Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Snaggerman

2nd was 19,but think I missed the 3rd,anyone geddit?

EDIT, t'was 26,given out @10:42

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Twixster

anyone get the 4th number?

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Snaggerman

Twixster wrote: »

anyone get the 4th number?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭TommyTippee

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Havent the botheration to read through 147 pages but i just wanted to add my tuppence. I used to loves Rays show, it was fun and enjoyable, they talked about a wide range of topics without ever getting too serious. however in the last year or so the show has got too serious, Ray has become a grumpy old man in my opinion, he's always giving out about something or other and the lightheartedness has disappeared. There are a 101 other talk shows discussing the sewer levels this country has sunken to (politically & financially) without the need for another so i've switched off from Ray in the morning and the only time i now listen to the show is when Ray is on holidays and Anton Savage stands in for him. Anton is lighthearted, comical, witty and easy to listen to compared to old moaney hole darcy.

Ray if you do actually read this thread, lighten up or you'll end up on the 3am to 5am slot boring the hole of the poor sods with nothing else to do at that time of night!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 jonnynitro

3am to 5am slot boring the hole of the poor sods with nothing else to do at that time of night!

god help the long distance lorry drivers :(

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Sesudra

jonnynitro wrote: »
    god help the long distance lorry drivers :(

they'll have to pull over to the side of the road in tears whenever he reads a sad email :D

• Registered Users Posts: 46 biggs2010

1st number 22

2nd number 18

anyone get the next couple of numbers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Twixster

3rd - 44
    4th - 30

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭slickmcvic

He's Gone off on 1 today about the church and Ming....opinionated and arrogant,used to be a fun show but gettin sick of him now

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Anyone remember the name of the song ray played around 9.40-9.45, just before the segment on birds. He said the name but missed it, he's played it a few times this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Stew - if you listen back on this link you can will be able to hear it again :)

http://www.todayfm.com/Music/ListenBack.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Stew - if you listen back on this link you can will be able to hear it again :)

http://www.todayfm.com/Music/ListenBack.aspx

Found it

Birdy - Skinny Love

The problem was both today and yesterday, he said it so quickly/mumbled it, I couldn't make out what he said.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

irish-stew wrote: »
    Anyone remember the name of the song ray played around 9.40-9.45, just before the segment on birds. He said the name but missed it, he's played it a few times this week.

Don't worry, I'm sure you'll hear it every day for the next three months on D'arsey's show.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

I used to love Darcy as a presenter back from his days on the Den & Blackboard Jungle but his radio programme gives me a an irrational desire to go on a killing spree.
    Maybe it's the tone he uses that makes him the world authority on everything.
    Perhaps it's that he's an expert on womens problems & speaks for them.
    Maybe it's because he's an expert on rearing children even though he only has one of his own.
    Probably because he plays the newest quirky music trying to be cutting edge with mainstream dirge.

No, I no longer like Ray Darcy & the mere utterance of his name means that 5 kittens will now die.
    Rant never over.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭FrDougalMcguire

How do the people in this thread who constantly moan and complain and rant about Ray D'Arcy know exactly whats goin on in the show? The seem to have a minute by minute account of whats being discussed in the show, what songs are being played, whos on holidays and when. If they despise the man as much as they say they do, what the hell are they still listening to the show for? People who call him 'A moaning old man' are no better themselves moaning about the old man. So people stop listening to him if ye dont like him, its as simple as that! The choice is yours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

How do the people in this thread who constantly moan and complain and rant about Ray D'Arcy know exactly whats goin on in the show? The seem to have a minute by minute account of whats being discussed in the show, what songs are being played, whos on holidays and when. If they despise the man as much as they say they do, what the hell are they still listening to the show for? People who call him 'A moaning old man' are no better themselves moaning about the old man. So people stop listening to him if ye dont like him, its as simple as that! The choice is yours.

cough
    CONTENT OF POSTS
    "Off-topic" posts may be edited (to remove off-topic content) or deleted by moderators at their discretion. Offenders may be infracted or banned depending on the severity of the offense. Posts and threads considered off-topic include (but are not restricted to):
    those which deviate substantially from the original topic of the thread
    those of the “if you don’t like it, change the channel” variety
    those which exist in order to get around radio station competition rules by giving out answers to competition questions
    those about the moderation of the forum
    cough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

I am not going to edit this post but rather leave it up as an example for others. Fr Dougal you are warned of future conduct as this type of comment in future will lead to a ban.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Skyrim

Ray was a hero of mine from the 90s, only remember the final series he presented the den and blackboard jungle, his early radio show work was enjoyable, but he just seems a bit grumpy or something. Cheer up Ray!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

I'm quick to give out, so might as well be as quick to say something positive!

Enjoyed their show today, and got a good few laughs. In particular, one of the odd one out callers and Mary Byrne were both funny. Ray got the craic out of them too.

They mentioned that Will Hannafin and his wife welcomed a new baby boy overnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭cuculainn

Was listening to Ray D'Arcy show for a bit this morning. They are down in Dingle I think.

Apparently Miriam O'Callaghan is down there too, coincidentally, on holidays.

According to Jenny/Mairead, she challenged Ray to beat her at the climbing wall and 40 ft free fall.....

Jenny/Mairead were slagging Ray to make him accept the challenge.

He proceeded to state repeatedly that this would be a "celebrity" wall climb challenge

My question: Since when is Ray D'Arcy or Miriam O'Callaghan a celebrity??

I think it speaks volumes for the man that he holds himself in such high regard:rolleyes:

How arrogant can you get?:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Of course he's an Irish celebrity. He's been on TV and radio for the last 20 years.

If you don't class him as a celebrity, who is?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

Clanket wrote: »
    Of course he's an Irish celebrity. He's been on TV and radio for the last 20 years.

If you don't class him as a celebrity, who is?

I was just about to say the exact same thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

cuculainn wrote: »

My question: Since when is Ray D'Arcy or Miriam O'Callaghan a celebrity??

Definition of Celebrity -
    “A celebrity, also referred to as a celeb in popular culture, is a person who has a prominent profile in the media and is easily recognized.”

This would apply to both D’Arcy and O’Callaghan.

Please find something else to get offended about.

Its the first time I've anyone publicly brand themselves as a celebrity.....Whether they are celebrities or not......

Usually people have enough humility not to do that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

cuculainn wrote: »
    Its the first time I've anyone publicly brand themselves as a celebrity.....Whether they are celebrities or not......

Usually people have enough humility not to do that

Well, your first post questioned why they would consider themselves 'celebrities' - now you seem to have moved onto an entirely different point regarding the 'humility' of describing oneself as one.
    Are you quite sure you've decided what you're going to get offended about or are you likely to change your reason again?

Well, your first post questioned why they would consider themselves 'celebrities' - now you seem to have moved onto an entirely different point regarding the 'humility' of describing oneself as one.
    Are you quite sure you've decided what you're going to get offended about or are you likely to change your reason again?

I think if you read the last two lines of the original post it addresses this point....

You chose to focus on the definition of celebrity (thanks for that) and not the other points

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

I think I heard Ray mention he is gonna be off for the next two weeks. Anton savage from Monday.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement