Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Or appealling to his listeners who are parents.
    Or even to pander to the child who might have enjoyed their time in the studio.
    Really? I'm a parent and it didn't appeal to me nor several other parents who mentioned it.
    Self gratifying bull IMO
    And to make every one else in Ireland listen to a child because of her pandering. Oh dear. Bull again

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭mikehunts

2 months ago, I flicked to him, he mentioned Katie. I changed station. Yesterday, I flicked past and he was talking about the daughter again. Used to really love the show. Now I think he's an insufferable, pompous git.

I to used to like the show too but the Jenny one wore me down big time, her voice was getting more and more annoying and Ray repeating the same crap about his bike and cycling to work. Is that stupid odd one out quiz still on the go, surely there is enough brains in studio to think up something else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

amiable wrote: »

Show me where i've slated the man's entire career.
    I'm on record here saying he annoys me at times. That's it.

My post was directed AT you, not a reference TO you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

mikehunts wrote: »
    Is that stupid odd one out quiz still on the go, surely there is enough brains in studio to think up something else.

Agreed, there should be more of an effort to replace older items with newer ones. Not a total revamp, just a small replacement here and there over time. A new quiz format would be the best place to start.

batm!ke wrote: »
    My post was directed AT you, not a reference TO you.
    Why direct it at me so? Petty argument. Move on.
    Some people don't like him and are quite entitled to vent on here as long as its not abusive IMO

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Since it's a thread about the show, I'll say something about it and it's positive.

The show is great this week.

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Since it's a thread about the show, I'll say something about it and it's positive.

The show is great this week.
    +1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

I have no real problem with Ray but I this week I have actually "listened" to the show. Its usually on in the background here at work but if you asked me what Ray talked about today I couldnt tell you.

Anton seems so comfortable in the chair and gets on well with Will and Mairead. He would be an excellent replacement if Darcy decided to pack it in.

Anyone know when Ray is back (hopefully not for another week!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goingpostal

I'd rather listen to a flatulent donkey for 3 hours, than listen to D'Arcy's show. Just saying, like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Mr_Hat

I stop listening to the show around 2006/2007. It was getting stale then so I cant imagine what its like now. There were two items that stop me listening one was a when the show becaema abegging show. People were invited on to beg for money. One guy who had bought a clapped out BMW that had fallen apart was on was begging for money for a new one. WHICH THEY GAVE HIM.. Then a couple of weeks later they had that tit Quintien Forrell on. Who thinks he is Carries from Sex in The City and used to dealing with listeners problems. The issue of domestic violence came up, and they gave some very sketchy and unqualified advice. The issue of domsestic violence is prevelant in Irish life and does deserve to be aired. But not by two ill informed douchbags!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭TommyTippee

I'd rather listen to a flatulent donkey for 3 hours, than listen to D'Arcy's show. Just saying, like.

It's the same thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭TommyTippee

Irish radio is an insult to the population.

The fact this clown can bring his daughter into the studio to sing songs on prime time radio and not be disciplined is incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Second show in July, and Mundy "July" gets an airing. Be prepared to hear that every day in July.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

Second show in July, and Mundy "July" gets an airing. Be prepared to hear that every day in July.

Next thing you know he'll be playing christmas songs at christmas time. Crazy stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

Well to be fair, every station will be doing the exact same thing (and why not). The title of the song sorta leaves the door open for it

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Steamer

First number is 20 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭georgem25

2nd number is 4

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Steamer

• Registered Users Posts: 46 biggs2010

4th - 01

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=73032785#post73032785

Got there before ya!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,088 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Can anyone tell me the name of the mascarra Mairead was on about earlier. Want to tell yer one beside me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

day and nite glam something or other.

googled it

day 2 night glam eyes by rimmel

1st number today - 16

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Radiotower

Is it phone in again today?
    It impossible to get through - i even tried it before the 5th number is given out and its always engaged.
    At least with the text you knew you have a chance of been pulled out

2nd number 22

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

amiable wrote: »
    IF you don't like reading about people bitching about D'arcy don't read the thread or start an appreciation thread on him

Yes! This^^^^

It's not like this is the weekly Late Late Show thread which really does annoy me with people picking fault on every little thing! I think most people on this thread have the same small few gripes that don't actually change or get added to every 3 minutes!

I don't see how anyone can say D'Arcy hasn't changed a lot compared to when he started out. Altho, I wonder sometimes does he read this thread or at least get some feedback from someone who does coz I came on here a good while ago and gave out stink about the way he does that irratating condescenting sigh when he reads out a test/opinion he doesn't agree with....I don't listen that much....but I haven't heard him do it since!

anyone get the 3rd and 4th numbers?

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭smaoifs

Radiotower wrote: »
    Is it phone in again today?
    It impossible to get through - i even tried it before the 5th number is given out and its always engaged.
    At least with the text you knew you have a chance of been pulled out

Much preferred when we could text as well. At least we're all in with a chance then.
    Also, does anyone remember a few weeks ago on Price Watch they were discussing text bundles and how when you text the rte stations, it isn't recognised as being the same price as a standard text and is taken from your credit rather than your free text bundle cos it's a 5 digit number. Ray was saying how Today FM are better value cos we can text a regular mobile number so this is recognised in our free text bundles and we can use webtext. Well, only about a month on now they have this new 53102 number which I can't webtext. Not that this is Ray's fault or concern but the fact that I could use my free texts to text in made me participate in discussions on the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Twixster

anyone get the first number today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

first number today was 5

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement