. His interview with Adams was average, running out of time and not getting through all his questions (political reform) , Why? because he had to read out mickey mouse texts and his questions were more statements then questions.

His piece with the doctor is a joke, lets ask the doctor infantile questions and even though Ray has no medical background he felt the need to give his diagnosis on each case.

Have to say as a national broadcaster he displays his antipathy towards Enda Kenny on his sleeve. he needs to be responsible in his political bias in order not to sway people. Maybe he should leave the country.

"I think Ray fancies himself as being some kind of hard lined interviewer."

Therein lies the problem, i was travelling today so had to listen to it all. His interview with Adams was average, running out of time and not getting through all his questions (political reform) , Why? because he had to read out mickey mouse texts and his questions were more statements then questions.

His piece with the doctor is a joke, lets ask the doctor infantile questions and even though Ray has no medical background he felt the need to give his diagnosis on each case.

Have to say as a national broadcaster he displays his antipathy towards Enda Kenny on his sleeve. he needs to be responsible in his political bias in order not to sway people. Maybe he should leave the country.
    +1. Couldn't have put it better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 bobbybouche

Mark 00 wrote: »
    Is anybody getting tired of the Ray D'arcy show. well not so much the show but rather him and his moral highground. If i'm looking for an opinionated gobs**te, there are plenty of other shows. His show used to be just about havin a laugh and not takin things too seriously but in the last year or so he cant seem to talk about anything without giving a big opinionated spiel about whats right, (coz if its his opinion, then obviously it has to be right). Bring back the old days when he used to brighten up our mornings.

Totally agree, he's some pain the way he is so self rightous about everything. I much rather the ray foley show. I know it's not everyones cup of tea, but it always cheers me up!

ha ha! Those VHI ads, so annoying when watching them, but good for quoting, just like "Autoglas", he gets offended when offered money for adding the 'special serum' to the windscreen!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Having politicial interviews seems to be a feature of light hearted programmes only in Ireland.

What is Ray Darcy doing interviewing these leaders in the first place?

It's like the LLS dealing with serious topics or politics. Either you're light hearted or serious, you can't mix the two.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Heard a bit of the Micháel Martin interview. All I could hear was Ray shouting at him about Brian Cowens drinking habits. Is that the best you can do Ray?

• Advertisement

Heard a bit of the Micháel Martin interview. All I could hear was Ray shouting at him about Brian Cowens drinking habits. Is that the best you can do Ray?

Cringeworthy isn't it!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement