Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,586 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Clanket wrote: »
    Don't know exactly but they seem to give 5 things then ask a question. Today it's films:-

1) Heard it but cannot remember it
    2) Love Actually.

Anyone get the first?

first was

da vinci code

they will probably ask what country was the movie set in
    ie da vinci code = italy
    love actually = england

or maybe they might ask what city was each movie located... then
    da vinci code = rome
    love actually = london

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

The Da Vinci Code was set in numerous places wasn't it?

suppose so.

third one was Amelie BTW

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Clanket wrote: »
    The Da Vinci Code was set in numerous places wasn't it?

I don't think it was in Rome at all - mostly Paris and London, with a bit of Scotland and some America. You might be thinking of the other Dan Brown movie - Angels & Demons, which was mostly in Rome.

Genealogy Forum Mod

oh thats it, i was thinking about the vatican.....

wonder what question they will ask then??

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Crap, I missed the last one :(

vicki christina barcalona

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Elliee

Answer is tom hanks

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Steamer

Missed Fourth Footballer, anyone know who it was?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Anyone hear the first landmark this morning?

The second is Big Ben.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭okla

pinkypinky wrote: »
    Anyone hear the first landmark this morning?

The second is Big Ben.

It was the eiffel tower.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭UpCork

To answer my own question from earlier in the week. Ray just said that we'll have news on Jenny next week. Hope she is coming back. I quite enjoy the banter between the four of them :)

Anyone get number 3? 4 is The Colloseum

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

no news on the third???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

the 3rd was the Sagrado Familia, the absolutely massive Church in the centre of Barcelona :D Good luck everyone!

Answer is London

I didn't win ...:(:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Would he stop playing that bloody Declan O'Rourke song that he plays nearly every day! Yes we know it's your daughter's favourite, once or twice was enough, now give it a rest! I wouldn't mind if it was one of Declan O'Rourke's better songs but it's just a rubbish album filler.

He could also give Adele a rest now, as much as I like her he doesn't need to play her constantly.

Clare Bear wrote: »
    Would he stop playing that bloody Declan O'Rourke song that he plays nearly every day! Yes we know it's your daughter's favourite, once or twice was enough, now give it a rest! I wouldn't mind if it was one of Declan O'Rourke's better songs but it's just a rubbish album filler.

He could also give Adele a rest now, as much as I like her he doesn't need to play her constantly.

I agree. Much as I love Adele, if I hear "Rolling in the Deep" once more, I'll throw the radio out the window....there are loads of other Adele songs that are never played

No.1 today was The Script...
    I've just missed one, don't know if it was no. 2 or 3? Can anyone help?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭hellfish08

3 was Air, missed no. 2

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭aliocroc

2 was Kraftwork!!

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭aliocroc

4 was Artic Monkeys

No. 4 Arctic Monkeys ;)

Intent connection strange today, keeps cutting off todayfm on me. So gave up. Are they in Dusseldorf today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭purrrfect1

Wednesday - I think that s what he said

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Donal Og O Baelach

Clare Bear wrote: »

He played that Outcast song - Hey Ya! - every day, for four years. I know, 'cos i heard it. I'm in the 'Special' home now, and I still can't get the feckin' thing out of my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

"July" by Mundy will be next. He'll play it every day from now on till the end of August. Or has it started already? :rolleyes:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭supersheeps

He played that Outcast song - Hey Ya! - every day, for four years. I know, 'cos i heard it. I'm in the 'Special' home now, and I still can't get the feckin' thing out of my head.

And played that song at the same time almost every day too, I was always at the same point of my journey to work when it came on...started to think I was going mad, still get freaked out when I hear that song and I'm nowhere near the RDS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Anyone think that Ray D'Arcy has aged super-fast? I was watching a programme on TV3 tonight about kids' TV where they showed plenty of clips of his time on The Den and 2 Phat.
    Jaysus, the guy seems to have aged about 50 years in that relatively short space of time, compared with Ian Dempsey.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement