Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭the_one_&_only

Death in the family according to Ian Dempsey.

Condolences to both.

Yeh they just said that there.

Condolences to them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Condolences to both

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Oh dear.

Condolences to both of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,557 ✭✭✭baldbear

I feel sad for them. :( A sudden death is terrible. The today fm family will be very quiet today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Poor Ray and Jenny :( Condolences, whoever it is belonging to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

A death in family is always hard, but hopefully they are not too close.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

my condolences too. very sad. it wouldn't be like them to leave the show if it wasn't very serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Gosh I am so sad to hear that! My sincere condolances to the family and friends involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Loveless

What's after happening to Ray and Jenny? I never heard someone leave in the middle of a show before. Must be a family emergency. Hope all is ok :(

I remember Phil Cawley was on air on TodayFM when he got the news that his mam had passed away. He paid tribute "to his biggest fan who always supported him from the start" ..it was quite moving.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mulner92

Didn't have a clue what happened when Ray Foley came on early, commiserations to Ray.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 noodlesmc

Has anyone heard who it is yet :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 39,818 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Ah right turned on the radio expecting to hear darcy and hear foley but I understand why now. Condolences to ray or jenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭NTC

Sorry to hear that. My condolances.

So is ray still on till half two then or what ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Jennys Father, Michael Kelly passed away in his sleep. Source: Today FM news.

RIP

It's jennys father who has died.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

They just announced what happened. Jennys Dad passed away in his sleep. It's very sad!

My condolences to all affected xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Jenny's father died. Condolences to all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

Fair play to Sonia O'Sullivan for stepping in to lead the Run with Ray today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

That's very sad. They mentioned him a few times during the week, the Mullingar connection :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Aw, was wondering why Ray Foley was on early. Poor Jenny and Ray :(

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭BO-JANGLES

Very sad. Condolences to both of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 d2carazy

my condolences to both RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭FrDougalMcguire

My condolences to Ray, Jenny and families

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭robo

The Independent have the story this morning:
    D'Arcy's show taken off air after co-host's father dies

BROADCASTER Ray D'Arcy's popular morning show on Today FM was dramatically taken off-air yesterday after the sudden death of the father of his co-presenter and partner Jenny Kelly.

Solicitor Michael Kelly, whose clients included former Fine Gael Minister Michael Lowry, passed away in his sleep.

Mr Kelly was a high-profile solicitor who previously ran a law practice with Supreme Court Judge Mr Justice Joseph Finnegan, the former president of the High Court who was a solicitor before he was appointed to the bench. Mr Kelly acted for a number of developers and also represented Mr Lowry at the Moriarty Tribunal.

The tragic news was broken to daughter Jenny, the producer of the Ray D'Arcy show, by management at Today FM. Today FM chief executive Willie O'Reilly broke the news personally to Ms Kelly and Mr D'Arcy in his office after requesting they come off-air.

The abrupt halt to the programme sparked thousands of listeners to text and call into Today FM, unaware of the family tragedy.

The couple had been due to lead 800 people in a 5k run in Ringsend yesterday, part of the Today FM programme's Run With Ray campaign, but athlete Sonia O'Sullivan stepped in to take their place.

A family friend described the late Michael Kelly last night as "a great raconteur and storyteller, and the life and soul of the table at any dinner party".

Mr Kelly is survived by his wife Cathy, son Michael and daughters Jenny and Suzanne.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭UpCork

I was listening to the show yesterday morning, but didn't hear the end of it at all.

Only the day before when they were in Mullingar they were talking about it being Jenny's dads homeplace and what a fan of the Dubs he was etc

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭UpCork

Obviously there was no Ray today.

When I hear Anton Savage I usually switch over- he wasn't so bad today though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

UpCork wrote: »
    Obviously there was no Ray today.

When I hear Anton Savage I usually switch over- he wasn't so bad today though.
    I'd listen to Anton Savage anyday before D'Arcy now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Ah Anton is alright. A bit scattered but I like him.

Suppose Ray will be off for a few days at least?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Clare Bear wrote: »
    Ah Anton is alright. A bit scattered but I like him.

Suppose Ray will be off for a few days at least?
    I actually think he's excellent and comes across as grounded and very intelligent imo

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement