Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 183 ✭✭Paracore

telekon wrote: »
    Erm, never said it was. Maybe you should look up the meaning of "opinion" in the dictionary.

An opinion is exactly that, an opinion. Lots of people have them you know...you dont necessarily have to agree with it.

This is a discussion thread for people of all sorts of opinions. If you examine them closely, and this may shock you now, they dont all necessarily correspond with one another!!

And thank god for that, as it makes the world a far more interesting place don't you think?

Ok so you just regurgitated what I said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Its OK guys. I just emailed the show. When I get a reply I'll post it in the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭older i get better i was

won't be missed he's a lightweight based on gerry ryan if you ask me.

Its OK guys. I just emailed the show. When I get a reply I'll post it in the thread.

What a hero! You're defo gona get laid tonight :)

won't be missed he's a lightweight based on gerry ryan if you ask me.

Drugs wise?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Paracore wrote: »
    Ok so you just regurgitated what I said.

Just saying people should be free to express their opinions. Likewise people should be free to challenge them. Or just plain get upset with them. Free speech and all that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

Care to read 3 posts up?
    would have been impossible while replying to your post on a previous page ,wouldnt it?

would have been impossible while replying to your post on a previous page ,wouldnt it?

Soooorrrryyyyy... I have the settings on 40 posts per page. I'm on a different setting to you obviously.

Just saying people should be free to express their opinions. Likewise people should be free to challenge them. Or just plain get upset with them. Free speech and all that.

Challenge them? Most certainly. Call people morons for listening to his show, definately not.

Paracore wrote: »
    Challenge them? Most certainly. Call people morons for listening to his show, definately not.

Grand. Fine. Whatever. I dont want a ban. See ya later la.

• Advertisement

Grand. Fine. Whatever. I dont want a ban. See ya later la.

Don't call people morons and you wont have to worry about that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Any more back seat modding or abuse directed at any poster will not be tolerated. Bans will be handed out if any further off topic posts are posted.

Please use the report post function if you feel someone is breaching the charter. Myself or Bard will take it from there

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

First 2 numbers are 7 and 14.

This week its gonna be different and not first person in, but they’ll leave lines open for 10 mins and then do a draw. I’ll post up all I’ll hear but I’m gonna miss the 4th at 11.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Donal Og O Baelach

I think the main problem with the show (apart from their unwillingness to change some very tired formats), is its identity crisis.

Every morning, after the 9am news, Ray talks for about 10 min about the main news of the day - Banks, elections, tragedies, etc.

This morning, with earthquakes and tsunamis hitting Japan, he said "So, Laura - how do you eat your toast?"

Now, this would be fine if the show is light entertainment, (as it was orignally), but if he wants to be a current affairs commentator, he needs to be consistent about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

if he wants to be a current affairs commentator, he needs to be consistent about it.

I don't think he does to be honest. The show is light entertainment, a piece of fluff in the morning. That sometimes talks about serious issues.

I have it on everyday and drift in and out of listening. Genuinely like the show. The presenters all work well together and give me a few laughs. Ray can be a bit holyier than thou sometimes but doesn't bother me too much.

3rd is 21... anyone noticing a pattern?

my guess 28,35 next!

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭docjewel

3rd & 4th numbers are 21 & 32

My bad 4th is 32

danniemcq wrote: »
    My bad 4th is 32

They've obviously read this thread and knew you cracked their code :D

54 is the answer anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I used to like Fix It Friday because I'm a bit of a trivia nerd but it looks as if this is running out of steam pretty fast. Too much music, too much inane chat and too much of this stupid Odd One Out quiz. Who the hell comes up with those questions? I reckon it must be a 3 year old.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Who the hell comes up with those questions? I reckon it must be a 3 year old.
    Close. Its Mairead. Sometimes her reasoning for something being the odd one out is obvious only to her

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Macca3000

What's the theme for email bag? I think it's something by the Chieftains but can't seem to find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Macca3000 wrote: »
    What's the theme for email bag? I think it's something by the Chieftains but can't seem to find it.

Think it is called "round the dresser" and yes, by The Chieftans.

Did anyone get the second number this morning.

The first was 5.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭kardarie

The second number is 32.

Thanks for the first as i had missed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

5, 32 and 4 are the numbers thus far me lads/lassies.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 biggs2010

Anyone get the fourth number?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 scrumv

4th number = 17

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Steamer

Just missed the fifth????

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement