Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

amiable wrote: »
    I actually think he's excellent and comes across as grounded and very intelligent imo

Yeah I do like him. It's hard to fill in for another person like Ray too. I just miss Ray when he's not on. But Anton is pretty good as a filler for a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Clare Bear wrote: »
    Yeah I do like him. It's hard to fill in for another person like Ray too. I just miss Ray when he's not on. But Anton is pretty good as a filler for a few days.
    I think he does an excellent job covering for Matt Cooper too:)

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭UpCork

Ah Anton is alright. A bit scattered but I like him.

Suppose Ray will be off for a few days at least?

Yeah. Funeral is Wednesday so I am presuming he may be back Thursday. Jenny probably next week. Will be difficult though, knowing the listeners are waiting for you to mention it etc.

I didn't know he filled in for Matt Cooper too. I rarely get to listen to him anymore though. So he's the emergency fill in man then? :)
    UpCork wrote: »
    Yeah. Funeral is Wednesday so I am presuming he may be back Thursday. Jenny probably next week. Will be difficult though, knowing the listeners are waiting for you to mention it etc.

Ah right. He might be out for the week so maybe. Hopefully all the messages of support from all the listeners will be of some comfort for Jenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,557 ✭✭✭baldbear

I saw Jennys dads death notice in the paper. I had to smile when i saw "Up The Dubs!" at the bottom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

I didn't know he filled in for Matt Cooper too. I rarely get to listen to him anymore though. So he's the emergency fill in man then? :)

Yeah he does the sunday business show too

He's also a journalist and works as a communications adviser as far as i know

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Anton is a solid replacement. I just wish Mairead Farrell would shut the f*ck up, She ruins it butting in with inane comments.

baldbear wrote: »
    I saw Jennys dads death notice in the paper. I had to smile when i saw "Up The Dubs!" at the bottom.

I smiled too, but found it slightly eerie that the day before when in Westmeath they were talking about it being her father's homeplace but then Ray said how Mr Kelly was a staunch Dublin supporter.

So sad for them all and even worse when you are in the public eye to a certain extent as everyone knows your business.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

I'd listen to Anton Savage anyday before D'Arcy now
    I actually think he's excellent and comes across as grounded and very intelligent imo
    Yeah he does the sunday business show too

He's also a journalist and works as a communications adviser as far as i know

Anton has a bit of a stalker admirer I think :D

Must agree though, he is excellent.

All male show today with just Anton and Will - felt different.

I really like Will - he's a fountain of knowledge ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭shanew

+1 for Mr. Savage - he's doing a good job

I also thought the 'Anton & Will' show worked well today..

shanew wrote: »
    +1 for Mr. Savage - he's doing a good job

I also thought the 'Anton & Will' show show worked well today..

Indeed. I know Mairéad irritates a few people but I don't mind her. I like it when she and Jenny usually gang up on Ray.
    Hopefully it won't be long before the gang are back together....yes D'arcy irritates me sometimes, but after a small break when I listened to Tubridy I'm back and enjoying the show ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

GR88 wrote: »
    Anton is a solid replacement. I just wish Mairead Farrell would shut the f*ck up, She ruins it butting in with inane comments.

i'm convinced she fancies him. All the little digs........
    check out her styling his hair on youtube. auld gormless anton hasn't copped

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

I'm a big D'Arcy fan but I do love when Anton is on the show. He is brilliant on Matt Cooper as well and not many DJ's could do that show.

RIP Mr Kelly

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

digzy wrote: »
    i'm convinced she fancies him. All the little digs........
    check out her styling his hair on youtube. auld gormless anton hasn't copped
    she has a boyfriend already.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

cats.life wrote: »

who's she dating?

zuroph wrote: »
    who's she dating?
    some one who,s blind :D i havent a clue, but when ray asked her who was she running with on the 5k run ,she said ''my boyfriend''. so ray then went all uuhh mairead has a boyfriend and she got all titchey .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 183 ✭✭Paracore

cats.life wrote: »

She doesn't hang about does she? Not that long since she split with the husband. Not surprised though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Paracore wrote: »
    She doesn't hang about does she? Not that long since she split with the husband. Not surprised though.

Gerrup outta that ye big oulwan.

ANyone know when Ray will be back? Surely he'll be off for the rest of the week.

• Advertisement

Paracore wrote: »

Ah they announced the split last July and were over months before that so it's been a year, that's enough time to get over it and move on. She's not exactly Jordan jumping from one husband to the next! :)

I'd say Ray will be off for the week now, which is fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,818 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Listened to the anton and will show on tuesday and liked it, cant lie it flowed well. What was todays like ?

my heart is broken for jenny, i know what its like to lose a parent that quick, it has not lodged in her head yet that her dad wont be coming back, it will take along long time for that to happen.

KC is on today, he's grand, but I never thought I'd hear myself say I miss Anton.

Ray back tomorrow apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

Way prefer KC to Anton, he's much more fun..Anton is better when covering for Matt cooper imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭heyheyhey1982

I think Ray was an idiot saying they burried him with the docket- whats the odds on his grave been dug up in the future- lot of desperate people out there:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Do you reckon it wasn't claimed? I was thinking they claimed it then asked for the docket back to bury him with.

There's no way they'd leave €5k unclaimed.

I just presumed they claimed it then asked for the docket back.

Ray started off sounding very subdue today. However, now he's trying a little to hard to sound jolly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭heyheyhey1982

i got the impression he was burried with unclaimed docket. Seemed to be a wealthy family- top soliciter. I could be wrong- some bet though- 5700euros on a player that never won much.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Maybe they gave the money to charity? They'd hardly let it go unclaimed, regardless of wealth.

Genealogy Forum Mod

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement