Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Btr

Fills up airtime!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Sam05

Anyone having a problem listening to todayfm online since Wed 23rd Mar cannot listen live have to click the watch live and today in watch live section is knocks off after a few mins - really annoying!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

Always found Mairead really funny but today she wrecked my head. Seriously it's an award show, any boutique would be delighted to have her wear their dress. That is not a problem. Yeah it's inconvenient but there was no need for the dramatics.

You'd think after hearing the poor mother who lost her son to cancer she'd put things in perspective.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Daisy!

xalot wrote: »
    Always found Mairead really funny but today she wrecked my head. Seriously it's an award show, any boutique would be delighted to have her wear their dress. That is not a problem. Yeah it's inconvenient but there was no need for the dramatics.

You'd think after hearing the poor mother who lost her son to cancer she'd put things in perspective.

She used to be funny, now she's a tool and up her own arse.

That mother broke my heart this week. Ray rarely cries like that. It was so upsetting but a beautiful tribute to her brave boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Multiple posts deleted. Calling a radio presenter a "knack" or "knacker" is NOT acceptable here. Discussing the use of the term is off topic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭emptybladder

Used to love Ray about 10 years ago, but switched off when he started pontificating. Saw him on with Vincent Brown last week, and he came across as a pompous, arrogant tool. Flicked on his radio show last Friday, within 10 seconds, he mentioned his daughter. I laughed, thought of this thread and switched to Newstalk.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

I can't stand his self righteousness. I'm better than everyone because I run marathons seems to be a common attitude with him nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

swingking wrote: »
    I can't stand his self righteousness. I'm better than everyone because I run marathons seems to be a common attitude with him nowadays.
    Except he can't grow a pair and stand up to the women on the show

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

had to turn off yesterday when he started talking about poo in a childish way and asking two guests if they had poo fights at work. Was somthing youd expect from fm104 or spin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Does anyone come on here to talk about actually liking the show anymore?

They should get John Spillane to join the show. He was gas this morning! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

They are doing some sort of big boob bra running experiment on the show today. Sadly no webcam :(
    Sounds funny though, and ray doesn't seem to know whether to look or not

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Just caught two seconds of Michael O'Leary there at 09:52, why was he on the wireless with D'Arcy?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

snubbleste wrote: »
    Just caught two seconds of Michael O'Leary there at 09:52, why was he on the wireless with D'Arcy?

he was on about their 5k run as mullingar most famous (living) person. oleary did admit live on air that he speaks a lot of bull sh1t

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Steamer

Ray and Jenny had to go off air suddenly, hope everything is ok...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Seems Ray & Jenny had to leave during the radio programme just now. Ian Dempsey stood in with Will straight away. Never heard something like that before.

Hope all is ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

What's after happening to Ray and Jenny? I never heard someone leave in the middle of a show before. Must be a family emergency. Hope all is ok :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

What's after happening to Ray and Jenny? I never heard someone leave in the middle of a show before. Must be a family emergency. Hope all is ok :(

Ray wouldn't leave like that unless it was something serious. I hope everything is okay :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

:( that doesnt sound good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

was away from my desk, did they just leave during a song? Hope everything is ok.

xalot wrote: »
    was away from my desk, did they just leave during a song? Hope everything is ok.

Yeah, Will Hannafin & Ian Dempsey just came on after a song and said Ray & Jenny had to leave. They said they will continue until 11 and Ray Foley will take over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,557 ✭✭✭baldbear

Must be some kind of bad news. Fingers crossed it isn't something terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

Hope all ok... Pretty serious to up and leave mid song...

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭NTC

Hope everything is ok. Not like them.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Yeah, doesn't sound good but fingers crossed everything is ok.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

Them just getting up a leaving is not like them at all...

Hope to god it's nothing too serious

Death in the family according to Ian Dempsey.

Condolences to both.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Ian just announced there was a bereavement - no further detail.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 forensic

Family bereavement.
    Poor Ray and Jenny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Mr Magners

Ian just siad it's a family bereavement.

My symapthies to them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

They've just said that there's been a bereavement... can't give too much detail, but they've had to rush off. No matter who it's gotta be horrible!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement