Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭rebel10

Gaffs89 wrote: »
    For FFS! If you don't like the show, don't listen to it.There are plenty of other radio stations out there.
    I don't listen to it, used to, but gave up on it. This thread isin't entitled the "who loves Ray D'arcy thread", for God sake, everybody should be able to come on here and have their say. It just so happens that these past few weeks Ray has brought on more criticism on himself.
    It's about time that somebody shouted at the politicians.Martyn was one of Brian Cowens cronies , he didn't do a thing to stop him as he let his banker pals screw the country.
    Did he speak up when Bertie Aherne said anybody who said the economy was heading for a crash should commit suicide.

Good on ya Ray. Great show.
    Please don't be fooled into thinking that Ray was somehow the only person gutsy enough to challenge corruption etc. in politics. He would love to believe he was, but my God, when these corrupt politicians were in power, Ray was the first to announce his adoration for them and their party.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Gaffs89

This thread was started almost 4 years ago and is over 100 pages long. almost all of the comments are negative.
    My point is that people complain and moan about something they don't have to listen to.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

This thread was started almost 4 years ago and is over 100 pages long. almost all of the comments are negative.
    My point is that people complain and moan about something they don't have to listen to.

You will see that on almost every thread about a radio show and many TV shows. People don't tend to post glowing tributes to things they love, people post about what annoys them: see the Liveline thread, the Mooney thread, the Take Me Out thread etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭rebel10

And are fully entitled to.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Gaffs89

I'm far to positive a person for this crap. I think i shall take my own advice and stop reading threads like this.

Originally Posted by Gaffs89 viewpost.gif
    For FFS! If you don't like the show, don't listen to it.There are plenty of other radio stations out there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭wee truck big driver

Cringeworthy isn't it!

in fairness he said the most he would have is a glass of wine when he is doing the show the next day. funny then how i seem to remember them in talking jibberish and slobering about been out the night before like anybody give a sh1t. when you add to that the fact that gerry ryan was drinking the face off himself and even on a bad day he was twice as good as darcy

• Registered Users Posts: 39,818 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Gilmore is on now and aparently enda was busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

I have to say I've stopped listening to him cos of several things.
    Jenny and Mairead have really started to bug the **** out of me.
    And Ray really annoys me about his gripe with negative equity.
    He went on about for ages before he let it out he's been affected by it too.
    Its the same crap over and over again.
    The show has run its course imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭wee truck big driver

did anybody else hear the slapping noise when ray was interviewing eamon gilmore, think gilmore turned around to fast surprised ray and hit him in the face with his todger

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

He's gone folks.

Ray D'Arcy has now left the country!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Barname

Hopefully the wee man has moved to Libya.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭robo

BaZmO* wrote: »
    He's gone folks.

Ray D'Arcy has now left the country!

Oh yeh didn't he say that he would leave the country if Enda became Taoiseach! Is he really gone? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

robo wrote: »
    Oh yeh didn't he say that he would leave the country if Enda became Taoiseach! Is he really gone? :rolleyes:

Nah, he's not on air today. He's due back on Wednesday. He's filming a documentary.

He's filming a documentary.
    about forced emigration

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 183 ✭✭Paracore

He's probably taking a break for a few days. Its called having a life. Some of ye should try it sometime.

Paracore wrote: »
    He's probably taking a break for a few days. Its called having a life.
    I'd say it's more like a PR stunt from Today FM.

Paracore wrote: »
    Its called having a life. Some of ye should try it sometime.
    :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Cowen is still the taoiseach, so D'Arcys promise only comes into effect when Enda becomes taoiseach officially.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Matt Cooper just joked that the reason Anton Savage is on is not becasuse D'Arcy has emmigrated! He is on a break.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Cole

He's filming a documentary.

I saw him this morning in Dalkey, out and about with a camera crew.

Given the grief that he's invited on himself with the Enda Kenny stuff, I was tempted to shout something about him leaving the country and good riddance, but I thought I'd be the bigger man.......not difficult with Ray (short) Arsey around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Donal Og O Baelach

Just heard him say - "Let's give Enda a chance."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

Just heard him say - "Let's give Enda a chance."

Yeah, because before we weren't going to just because he said so...:rolleyes: He really does think that people hang on his every word.

Don't listen to him by choice. Am subjected to him from time to time on busses, in other peoples houses and in two of my past jobs Today FM was the workplace station of choice. (I only say this for the benefit of those who say "If you don't like him don't listen blah blah blah..." A lot of the time people have no choice...)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

"I'm in tears here" should definitely be a D'Arcy Show bingo.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭salad dodger

"I'm in tears here" should definitely be a D'Arcy Show bingo.

That along with 'I'm dancing around the kitchen with me 2-year-old to whatever maudlin auld shi!te that some dude is just after doing a cover of!!'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

I cannot listen to the man,with that intake of slurping breath..like a backwards dribble........................Yuk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭trebor28

anyone actually hear what he said on his return one wednesday morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭milehip1

^ nope, enlighten us please

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭trebor28

milehip1 wrote: »
    ^ nope, enlighten us please

no i was asking cause i never heard it!

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭milehip1

k, tought you were leading up to something big.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭heyjude

Who is going to replace Ray D'Arcy when he leaves though ? I haven't heard any names mentioned maybe Tom Dunne, they haven't got too long to decide as the Dáil is due to sit again next week to elect a new Taoiseach with Enda Kenny, the most likely winner and Ray did say last year that he'd leave the country if Enda Kenny became Taoiseach. Hope you've got the cases packed Ray.

See ya

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Radiotower

anyone get the first no this morning?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement