Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 bored@workagain

I have text in a number of times to him but imagine he never read them out obviously above criticism.

Firstly ppl will say if u dont like him change da station grand I have and everything else around is crap at that time and also kinda like the show and testament to how good da show could be is when he hits da road on his hols…

So todays last piece he had ur man doin the ultra running. Ray had his whole pessimistic voice on huming and haying about ur man then had da audacity to ask ur man if he was running away from something the cheek of it I don’t remember his asking ming if cos he ran 26 miles is he running away from something and when he is on his high horse telling everyone they should run its ok

One man’s 5 k is anothers marathon and another man’s marathon is another’s ultra. If ur man wants to test his mental endurance and has got used to marathons go for it and the tone of the little mans was proper negative through the whole thing

The difference in him 2day and when da 5 k’s were on was unreal I for one think that the midget is feeling a extra small cos he’s not the fittest man in da room poor fella think hes da one with the issues.

[MOD EDIT]: Personal abuse towards radio presenters is NOT allowed and plenty has been removed from this post - watch it in future, please - next time you will be banned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

You must really be bored at work

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Andrew Maxwell again?

The rotation of the same guests over and over is getting a bit tiresome.

Tommy Tiernan

Des Bishop

Andrew Maxwell

(repeat)

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

Poor old Tubs, the just a minute quizz particpant said he used to listen to Gerry and he has recently switched over much to the delight of Ray

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

miketv wrote: »
    Poor old Tubs, the just a minute quizz particpant said he used to listen to Gerry and he has recently switched over much to the delight of Ray
    Poor old you getting slightly confused:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

amiable wrote: »
    Poor old you getting slightly confused:p
    hands up! silly me ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

miketv wrote: »

Don't tell me he's still doing that "Odd One Out" shyte. "cabbage, turnip, Mars Bar. :rolleyes:

Can't believe people are still listening to this tired old crap from D'arsey. :confused:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

el diablo wrote: »
    Don't tell me he's still doing that "Odd One Out" shyte. "cabbage, turnip, Mars Bar. :rolleyes:

Can't believe people are still listening to this tired old crap from D'arsey. :confused:
    ya can not believe that yer still posting in on this, there are other presenters who should not be on tv never mind radio. ray is one of the best, yes some times he dont read out txt,s from listeners but how many txt,s does he get in the 3 hours he,s on, he cant read them all out, any way its Will who gives ray the text,s to read .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

cats.life wrote: »
    ya can not believe that yer still posting in on this, there are other presenters who should not be on tv never mind radio. ray is one of the best, yes some times he dont read out txt,s from listeners but how many txt,s does he get in the 3 hours he,s on, he cant read them all out, any way its Will who gives ray the text,s to read .

Your post is not easy to read and I never said anything about reading out texts.:confused: Anyway, I haven't listened to his show in a few years but it seems that nothing has changed with his tired old format.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

Your post is not easy to read and I never said anything about reading out texts.:confused: Anyway, I haven't listened to his show in a few years but it seems that nothing has changed with his tired old format.
    16_4_8.gif16_14_38.gif thought you might like these,;) every one likes flowers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

Has Jenny still not returned?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Cat82

I haven't listened to his show in a few years but it seems that nothing has changed with his tired old format.

I think its a case of 'If its not broke, don't fix it'.

Yeah she is back. Not sure when she returned but I think it was when they were at Eurovision and she was back in the office. She was definitely in fix it friday on the 21st as she said thank you to everyone for all their kind mesages etc. Haven't heard it this week so not sure if she was in.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭UpCork

Jenny is back. This she was off for about a month

• Registered Users Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

I have text in a number of times to him but imagine he never read them out obviously above criticism.

Firstly ppl will say if u dont like him change da station grand I have and everything else around is crap at that time and also kinda like the show and testament to how good da show could be is when he hits da road on his hols…

So todays last piece he had ur man doin the ultra running. Ray had his whole pessimistic voice on huming and haying about ur man then had da audacity to ask ur man if he was running away from something the cheek of it I don’t remember his asking ming if cos he ran 26 miles is he running away from something and when he is on his high horse telling everyone they should run its ok

One man’s 5 k is anothers marathon and another man’s marathon is another’s ultra. If ur man wants to test his mental endurance and has got used to marathons go for it and the tone of the little mans was proper negative through the whole thing

The difference in him 2day and when da 5 k’s were on was unreal I for one think that the midget is feeling a extra small cos he’s not the fittest man in da room poor fella think hes da one with the issues.

[MOD EDIT]: Personal abuse towards radio presenters is NOT allowed and plenty has been removed from this post - watch it in future, please - next time you will be banned
    Nice spelling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Gophur

Darcy was advising listeners, this morning, to wear "factor" as there is good weather on the way.

"factor"? FFS. Is the man educated in any way?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,470 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Gophur wrote: »
    Darcy was advising listeners, this morning, to wear "factor" as there is good weather on the way.

"factor"? FFS. Is the man educated in any way?

ah here, lets be fair....

he specifically said that WHO has admitted that factor 15 is not enough and that we should be wearing factor 20-30.

so he DID specifically refer to a factor strength !

sydthebeat wrote: »
    ah here, lets be fair....

he specifically said that WHO has admitted that factor 15 is not enough and that we should be wearing factor 20-30.

so he DID specifically refer to a factor strength !

He referred to Sunscreen as "factor". One does not put "factor" on one's skin.

"Factor" is a rating for the product, it is not the product. I expect a professional broadcaster to, at least, get the name of the product right.

As a show, it's turned into the Jenny and Mairead Show, as it seems these two decide what goes. Ray has turned into a woman.

(Once he mentioned the use of "factor", I switched the programme off.)

Very tedious.

Does it really matter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goingpostal

Must.....resist......abusing.....radio.....presenter.....to....avoid....ban....

Very tedious.

Does it really matter?

Yes it does. It's like going into a pub and ordering a drink without telling the barman what brand or what percentage volume you want.

• Advertisement

Very tedious.

Does it really matter?

Nothing matters, so, if that's the attitude.

It's the very acceptance of such low level of intellect that keeps it on our airwaves.

Gophur wrote: »
    Nothing matters, so, if that's the attitude.

It's the very acceptance of such low level of intellect that keeps it on our airwaves.
    Fair enough. I turned him off my radio ages ago

Good luck in your crusade:D

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭timbertime

Yes it does. It's like going into a pub and ordering a drink without telling the barman what brand or what percentage volume you want.

To be fair you don't go into a bar and order smirnoff vodka 37.5% please. You just ask for a vodka.
    It was obvious what he was talking about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

What percentage volume do you normally order on a night out?

What percentage volume do you normally order on a night out?

It depends. If I have been forced to listen to D'Arcy at work that morning, then I will usually mix me up some of that mighty fine panther juice and lie in a ditch, attempting to blot out the awful memories. Otherwise, I am a very civilized imbiber.

timbertime wrote: »
    To be fair you don't go into a bar and order smirnoff vodka 37.5% please. You just ask for a vodka.
    It was obvious what he was talking about.

By asking for a vodka, you are ordering the product. By saying "percentage by volume/proof" you are ordering the strength of the product, without specifying even what strength you want. The analogy holds for "sunscreen/sunblock" and "factor". All you have to do is listen to D'Arcy on a semi-continual, non-voluntary basis, and multiply these sloppy, lazy instances of his slapdash approach, and you will understand my pedantry.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,470 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

he DID refer to the strength....

if you didnt hear it... fair enough, but going onto this forum to question his education says more about you than him IMHO

I know nothing about the man's education and care even less. He could have a PhD in Neuroscience for all I know. My sole point is that his amateurish, lazy, sloppy, slapdash approach to the execution of his duties as a radio presenter is symptomatic of the malaise and acceptance of mediocrity which has brought our country to the brink of financial oblivion. Or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

His anti FG bias is really obvious these days isn't it, I think every morning this week he started off his show with a failed attempt to humourously attack them via the paper review.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

By asking for a vodka, you are ordering the product. By saying "percentage by volume/proof" you are ordering the strength of the product, without specifying even what strength you want. The analogy holds for "sunscreen/sunblock" and "factor". All you have to do is listen to D'Arcy on a semi-continual, non-voluntary basis, and multiply these sloppy, lazy instances of his slapdash approach, and you will understand my pedantry.

Hmmm, when I was on hols last month I distinctly remember asking my OH to pass me the "factor20" not the "sunscreen" to avoid confusion.

A radio show isn't meant to sound like your reading a script, maybe if you want to listen to perfectly pedantic prose you should switch to a rolling news bulletin.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement