Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭trebor28

She broke up with her husband recently. Even D'arcy seemed shocked she dropped the Boyfriend bomb. I really dont care what she does. I just felt it was strange, now i can have that idea and i dont need someone saying "you're thinking wrong, this is the 21st century you should be more liberal". Well i'm not.

whats recently?

i would say she was broke up with the husband longer than you are on boards.ie!

the husband used to do Johnson on gift grub, hes long gone from that which i would say coincides with them breaking up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭heyheyhey1982

Clanket wrote: »
    Not only do you have no idea, it's none of your business.

So using your logic - its none of your business what i say
    trebor28 wrote: »
    whats recently?

i would say she was broke up with the husband longer than you are on boards.ie!

the husband used to do Johnson on gift grub, hes long gone from that which i would say coincides with them breaking up

I really dont care at this point. i made a passing comment about it being a bit strange to make a comment like that on the radio and i'm being hounded. Obviously some people are sensative as they have there own skelatons in the closet:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

So using your logic - its none of your business what i say

No by my logic it's none of my business to make a comment about your personal life and how you deal with your kids. Anything you post on Boards is fair game.

No by my logic it's none of my business to make a comment about your personal life and how you deal with your kids. Anything you post on Boards is fair game.

But i'm not a public persona- she is.... she is fair game. she puts herself on shows and panels to make money. i therefore think i can make a comment without someone like you saying how wrong am i. I didnt say she was a Nazi or an axe murederer, but you feel my opinion is wrong- but i dont care what you think of my comment. I'm neither right or wrong- its an opinion.

Yes and you can make any comment you like about her public persona. That you like her, don't like her, think she wears too much blah blah blah.

In my opinion though, you're overstepping the mark when you start commenting on her children and how she behaves with them when you haven't got a clue what you're talking about.

• Advertisement

Your not happy with my opinion. If she makes a comment on the radio like she did i can make a comment on it. Thats my whole point. If she hadnt of made the comment i wouldnt of known/ cared. Its is her private life- but she likes to broadcast her private life for some reason. If this was broadcast in a Gossip column your point would be valid. She announced it on air- she's fair game.

Your going to comment back with another angle on how i am wrong. I really wouldnt of made another comment after the first one i made on this topic. For some reason its drove you mad. i wonder why.

by the way my original comment was "In fairness its one thing breaking up with a boyfriend and jumping the next bloke that walked by... but when your married with kids its a bit much." it was harldy damning of her and i think its a light enough comment- you swear i was calling her a slut and she should hang her head in shame.

Paracore wrote: »
    She doesn't hang about does she? Not that long since she split with the husband. Not surprised though.
    "In fairness its one thing breaking up with a boyfriend and jumping the next bloke that walked by... but when your married with kids its a bit much."

I just cant stand the stereotypical Irish begrudgery. We had Paracore's comment a while back then you just continued it on with pointless criticism when you don't in fact know anything more than I do about the girls situation. All she said was she had a boyfriend. Big whoopty Dooo. You do know divorce is legal in Ireland now?

Anyhooo. I'm leaving it at that. Carry on

I just cant stand the stereotypical Irish begrudgery. We had Paracore's comment a while back then you just continued it on with pointless criticism when you don't in fact know anything more than I do about the girls situation. All she said was she had a boyfriend. Big whoopty Dooo. You do know divorce is legal in Ireland now?

Anyhooo. I'm leaving it at that. Carry on

Oh wow your leaving it- you dragged this thread off topic like it was a refferendum. I made a passing comment and you had to defend someone you know just as much about as me.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

"heyheyhey1982" and "Clanket" - drop the off topic shite or you can both "leave it" on a more permanent basis. Thank you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

Unfortunately I'm forced to listedn to Ray Darcy in work, what's the story with him constantly chuckling at things that aren't funny. On top of that he does that predictable sigh all the time. Very annoying. The there is his constant obsession with technology/social norms now compared to the past. It gets very tiresome.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 183 ✭✭Paracore

Yeah Clanket, jog on...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Unfortunately I'm forced to listedn to Ray Darcy in work, what's the story with him constantly chuckling at things that aren't funny. On top of that he does that predictable sigh all the time. Very annoying. The there is his constant obsession with technology/social norms now compared to the past. It gets very tiresome.

God that laboured sigh is so lame. At this stage, it's just something he throws in when a gag isn't very funny and nobody on the team can think of a way of drawing the item to a close. Meetings, people. Maybe a bit of prep?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Bubblegums

I gave up on that little weed long long ago, he's also shrinking before your eyes and ears as the big Lady takes over the show, it's not been the Ray D'Arcy show for years, he has all these hangers on wannabe Mrs D'Arcy-ies crawling up his crack, it's just student radio shoite ...

Gerry May had a lucky escape!!

I moved from that to Gerry Ryan for ages til the poor chap died last year.. :(

I now listen to Newstalk :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

It's a great show when Anton Savage fills in, though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

Did anyone just hear The Coronas version of Examples 'Kickstarts' on Ray D'arcy today?? Pure class! Then Ray admitted he never actually listened to the lyrics until then, what DJ does that?! :D

Sorry Bard, got sucked in.

Anyhoooo.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭lmkman

What was the apology to the BCI for just before the 10am news.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

lmkman wrote: »
    What was the apology to the BCI for just before the 10am news.

Back in January when Will was ranting about the Economic crisis in Ireland he let a few F-Bombs drop on air. Someone complained to the BCI and they were found to be in breach of regulations.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

statto25 wrote: »
    Back in January when Will was ranting about the Economic crisis in Ireland he let a few F-Bombs drop on air. Someone complained to the BCI and they were found to be in breach of regulations.

That was a class little rant though. Will does have some great rants!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

have to say he went very ott today on the royal wedding. Only listened in briefly and had to change but could still hear him waffling on later when flicking through stations in the car

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Dub Ste

neris wrote: »
    have to say he went very ott today on the royal wedding. Only listened in briefly and had to change but could still hear him waffling on later when flicking through stations in the car

Des Bishop yesterday,all this royal sh*te today,Ray,you really need to up your game.

I really don't know what the deal is with Bishop and D'Arcy,I've lost count the number of times he's been on his show,and everytime I have to switch off,as I just cannot bear Bishop,and the totally unfunny crap he comes out with.

I'm sure if I had my own radio show,I'd do the same,have my mates on,but I'd just hope my mates were a damn sight funnier than Bishop....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Dub Ste wrote: »
    Des Bishop yesterday,all this royal sh*te today,Ray,you really need to up your game.

I really don't know what the deal is with Bishop and D'Arcy,I've lost count the number of times he's been on his show,and everytime I have to switch off,as I just cannot bear Bishop,and the totally unfunny crap he comes out with.

I'm sure if I had my own radio show,I'd do the same,have my mates on,but I'd just hope my mates were a damn sight funnier than Bishop....

Say Again?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

Dub Ste wrote: »

Let me guess- he told that immersion story yet again. :rolleyes:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

el diablo wrote: »
    Let me guess- he told that immersion story yet again. :rolleyes:
    no. he chated about his fathers death.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Steamer

What's the competition today? Missed the start of the show. Numbers is it? Anyone get any?

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭UpCork

Didn't hear the show today. Is Jenny back yet? I haven't heard her on the show since her Dad passed away.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

UpCork wrote: »
    Didn't hear the show today. Is Jenny back yet? I haven't heard her on the show since her Dad passed away.

No she isn't. They must have exceptional compassionate leave terms in place at Today FM.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭UpCork

No she isn't. They must have exceptional compassionate leave terms in place at Today FM.

Actually come to think if it, I'm sure she doesn't work on a Monday, so therefore she may have today off in lieu of yesterday etc.

I knew she wouldn't be on the week after her dad died, but thought she'd be back the few days before Easter. Don't think she's even been mentioned (i.e. Jenny has taken some time off due to her dad's death etc).

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Steamer

Anyone know what the competition is? What do you do with the answers?

• Advertisement

Don't know exactly but they seem to give 5 things then ask a question. Today it's films:-

1) Heard it but cannot remember it
    2) Love Actually.

Anyone get the first?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement