Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

I wonder will a day come when ray plays the same songs over and over to death until i hate them?

Yes, that is everyday! :mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 hongdou

signature2.jpg,seo1.jpg,seo2.jpg,uk2.jpg,liu.jpgyeah ,I think so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭heyheyhey1982

I honestly cant listen to Hey ya ever again as it is the most over played song Da'rcy has ever played. Arcade fire- tried to destroy them too but i'd turn off as soon as he moentioned music was coming on.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

I like him and the crew on the show. Saying that though, I grew up with him, watching the Den and he was mighty craic in that. I loved when he had the fights with the panda.

Happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Dub Ste

Andrew Maxwell again?

The rotation of the same guests over and over is getting a bit tiresome.

Tommy Tiernan

Des Bishop

Andrew Maxwell

(repeat)

Jaysus,McSavage AGAIN:mad::mad:

Cannot stand the man,but Ray didn't like it when he was having a go at his little pet,Des Bishop.Couldn't really make out if he was being serious,but either way ray didn't like it,so not all bad :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

And the same shagging songs played to death again today.

One day last August, myself and my wife were in the car and sitting in traffic and ray was on and as a laugh, i turned to her and said "i bet you any money ray plays "The Heathers - Remember When" next".

20 seconds later guess what came on... we just turned to each other and looked bemused!

P.s. on a side note... besides this issue, i think the show is great, dont get me wrong... ive grown up too with Ray on tv and radio and the show has got me through many a long day at work!

But this issue is a long lasting one (maybe the past 4 or 5 years) and just annoys me to the point of actually turning the radio off or changing over to another station.

I bet you Ray and the team read this... so i as a long time listener, am begging you to please stop playing the ****e out of each song day after day until we hate that particular song. Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

I remember when he used to play a song every day by (i think) toploader, 'dancing in the moonlight'?
    I dont listen to him but he never really annoyed me when I heard him on the radio

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Access wrote: »
    One day last August, myself and my wife were in the car and sitting in traffic and ray was on and as a laugh, i turned to her and said "i bet you any money ray plays "The Heathers - Remember When" next".

20 seconds later guess what came on... we just turned to each other and looked bemused!
    [/B]

*Intro* La la la la laaaaaaa ahhh la la la la laaaaa

Ray: "Ehhh and we'll play that in its entirety, after this break".

*silence*

Ray: "Ehhh, who has been messing with this now. What is wrong here? Ehh, eject, eject, eject, and aahhh there we go".

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Inishowen lady

He's gotten fierce grumpy of late too, don't think he enjoys the gig anymore.

Was listening to some BBC radio 1 podcasts on hols recently, noticed that a lot of Rays features & fun bits are taken from the Chris Moyles show

I turned off for a long time and listened to The late Gerry Ryan.RIP. now flick between T Dunne and da'rcy. cant listen to Tubs for more than 5 minutes

Da'rcy overplays the same songs, and can be a bit high and mighty on how he looks after himself, Running, keeping fit etc.... we all love our children, but if i hear about Kate dancing to Gallileo or the fact she loves ice age i'm gonna swerve onto the opposite side of the road.:eek:

Get with it Da'rcy! FFS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

Access wrote: »
    And the same shagging songs played to death again today.

P.s. on a side note... besides this issue, i think the show is great, dont get me wrong... ive grown up too with Ray on tv and radio and the show has got me through many a long day at work!

But this issue is a long lasting one (maybe the past 4 or 5 years) and just annoys me to the point of actually turning the radio off or changing over to another station.

I bet you Ray and the team read this... so i as a long time listener, am begging you to please stop playing the ****e out of each song day after day until we hate that particular song. Thank you.
    same as you , its now ''i need a doller,doller is what i need'' at 10.20 or 10.30. and read in todays paper ZIG AND ZAG ARE GOING TO HAVE THEIR OWN TV SHOW ,oh happy days:). we (the public )send in dvd,s of us killing each other by accident or granny swinging on a tyre into a lake. just like oooopps tv on itv.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭KylieWyley

Gophur wrote: »
    He referred to Sunscreen as "factor". One does not put "factor" on one's skin.

"Factor" is a rating for the product, it is not the product. I expect a professional broadcaster to, at least, get the name of the product right.

As a show, it's turned into the Jenny and Mairead Show, as it seems these two decide what goes. Ray has turned into a woman.

(Once he mentioned the use of "factor", I switched the programme off.)
    Gophur wrote: »
    Nobody's "worked up" about it, apart from the people replying to the observation.

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goingpostal

I think the near-obsessive discussion of sexual topics on his show is inappropriate. The show is on at 9am. Lots of parents will be shuttling their progeny to and fro at that hour. Its not the time to be discussing that topic. I could also do without some of the mental images it conjures up for me, of midgets on the job. My brain's mental filter is not fully functional at that time of the morning.

factor |ˈfaktər|
    noun
    1 a circumstance, fact, or influence that contributes to a result or outcome : his legal problems were not a factor in his decision | she worked fast, conscious of the time factor.
    • Biology a gene that determines a hereditary characteristic : the Rhesus factor.
    2 a number or quantity that when multiplied with another produces a given number or expression.
    • Mathematics a number or algebraic expression by which another is exactly divisible.
    3 Physiology any of a number of substances in the blood, mostly identified by numerals, which are involved in coagulation. See factor VIII .
    4 a business agent; a merchant buying and selling on commission.
    • a company that buys a manufacturer's invoices at a discount and takes responsibility for collecting the payments due on them.
    • archaic an agent, deputy, or representative.

Ok, where does it say anything about sun tan lotion or sunblock, here, D'arcy Defenders?? I am only getting to reply to this now, because I had an 'episode' three weeks ago, when this discussion sent me spiralling out of control, and I went on a 14-day bender to blot out all memories of D'Arcy's show. The bender plan obviously didn't work.

RachaelVO wrote: »
    Jesus wept lads, seriously, all this hoo haa over factor vs sunscreen? WTF?

It's really not that important. Some people call it sun factor (myself included) and some say sunscreen (myself included). It's interchangeable

Give it a rest!

You call it 'sun factor'? Seriously? Is this thread just one big conspiracy to destroy my sanity???

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

You call it 'sun factor'? Seriously? Is this thread just one big conspiracy to destroy my sanity???
    Well if that's enough to threaten your sanity well then yes it is a conspiracy
    You need to relax, get out and get some fresh air and sunshine.
    Just don't forget to put plenty of factor on

in fairness i was listening that morning and i never blinked an eye when he said Factor. i'd say factor myself. no big deal. i knew what his point was along with most sane people:D

in fairness i was listening that morning and i never blinked an eye when he said Factor. i'd say factor myself. no big deal. i knew what his point was along with most sane people:D
    Easy now. Someone's sanity is on the line;)

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Why do some people even bother listening to the show if it vexes so much?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

Anybody know the name of the bike lock he was talking about this morning? The one that is locked to the bike with the camera at Stephens green?

• Advertisement

Agreed. He annoys me sometimes but i don't think he threatens my sanity.
    In saying that there isn't much choice in the mornings IMO

Radio out of my control. It doesn't wind me up as much as other posters. I just feel it is becoming a wasted spot. With the same old material over and over and becoming more and more uninteresting.

For example, they have their kids in studio singing this morning. That is irritating not entertaining. . .

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Ray doesnt bother me as much as jenny and mairead. Mairead is just annoying and wont shut up and jenny is lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

For example, they have their kids in studio singing this morning. That is irritating not entertaining. . .

Depends on whether you have kids or not I suppose, I don't so it doesn't appeal to me either, but it is a once off - not like Ray Foley who has the "what's Mia singing" slot every so often - that is VERY irrititating.

Depends on whether you have kids or not I suppose, I don't so it doesn't appeal to me either, but it is a once off - not like Ray Foley who has the "what's Mia singing" slot every so often - that is VERY irrititating.

Nah, Ray Foley uses those clips as entertainment. I find those quite funny. He doesn't bring his kid in to sing twinkle twinkle for their own entertainment.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

mia singing is a legend of a radio slot. gold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

I listened for a change from the dross that is on radio 1 from 9 to 10.

Way too much laughing at his own jokes. The self congratulation for taking a holiday in this country was pretty cringe worthy.

I think if the 2 women were to stay quiet the show could be a little better

xalot wrote: »
    Anybody know the name of the bike lock he was talking about this morning? The one that is locked to the bike with the camera at Stephens green?

Cheeky.com
    is the name of the website he was talking about I think. Obviously just a shameless publicity stunt from fools trying to sell a bicycle lock for 100euro. Stealing a bike is a crime, regardless of whether the person wants you to rob it or not. Suborning people to commit property theft, eh, Ray? Great idea! He was also trying to plug "staycations", probably on behalf of Bord Failte. A woman named Mary texted in and told of her experience of getting charged extortionate prices and getting lousy customer service from some Irish tourist location. Ray and one of his obsequious lady co-presenters both started agreeing with each other, saying "No, we never experienced this terrible service in Ireland, no, never, never", as if this proves that Mary was making the whole story up. That is the point at which I had to leave the room. And for the hundredth time, to all the posters who make the inane comment "If you don't like him, just turn him off", have you ever heard of a communal radio in the workplace, the station to which it is tuned being decided by democratic vote?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

What annoys me with a lot of radio presenters is the way they constantly rabbit on about their kids. I don't care and I don't want to know. We all love our own kids but it can be very boring to listen to somebody talking about their kids ad nauseum.

I don't particularly want to listen to Ray D'arcy's daughter singing The Wheels On The Bus. It's boring radio.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

neris wrote: »
    Ray doesnt bother me as much as jenny and mairead. Mairead is just annoying and wont shut up and jenny is lost.

Ray was good a few years ago before he had his over talked about daughter.
    Mairead and Jenny are just two of the most annoying people on the radio.

I take it he is still in the country.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement