Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭GotBainne?

Enda Kenny elected Taoiseach: Bon Voyage Ray!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 183 ✭✭Paracore

That's great news!
    Does Mr. D'arcy need a hand packing or a lift to the airport? I'll be happy to oblige.
    If some of the morons who listen every day, enjoy or contribute to that inane crap want assistance emigrating, I'll certainly do my bit to help.
    No loss to the nation - him or the rest of the team.

I listen to him everyday and I am not a moron. Thanks for your concern though and your generalisations you must be a well rounded individual.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Well we only have your word that you are not a moron. Morons tend not to be that self-aware.I'm sure you think you're a great fella/girl,others may not agree. If you listen to D'Arcy every day,then you probably are a moron,you just don't know it yet.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Paracore wrote: »
    That's great news!
    Does Mr. D'arcy need a hand packing or a lift to the airport? I'll be happy to oblige.
    If some of the morons who listen every day, enjoy or contribute to that inane crap want assistance emigrating, I'll certainly do my bit to help.
    No loss to the nation - him or the rest of the team.

I listen to him everyday and I am not a moron. Thanks for your concern though and your generalisations you must be a well rounded individual.

Are you a guard or a nurse? Regular Coppers goer? I bet you are...

And I bet you think this sort of thing is hilarious...

I'm neither thank God... and I was in Coppers once but I found it a bit on the tacky side to be honest... Seen that video before alright was impressed with the moves alright but never really saw the humour in it.

Sorry I'm not living up to your generalisations... I bet your head just exploded with those revelations.

• Advertisement

Well we only have your word that you are not a moron. Morons tend not to be that self-aware.I'm sure you think you're a great fella/girl,others may not agree. If you listen to D'Arcy every day,then you probably are a moron,you just don't know it yet.

I don't think that is the definition of moron actually. Heres one actually - Moron. 1. Person who gives out constantly about a radio personality they HAVE to listen too, yet are unaware that they can actually change the station 2. Yosser Hughes

I'm neither thank God... and I was in Coppers once but I found it a bit on the tacky side to be honest... Seen that video before alright was impressed with the moves alright but never really saw the humour in it.

Sorry I'm not living up to your generalisations... I bet your head just exploded with those revelations.

Not really, but thanks for taking part in my survey anyway. :rolleyes:

Enjoy Fix-it-Friday tomorrow i.e. the segment for people still unaware of a thing called google.

I'm neither thank God...

And what may I ask is wrong with being a guard or nurse? How dare you denegrate two of the more respected professions vital to the running of this country. Sir, I am shocked and appalled...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭TimmyTarmac

Just as Taoiseach, Enda Kenny said in his Dail speech yesterday "This is the first day of a journey to a better future."

He was clearly referring to the diminutive Kildare man and his listeners, all 219,000 of them. He was clearly implying that there's 'a bit of a want' in all of them and to make this country great again, they should all **** off to Australia.

That's how I interpreted his speech, anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Mr Timmy, I'd agree with your summation.

Not that i ever listen to that gimp.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭BenShermin

I tried to ring The Ray D'arcy show to get some info regarding this but they cut me short.

telekon wrote: »
    Not really, but thanks for taking part in my survey anyway. :rolleyes:

Enjoy Fix-it-Friday tomorrow i.e. the segment for people still unaware of a thing called google.

Yes I do enjoy as I don't get time on google due to work. I can see how layabouts like yourself would be a bit peeevd with it though when you have plenty of time for google.

Yes I do enjoy as I don't get time on google due to work. I can see how layabouts like yourself would be a bit peeevd with it though when you have plenty of time for google.

You dont have time to google during work but you do have time to listen to inane rubbish on the radio...OK. :rolleyes:

You dont have time to google during work but you do have time to listen to inane rubbish on the radio...OK. :rolleyes:

Like haters like yourself often say 'it's on in the background I can't help but listen to it'. Difference is I enjoy listening as I work. Its a concept called multi tasking, it may be alien to you.

Like haters like yourself often say 'it's on in the background I can't help but listen to it'. Difference is I enjoy listening as I work. Its a concept called multi tasking, it may be alien to you.

You're quick to call me a hater but its really just an ability to point out crap on the radio.

I enjoy most radio, as most posters will tell you here...just not D'arcy, Tubridy and to a lesser extent Foley. I slag others off like Duffy and Finucane mainly cos of their gross unjustified wages but find them some bit entertaining for all their flaws.

The only hater here seems to be you with your increasing amounts of personal insults towards posters on this thread. I thought Darcy listeners were meant to be 'great craic' altogether and possessed an endlessly sunny disposition to their character. Oh well looks like I was wrong again... see ya round, hater.

You're quick to call me a hater but its really just an ability to point out crap on the radio.

I enjoy most radio, as most posters will tell you here...just not D'arcy, Tubridy and to a lesser extent Foley. I slag others off like Duffy and Finucane mainly cos of their gross unjustified wages but find them some bit entertaining for all their flaws.

The only hater here seems to be you with your increasing amounts of personal insults towards posters on this thread. I thought Darcy listeners were meant to be 'great craic' altogether and possessed an endlessly sunny disposition to their character. Oh well looks like I was wrong again... see ya round, hater.

Excuse you... You were the one to call D'Acys listeners 'morons' in the SECOND post. So its alright for you to personally insult people but you just don't like the taste of your own medicine. If you're going to dish it out at least learn to take it and don't be a hypocrite. Since you can't keep this up (I'd say thats not the first time someone said that to you before) I'll let you run on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

fryup wrote: »
    why don't we all text his show asking...:)

"when are you emigrating"

he did say it

excellent idea...what is the number you text too and we all text at the same time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Ok folks a quick reminder to all here to cut the crap or bans will follow if people insist on breaching the forum charter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

It was a stupid thing to say if he didn't mean it - think he said it on the Brendan O'Connor TV Show?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭TimmyTarmac

Whether he mean't it or not, I expect decisive action from the coalition Government. D'arcy must be expelled to somewhere inaccessible in Sub-Saharan Africa. There must be no access to broadcasting or internet resources wherever he ends up.
    His passport must be destroyed.

This is your chance to be a hero, Mr Kenny. Act now and save this country!

With apologies to everyone in Sub-Saharan Africa.

• Advertisement

Excuse you... You were the one to call D'Acys listeners 'morons' in the SECOND post. So its alright for you to personally insult people but you just don't like the taste of your own medicine. If you're going to dish it out at least learn to take it and don't be a hypocrite. Since you can't keep this up (I'd say thats not the first time someone said that to you before) I'll let you run on.

Oh dear, is that a sex pun?? the wit is strong with this one. :rolleyes:

Perhaps you should text that into a certain radio show that itself thrives on such clever play on words. its so bold! tee-hee-hee....

Indeed it must have been strong it only took you 40 minutes to get it.

As a matter of interest what radio show DO you actually listen to? Or do you just bitch about shows and presenters on boards?

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Derryleigh

Ray judged him to be inadequate. He doesn't like the cut of his Gib.

Enda gets up and goes to mass of a Sunday, speaks Irish and follows the GAA, two reasons I am sure why the "new Ireland" metrosexual Darcy would not have anything to do with him I am sure.

Indeed it must have been strong it only took you 40 minutes to get it.

Unlike you, I dont spend 40 minutes staring at a thread waiting for a reply. Now you can cream yourself all over again replying to this.

As a matter of interest what radio show DO you actually listen to? Or do you just bitch about shows and presenters on boards?

I made it clear who I dont like already up above.

But if you have to know, I like Off the Ball, Pat Kenny, Newstalk Breakfast, Tom Dunne (to an extent and have defended him against all the 'haters' on the tom dunne thread), Morning Ireland, Lunchtime on Newstalk, Sean Moncrieff, David McWilliams, Eamonn Dunphy, Marc Coleman to an extent, Late debate, anything with rachel english, Right Hook and Matt cooper. oh and mayo and kermode on bbc 5 live.

That fair enough?

I made it clear who I dont like already up above.

But if you have to know, I like Off the Ball, Pat Kenny, Newstalk Breakfast, Tom Dunne (to an extent and have defended him against all the 'haters' on the tom dunne thread), Morning Ireland, Lunchtime on Newstalk, Sean Moncrieff, David McWilliams, Eamonn Dunphy, Marc Coleman to an extent, Late debate, anything with rachel english, Right Hook and Matt cooper. oh and mayo and kermode on bbc 5 live.

That fair enough?

Yes that is fair enough wouldn't be my cup of tea but such is life, people have different tastes and this is what makes us unique. Which is why you shouldn't berate people for liking D'Arcy or call them morons. Your opinion is not Gospel.

Yes that is fair enough wouldn't be my cup of tea but such is life, people have different tastes and this is what makes us unique. Which is why you shouldn't berate people for liking D'Arcy or call them morons. Your opinion is not Gospel.

Erm, never said it was. Maybe you should look up the meaning of "opinion" in the dictionary.

An opinion is exactly that, an opinion. Lots of people have them you know...you dont necessarily have to agree with it.

This is a discussion thread for people of all sorts of opinions. If you examine them closely, and this may shock you now, they dont all necessarily correspond with one another!!

And thank god for that, as it makes the world a far more interesting place don't you think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

which presenters do you actually like?

• Advertisement

which presenters do you actually like?

Care to read 3 posts up?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement